Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.2

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.2

Unread post by Ijomi »

Qinni wrote:Now we need is a spirit crane like Chi-Ji accept not as important looking. C: (it would be weird having a tameable god model)
*stares at Har'koa* :p

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Ijomi wrote:
Qinni wrote:Now we need is a spirit crane like Chi-Ji accept not as important looking. C: (it would be weird having a tameable god model)
*stares at Har'koa* :p
I FORGOT! D: Sowy
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Loque is the chief exception to spirit beast standards. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

:lol: imo Loque needs to become the rule rather than the exception nowadays.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Kalliope

Ijomi wrote::lol: imo Loque needs to become the rule rather than the exception nowadays.
The thing is, we haven't seen a god model as a spirit beast since Loque (the beginning) and we haven't seen a solid spirit beast since Skoll (also Northrend). I'm afraid the writing's on the wall; Blizzard isn't interested in continuing that line of spirit beasts. Everyone who wants them is allowed to hope, of course, and express their desire for more, but I really hope no one is getting their hopes up on that front, just based on the evidence we've seen. Minds could always change, but for now, change seems highly unlikely.

YouTube Edition

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Kalliope wrote:
Ijomi wrote::lol: imo Loque needs to become the rule rather than the exception nowadays.
The thing is, we haven't seen a god model as a spirit beast since Loque (the beginning) and we haven't seen a solid spirit beast since Skoll (also Northrend). I'm afraid the writing's on the wall; Blizzard isn't interested in continuing that line of spirit beasts. Everyone who wants them is allowed to hope, of course, and express their desire for more, but I really hope no one is getting their hopes up on that front, just based on the evidence we've seen. Minds could always change, but for now, change seems highly unlikely.
B-b-b-but they made those pretty MoP god models! Stupid Xeun though is transparent... :T
Kalliope

Qinni wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
B-b-b-but they made those pretty MoP god models! Stupid Xeun though is transparent... :T
I know, I know - still, things haven't changed in an expansion and a half, so the odds continue to drop.

YouTube Edition

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Kalliope wrote:
I know, I know - still, things haven't changed in an expansion and a half, so the odds continue to drop.
Yea good thing my hopes where shattered a long time ago! :D I have no hope left for anything. ^^
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:
True and disappointing. Combined with the mess that passes for a BM rotation, I'm more and more comfortable with staying as SV or MM.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:
Qinni wrote:
Kalliope wrote: The thing is, we haven't seen a god model as a spirit beast since Loque (the beginning) and we haven't seen a solid spirit beast since Skoll (also Northrend). I'm afraid the writing's on the wall; Blizzard isn't interested in continuing that line of spirit beasts. Everyone who wants them is allowed to hope, of course, and express their desire for more, but I really hope no one is getting their hopes up on that front, just based on the evidence we've seen. Minds could always change, but for now, change seems highly unlikely.
I'm not sure. We don't see that many spirit beasts ever, so it's such a small sample size I'm not sure we can really infer any intent from what we see. Unless you know something :D

Honestly, I get the impression they just make whatever they think they'd like to make at the time. And use old models when they don't have time to do that. In this case I'll bet the spirit porcupines were a result of GC's capricious comment, or they already had planned them as battle pets and decided to use them as spirit beasts as well.

With Xuen's model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tameable version one day, but my guess is they'd wait till after MoP when it's no longer new to monks. This is pure guesswork, I know nothing :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Wain wrote: With Xuen's model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tameable version one day, but my guess is they'd wait till after MoP when it's no longer new to monks. This is pure guesswork, I know nothing :)
Yeah, me and Mel were talking about this and said it would be a great compromise to make the yak/crane/tiger god models into tamable spirit beasts after MoP ended. I doubt we'll ever get to tame the serpent one though.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Kalliope

Wain wrote:I'm not sure. We don't see that many spirit beasts ever, so it's such a small sample size I'm not sure we can really infer any intent from what we see. Unless you know something :D
Nope, just running the numbers and speculating! :lol:
Wain wrote:Honestly, I get the impression they just make whatever they think they'd like to make at the time. And use old models when they don't have time to do that. In this case I'll bet the spirit porcupines were a result of GC's capricious comment, or they already had planned them as battle pets and decided to use them as spirit beasts as well.
Probably right on one of those counts. Like I doubt we would have gotten Terrorpene if that skin wasn't already on Nemesis.
Wain wrote:With Xuen's model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tameable version one day, but my guess is they'd wait till after MoP when it's no longer new to monks. This is pure guesswork, I know nothing :)
It's entirely possible! Probably more likely to see Xuen than the other Pandaria celestials due to the translucent thing as well as the monk connection, at any rate - but again, speculation. :)

YouTube Edition

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I think it would be cool if they used the same models/skins on rares and classed them as 'children' of the gods. No one can say that sounds 'OP' or anything, since we can tame the mate of a god! And they all look like they'd work fine as spirit beasts, so then we wouldn't have too much of a problem when it comes to taming the cloud serpent.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Loki wrote:
Wain wrote: With Xuen's model, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tameable version one day, but my guess is they'd wait till after MoP when it's no longer new to monks. This is pure guesswork, I know nothing :)
Yeah, me and Mel were talking about this and said it would be a great compromise to make the yak/crane/tiger god models into tamable spirit beasts after MoP ended. I doubt we'll ever get to tame the serpent one though.
I'd settle for this. As long as it happened someday...Xuen's got the groundwork for tamable relatives laid already, what with his kids scattered around the Temple. He could have a mate somewhere, or more kids!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope

Kroshik does indeed appear and disappear on a cycle! Check out the post here from Alauran: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 44&t=20167

Very good to know. :)

YouTube Edition

Kalliope

http://youtu.be/EOuvsqtZK3s

Dire horn video is up! Shows both shadings of the blue and green dire horns, as well as the locations of all the families on the isle of giants, among other things. :)

YouTube Edition

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Great vid!
You should've mentioned tamed size, it's rather adorable to me :lol:

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Kalliope

Eternallylostx wrote:Great vid!
You should've mentioned tamed size, it's rather adorable to me :lol:
Oh yes, that's part of why Tiresias made an appearance at the end. :D Footsteps + tiny size = precious!

YouTube Edition

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Those footsteps <3

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Kalliope, I want your computer. Lol.

Anyway, I didn't see the original shade of green, was it intentional that after the light blue one, the new green showed?

Also, your voice. You need to do like, radio or something.