Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.2

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.2

Unread post by Ickabob »

Not sure if this is the right place, but I managed to break away from Pandaria (engineering FTW) and go to Un'goro to check the various Dinosaurs, just encase some of them were Dire Horns. Despite the patch notes implying that taming said Dire Horns wouldn't be simple, I still checked the stagadons, pterrordax, and diemetrodons. Unfortunately, none of them are tamable at this time. Then again it is still very early.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ickabob wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but I managed to break away from Pandaria (engineering FTW) and go to Un'goro to check the various Dinosaurs, just encase some of them were Dire Horns. Despite the patch notes implying that taming said Dire Horns wouldn't be simple, I still checked the stagadons, pterrordax, and diemetrodons. Unfortunately, none of them are tamable at this time. Then again it is still very early.
Thanks for checking! Definitely an important area to go through, especially with dinosaur additions across the board.

Long as it's an informative report, it will usually fit in this thread (unless there are specific threads for other discoveries, like we had in 5.1 with the 150 non-Pandarian rares). So thank you! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Ickabob wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but I managed to break away from Pandaria (engineering FTW) and go to Un'goro to check the various Dinosaurs, just encase some of them were Dire Horns. Despite the patch notes implying that taming said Dire Horns wouldn't be simple, I still checked the stagadons, pterrordax, and diemetrodons. Unfortunately, none of them are tamable at this time. Then again it is still very early.
Did this last night on my 86 hunter. Parked her in Uldum before the copy so I could just fly over. I beast lored every Dino model in Ungoro just to see. Same result. One thing I found odd though was the only devilsaur I could find was the white one. I'm going to check again tonight bc I could have simply been there after a kill/tame but I flew around several times and the white ninja was the only one up. Left that toon parked there so I can keep checking back.

Enika is parked by Oondasta. I systematically grid scanned that whole island looking for tracks. Found nothing. Going to scan some more this weekend in other Pandaria zones on the premade. Enika is engineer so I'll go check NR & OL this weekend on her. Might be able to get to EK on her with my cloak. We'll see.
Enikka & Gara.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I sneaked onto Thunder Isle to do some exploring (and catch a Dire Horn pet) when I happened upon a new tamable devilsaur, Kroshik!

He patrols around the Saurok area on the southeastern section of the isle and is pretty hard to miss, given that he's so big. He respawns almost instantly, so he'll always be up.

When trying to tame him, be careful as he seems like he can interrupt taming and also hits for 80k - 180k dmg. Simply Wyvern Sting or Freezing Trap him and you'll be fine. :)
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I like the model. I'd want the green or black ones.

Question, does he "THUNDER STEP" or quiet?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just uploading the dire horn family icon.

Attachments
Ability_Mount_TriceratopsMount.jpg
Ability_Mount_TriceratopsMount.jpg (5.03 KiB) Viewed 5415 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Thanks, Wain! Should be easy to find it in here in the future. :)

YouTube Edition

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i am beginning to wonder just how many of the new skins and models we have seen in the files are going to be implemented. i have no doubt that Noah and blizzard will try to make as many of the new dinosaurs available to hunters as possible but things like the dragon turtles or skin swap beasts might not reach us. any word from noah as to how much we could expect from the patch?
Kalliope

Far as I've heard, we're all completely in the dark on this patch. :) Makes it more exciting!

YouTube Edition

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yay! Makes it look like the new devilsaur model will be tameable after all. Now let's pray for other colours! (:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Snowy wrote:Yay! Makes it look like the new devilsaur model will be tameable after all. Now let's pray for other colours! (:
Erm, no offense, but what evidence could make it seem like the new devilsaur models wouldn't be tameable?

It's extremely rare that a new skin or model for an existing pet will surface in a new patch and not be tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Equeon wrote:
Snowy wrote:Yay! Makes it look like the new devilsaur model will be tameable after all. Now let's pray for other colours! (:
Erm, no offense, but what evidence could make it seem like the new devilsaur models wouldn't be tameable?
It's extremely rare that a new skin or model for an existing pet will surface in a new patch and not be tameable.
All I think she meant was it's confirmation that it's already available and not just as a boss. Sometimes what we expect doesn't happen, so it's always nice to have confirmation.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

It's more a matter of confirming that it's not an exception than it being a huge surprise. :) What Wain said!

YouTube Edition

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Wain wrote:All I think she meant was it's confirmation that it's already available and not just as a boss. Sometimes what we expect doesn't happen, so it's always nice to have confirmation.
Mmhm. For all we know, they could've used the new models on bosses only or something. Bosses that aren't tameable at that. But yeah, it's just nice to have that confirmation.
... I was only being happy for the fact they *are* tameable... >.>
Last edited by Snowy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Equeon wrote:

There is always the question if it will surface in game or if they just made extra skins but never implement them in game. (Or indeed if they are boss mobs or too high levels for current level cap.) I try to never assume something will be tameable just in case it might not happen. ;) However unlikely it might seem at the time being.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Yoruko wrote:There is always the question if it will surface in game or if they just made extra skins but never implement them in game. (Or indeed if they are boss mobs or too high levels for current level cap.) I try to never assume something will be tameable just in case it might not happen. ;) However unlikely it might seem at the time being.
Pretty much this. It's a case of I never like to get my hopes up too high, just in case something people expect doesn't end up happening. I just don't want to be disappointed.

Kalliope

Snowy wrote:
Yoruko wrote:There is always the question if it will surface in game or if they just made extra skins but never implement them in game. (Or indeed if they are boss mobs or too high levels for current level cap.) I try to never assume something will be tameable just in case it might not happen. ;) However unlikely it might seem at the time being.
Pretty much this. It's a case of I never like to get my hopes up too high, just in case something people expect doesn't end up happening. I just don't want to be disappointed.
Exactly. Which is why even though all signs/evidence point to certain things being true, I'm waiting for 100% actual confirmation before adding things to this thread.

YouTube Edition

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

In minor news: I freshly tamed a red Portent in the PTR and his face still has blockytitis.

I really didn't expect they'd fixed something this minor as a priority, but thought it was worth checking at least. :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010913_174259small.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010913_174259small.jpg (200.19 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yoruko....I totally misread your post as "blockytits" (Sorry mods if this is bad but it's what I thought it said!) XD I had to do a double take!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

I made a post in the models thread saying the spectral porcupette is a mini-pet. There's always the possibility its a spirit beast too, though.
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94190-spectral-porcupette