Amber Parasites and Gorishi Grubs - Not Tameable on the PTR

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: Amber Parasites - Not Tameable on the PTR

Unread post by Zangor »

Mozag wrote:
HunterFTW wrote:acording to a hunter friend that has the parasite his has been shrunk already.i have not seen it myself but.
I tamed this baby less than an hour ago, and he doesn't seem too shrunken as yet!

I personally look forward to them being smaller, but I have always wanted a toothed maggot and now I have it.
Thanks for the warnings, Kalli and Wain, you finally made me go BM on this hunter too. :P

we are talking about PTR size and tameability you must be thinking this is about the live realms where they are still tamable
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, mine was in response to HunterFTW, who stated that their friend said their larva was already smaller.
Perhaps I misunderstood them also, and they meant on the PTR, but the wording seemed to imply live realms. :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Drakkena wrote:I don't mind them being shrunk though I kinda grew attached to the size personally. I have to wonder if the shrunken Amber Parasite still does it's adorable flips and saults at that size as well. My priest friend has way too much fun Leap of Faithing Magahet XD
Probably! These are normal silkworm animations. In fact, the only one the parasites are missing (that I know of) is burrow. If someone could check that on the PTR, btw, that would be great. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Hmm maybe they are still deciding if they are keeping it or working on resizing them properly. Ptr is still early sometimes things get broken but just incase i plan on taming one lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Sasrei wrote:Hmm maybe they are still deciding if they are keeping it or working on resizing them properly. Ptr is still early sometimes things get broken but just incase i plan on taming one lol
As much as I love their size, I doubt they'll let us keep it. The same could be said about that elite silkworm at the start of MoP.

(Which reminds me. What's up with the giant silkworm pets in MoP anyway? This brings us to three cases)
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Drakkena wrote:Just because they show a Diet doesn't mean they will be tameable sadly. Other beasts (Such as those Weird Ant-Lion/Tank things in AQ) show Diets as well but also come up as Cannot be Tamed. Perhaps we can hope in the future that someone in Blizzard will allow us to get more interesting pets (I know at some point we were promised Hydras but never got them).
Yes, the sandreavers... maybe one day!

Sometimes, beasts with diets end up becoming tameable later on. Sometimes, it's doubtful that they will (regular low-to-the-ground snakes, for instance.)

Perhaps the Amber Parasite is untameable while the Gorishi Grub remains tameable because of its missing "burrow" animation.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Kalliope wrote:In fact, the only one the parasites are missing (that I know of) is burrow. If someone could check that on the PTR, btw, that would be great. :D

Still just kicking up dust, I'm afraid. :lol:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010413_163352 copy.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_010413_163352 copy.jpeg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I'm finally going to tame one tonight. Can't wait.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I would imagine that if they let us keep the caterpillars, then eventually maggots/grubs would make it into the worm family. I'm rather shocked that the opposite seems to be happening, but it's still early, we may be misinterpreting things.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Gimlion wrote:I would imagine that if they let us keep the caterpillars, then eventually maggots/grubs would make it into the worm family. I'm rather shocked that the opposite seems to be happening, but it's still early, we may be misinterpreting things.
Hard to say at this stage, since one is thus far staying and the other's going (at the moment).

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kalliope wrote:
Gimlion wrote:I would imagine that if they let us keep the caterpillars, then eventually maggots/grubs would make it into the worm family. I'm rather shocked that the opposite seems to be happening, but it's still early, we may be misinterpreting things.
Hard to say at this stage, since one is thus far staying and the other's going (at the moment).
That's what I'm getting at. They may be adjusting size, and thus shut off tamability for now, or they may be just not want us taming them. Whatever happens, happens. I do think it's a safe bet to obtain either of these maggot pets sooner than later if you want one. I know how disappointed I was when I held out on taming the Hydra bc I thought it'd stick around for longer than it did.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Gimlion wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
That's what I'm getting at. They may be adjusting size, and thus shut off tamability for now, or they may be just not want us taming them. Whatever happens, happens. I do think it's a safe bet to obtain either of these maggot pets sooner than later if you want one. I know how disappointed I was when I held out on taming the Hydra bc I thought it'd stick around for longer than it did.
Yep, definitely. The green grubs may only still be tameable on the PTR because they were discovered later than the parasites....may.

YouTube Edition

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

There's also the possibility of them making them tameable, but wanting the specific mob Amber Parasite non-tameable, because it's a spawned "parasite"?

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Kalliope

Tsuki wrote:There's also the possibility of them making them tameable, but wanting the specific mob Amber Parasite non-tameable, because it's a spawned "parasite"?
Yup, or perhaps the method in which it spawns. It's hard to say. Perhaps it's related to why these worms don't have a burrow animation. There are too many things we don't know here to do more than speculate, unfortunately.

YouTube Edition

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Well I remember when a lot of pets were found that required certain kinks to tame them, such as the first Ghost Wolves that could be tamed. Blizzard might not want us taming something that is spawned but then again we can't tell for certain. There's a lot of speculation so we'll have to keep an eye out and watch to see what they decide to do.

Or maybe if possible, ask a Blue about it to see if they are, in fact, making these guys untameable period. *shrugs* Who knows anymore XD
Kalliope

Blues often aren't privy to that sort of information, unfortunately.

Best to err on the side of caution and tame now, just in case.

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Yea, just don't get too attached, as was stated in the original thread. There has been past precedent (granted, it was a pet worgen xD) in that they removed the pets from people who tamed em.

Obviously, I don't expect that to happen, but if they deem they don't want hunters to tame something that is technically an undead, then they may very well remove them, or change the model of the tamed ones on us to an actual worm.
Dini

Unread post by Dini »

Nothing wrong with undead pets, since we even have some tamable undead eagles.

But I don't see maggots as undeads. :)
They are baby-flies or moths, just like the silkworms. ^^
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Dini wrote:They are baby-flies or moths, just like the silkworms. ^^
I'd love to see the fly that would come out of those giant grubs in EPL.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Dini wrote:Nothing wrong with undead pets, since we even have some tamable undead eagles.

But I don't see maggots as undeads. :)
They are baby-flies or moths, just like the silkworms. ^^
Most maggots in the game are scourge/undead/etc. though. :P

The Amber Parasites are most likely just an infestation of corrupted insects though. xD

But the point was, tame it while you can, but don't get too attached until we have confirmation if we get to keep them.