Amber Parasites and Gorishi Grubs - Not Tameable on the PTR

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Re: Amber Parasites - Not Tameable on the PTR

Unread post by HunterFTW »

but we already have undead like pets anyway in the game as well as diseased wolves and bears.as well as some ppl got to keep the slime/ooz pet so be werid if they didn't alow us to keep a parasite.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myzou wrote:Yea, just don't get too attached, as was stated in the original thread. There has been past precedent (granted, it was a pet worgen xD) in that they removed the pets from people who tamed em.

Obviously, I don't expect that to happen, but if they deem they don't want hunters to tame something that is technically an undead, then they may very well remove them, or change the model of the tamed ones on us to an actual worm.
Fair points. At least there is some hope that they're the next limited edition accident pet, as hunters with them have kept them on the PTR in the current build and they still have all the worm abilities.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

The main thing is get them while you can. As is being stated, we MIGHT be able to keep them but again we might NOT be able to keep them. I'm going to keep an eye on the PTR for any updates on both my worms that I have (As I have both of them) and will keep checking in general.

We don't know if Blizzard will change the model or anything so we'll be keeping our eyes open. Just because they are being kept on hunters on the PTR for now doesn't mean that it won't change in the future. After all this is the very early stages of the Beta.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I have to admit that while I tamed Tape on a whim, I've kind of grown attached to him. I'd hate to lose him, but yeah, he might get taken away or changed to some other worm skin.

If it turns out that being able to tame the parasites was a mistake, I rather hope we get to keep them anyway like the folks who were lucky enough to get to keep their crocohydraslimes.
Kalliope

Boven wrote:I have to admit that while I tamed Tape on a whim, I've kind of grown attached to him. I'd hate to lose him, but yeah, he might get taken away or changed to some other worm skin.

If it turns out that being able to tame the parasites was a mistake, I rather hope we get to keep them anyway like the folks who were lucky enough to get to keep their crocohydraslimes.
Thus far, this appears to be the case, but nothing is ever set in stone, even if it makes it to live.

YouTube Edition

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Kalliope wrote:
Boven wrote:I have to admit that while I tamed Tape on a whim, I've kind of grown attached to him. I'd hate to lose him, but yeah, he might get taken away or changed to some other worm skin.

Thus far, this appears to be the case, but nothing is ever set in stone, even if it makes it to live.

Hmm. Seeing what I wrote there, I have to wonder if Tape grew attached to me. Seems like that'd be the way it'd work with a parasite.

Anyway, I figure the croco-hydras are about the only argument we'd have for being able to keep the parasites since the situations for taming them are pretty similar. I'd bring the Grimtotem spirit wolves into the argument, but they at least required a lot of preparation and a bit of luck to tame. The hydras, slimes and parasites were/are just spawned, quest-related mobs. I think we were really lucky that Blizz let hunters keep the hydras and slimes. That's no guarantee that they'll do that again with the parasites.

I don't plan on replacing Tape any time soon. If he's taken away because taming was unintended, so be it. I'll miss him, but won't be heartbroken.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I’m just curious, why is everyone expecting blizz to take the worms away from the players that have tamed them? They let us keep our hydra/slimes, ghost wolves and all of the macro tamed pets that didn’t cause an imbalance to the game.
The only pets I can recall that blizz ever took away were pets that gave us an unfair advantage. (Like puffed macro tamed raid bosses and the untargeible raptors that looked like a patch of fire) and the Worgen due to their plans on making them a player race in cata.
I would think that as long as the pet doesn’t change your gameplay, it would be easier to just mark them as untamable and move on instead of rooting out all the worms that have already been tamed. Did I miss a mass purging of pets in the past? O.o

Kalliope

SylviaDragon wrote:I’m just curious, why is everyone expecting blizz to take the worms away from the players that have tamed them? They let us keep our hydra/slimes, ghost wolves and all of the macro tamed pets that didn’t cause an imbalance to the game.
The only pets I can recall that blizz ever took away were pets that gave us an unfair advantage. (Like puffed macro tamed raid bosses and the untargeible raptors that looked like a patch of fire) and the Worgen due to their plans on making them a player race in cata.
I would think that as long as the pet doesn’t change your gameplay, it would be easier to just mark them as untamable and move on instead of rooting out all the worms that have already been tamed. Did I miss a mass purging of pets in the past? O.o
Aside from the worgen, I don't believe so. There's a greater precedent for players getting to keep limited edition pets than not.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SylviaDragon wrote:I’m just curious, why is everyone expecting blizz to take the worms away from the players that have tamed them? They let us keep our hydra/slimes, ghost wolves and all of the macro tamed pets that didn’t cause an imbalance to the game.
I think it just goes with this saying...

"Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst."

If you expect it to happen and are prepared should it happen, it won't hit you as hard because it was anticipated. If it doesn't happen, then awesome! The feeling is joyous!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

That and Hunters generally don't trust Blizzard, they're notorious for the ghost totem wolf incident where they blatantly lied about them staying tamable. If they lie about that, what else will they do?

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Indeed so mistrust as well as preparation comes into play.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Ok, I gotta say:

A) hope they stay tameable, or at least that we get to keep the ones we've already gotten

And

B) they retain their current giant size

Pretty sure I just ruined a Rogue's evening by RP walking over her and having good ol' Shockwave "swallow" her whole. :lol:

She was like "What.....the hell?"
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

Myzou wrote:Yea, just don't get too attached, as was stated in the original thread. There has been past precedent (granted, it was a pet worgen xD) in that they removed the pets from people who tamed em.
I totally forgot all about that worgen BEST PET EVER! Haha I miss mine so much I think he lasted 1 day and than I logged in the next and he was just a normal wolf.... Way to ruin my good mood blizzard :p

Anyways whether the worms stay with us or not isn't much of a big deal for me because to be honest I prefer survival, just got my panda to 80 to twink it and chose survival aswell, BM just wasn't near enough damage even at 68% mastery so it's disappointing so far but I'm not yet fully twink geared either, so that may or may not make a difference, ill just have to see when I get there and I have yet to test BM on my 90 in a raid with the new gear my mum won for me hehe.

Biggest annoyance of BM is just the aoe, I was doing like 200k in surv and like 60-80k in BM with an aoe pet and also without, but that was before I got new gear so I could imagine it would be slightly higher but not by much.

And I totally went off topic haha but hey gotta rant to someone....
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Yea, no one's "expecting" them to take the worms from us.

However, it's more of a warning to not be surprised if it does happen.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I think the main thing that leaves a sliver of doubt are the events that occurred on the MoP beta. Porcupines and silkworms were unintentional, but later one was given it own family and the other added to an existing family.

Then, there was he Mushan/Yak situation. Yaks considered goats and Mushan considered crocs. Both pets were later removed completely.

Basically anything that isn't live is up for speculation.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Ok make sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up. I was stuck at level 70 for years and have never been in beta before so I obviously tend to miss out on some of these things. X)

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

We were never promised hydras. Ever. Blizzard's stance is that they don't like something about their looks, and once they get that ironed out, they might consider flipping the tamable switch. Operative words being might consider.

That being said, glad the parasites are being shrunk down, but sadness for people who don't have a hunter of a level to tame the little guys while they are available.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Tahlian wrote:That being said, glad the parasites are being shrunk down, but sadness for people who don't have a hunter of a level to tame the little guys while they are available.
This exactly sums up how I feel. I found him a bit too huge to use on a regular basis. I tamed him, sat around for a bit at Halfhill incurring many odd glances lol... after I showed him to my fiance, I stabled him up hoping for some shrinkage in the future. I feel sad for those who loved him gargantuan, but for me personally, he was just TOO big. I hope everyone who wants one can snag one before the patch (or hotfix, be there one).
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

As of the newest Build the Gorishi Grubs have also now been Shrunken Down.

Amber Parasites are still not Tameable

Gorishi Grubs are now NOT TAMEABLE on this Build of the PTR.
Kalliope

Oh no! :( I was hoping this would go the other way. :/ *huggles Slimey* Guess you're staying, little guy. <3

YouTube Edition