Trapped In Pandaria

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Trapped In Pandaria

Unread post by Kurasu »

As people have mentioned, all old character copies have been wiped. However, as of yet, the copies numbers haven't been reset.

So I made a premade... only to find that, at the moment, portals are non-interactable, as are pretty much all doodads at the moment.

So I decided I would do a shift from Alliance to Horde, since that used to reset the character's hearth... only to discover I have mail, and thus can't. And as mentioned before, doodads don't work, and this includes mailboxes.

Soooooo, yeah. I'm presently stuck in Pandaria. :( Can anyone think of a way that I might be able to get to Stormwind or somewhere else in Azeroth so I ca ndo some rare-hunting?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: Trapped In Pandaria

Unread post by Bonita »

I saw a couple non mages in SW when I was on there on my mage so there has to be a way. A guildie was following me around on the PTR though so I decided to get off before I could look into it further.

(Posting here in case someone figures something out while I'm sleeping so I don't miss it :D )

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Bonita wrote:I saw a couple non mages in SW when I was on there on my mage so there has to be a way. A guildie was following me around on the PTR though so I decided to get off before I could look into it further.

(Posting here in case someone figures something out while I'm sleeping so I don't miss it :D )
The way they did it was probably by being hearthed in Stormwind and getting a character copy. Copies haven't reset, but people still have copies 'left over' from the last PTR, I would wager. ... unlike me, who went through all his copies trying to get a Level 90 character onto the right server. :P
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Kurasu wrote:
Bonita wrote:I saw a couple non mages in SW when I was on there on my mage so there has to be a way. A guildie was following me around on the PTR though so I decided to get off before I could look into it further.

The way they did it was probably by being hearthed in Stormwind and getting a character copy. Copies haven't reset, but people still have copies 'left over' from the last PTR, I would wager. ... unlike me, who went through all his copies trying to get a Level 90 character onto the right server. :P
Oh yeah.. Good point lol. I totally didn't think of that I blame lack of sleep >.> )

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Have you tried the argent gruntling mailbox? His is a "speak" option, not clicking a doodad.
ImageImage
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

The portal in your respective 5.1 Krasarang WIlds outpost should also count as an NPC and let you move to your main city. The one to Orgrimmar does anyway, so I've heard.

I'm just waiting for the one to the new content to work. =_=
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Meggers wrote:Have you tried the argent gruntling mailbox? His is a "speak" option, not clicking a doodad.
For this, I would A) need an Argent Squire, and B) need a pony to put him on. As this is a premade, I have neither of these, and doubt I'd have the... how many weeks does it take to get 150 marks for the pony *and* the Squire? ;)

As for the outpost, the home portals only show up when someone has enough marks to create it, and those same portals are... well... portals. They're clickable doodads. Not interactable NPCs. Unless my memory's failing me.
Zaizo
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Zaizo »

Neilaren wrote:The portal in your respective 5.1 Krasarang WIlds outpost should also count as an NPC and let you move to your main city. The one to Orgrimmar does anyway, so I've heard.

they do indeed work as I used the one to Org
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Zaizo wrote:
Neilaren wrote:The portal in your respective 5.1 Krasarang WIlds outpost should also count as an NPC and let you move to your main city. The one to Orgrimmar does anyway, so I've heard.

they do indeed work as I used the one to Org
This is good news!

The bad news: the item for the last part of the Krasarang questline?

Is a doodad.

-.-