Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Poearia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Re: Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

Unread post by Poearia »

Kind of odd that they have 3 of the same spirit beasts - just in different colors. And the color choices are odd. It's kind of like Earth, Water, Fire....Maybe if u tame them all u open up to the real rare tame....
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Poearia wrote:Kind of odd that they have 3 of the same spirit beasts - just in different colors. And the color choices are odd. It's kind of like Earth, Water, Fire....Maybe if u tame them all u open up to the real rare tame....
Nope, nothing seems to happen once you have the trio.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Poearia wrote:Kind of odd that they have 3 of the same spirit beasts - just in different colors. And the color choices are odd. It's kind of like Earth, Water, Fire....Maybe if u tame them all u open up to the real rare tame....
That is actually a badass idea.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Spirit beasts -- completely underwhelmed. I'd hoped for a corrupted sha-look, or that phoenix model, or even a celestial(ish) skin like Xuen's or the Crane's.

Instead I got a booger porcupine and 2 recolors :|

Dinos -- eh. I'd hoped for the pterrors, Devilsaurs I liked the old model better and Triceratops are cool, but it doesn't seem like a pet I'd click with.

All in all ho-hum for me personally.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Dialga wrote:Spirit beasts -- completely underwhelmed. I'd hoped for a corrupted sha-look, or that phoenix model, or even a celestial(ish) skin like Xuen's or the Crane's.

Instead I got a booger porcupine and 2 recolors :|

Dinos -- eh. I'd hoped for the pterrors, Devilsaurs I liked the old model better and Triceratops are cool, but it doesn't seem like a pet I'd click with.

All in all ho-hum for me personally.
I agree that I was slightly disappointed by the spirit beasts. Looking at the quality of some of the newer models and textures, having yet another spectral with recolours is a bit... yeah.
I would adore to see something like Loque or Skoll introduced again. They don't have to have brand new, unique models, but a different skin would be great.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Since I really don't like the BM play style now, so will be running as SV or MM, I'm fine with getting a red Direhorn.
Account has been closed at user's request.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Whoisthat wrote:I realize these rares are hard to tame, but the 10min respawn makes me feel like Spirit beasts are easy to obtain now =/
I never approved of having a pet family only composed of rares. I refused to even consider getting a SB until Ghostcrawler.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

They kinda.. scare me I dont know why lol. But I am pretty much underwhelmed by them.. everything we pretty much said we didnt want for spirit beasts: ghostly spectral version or recolors of ghostly spectral version ... we pretty much got. I may try for the red one I dont know.. its just underwhelming and way too see through. The dinos I adore though :)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I agree, I don't like that they're spectral and the red one is the best looking. I'll probably pass on them. My two favorite Spirit Beasts are still Loque and Skoll although I hate that they cheapened Skoll by making a regular version of him.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Danielfboone wrote:I hate that they cheapened Skoll by making a regular version of him.
The only reason this bothers me is because I see washed-out-Skoll *everywhere*. It makes me think that people are too lazy to go get the real one.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Remember, this is about 5.2 tamables, not old ones. ^.^

And on topic- I just realized that the blue devilsaurs, which I'm already in love with, have purple mouths. YES PLEASE.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wes1234
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Wes1234 »

Snowy wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:I hate that they cheapened Skoll by making a regular version of him.
The only reason this bothers me is because I see washed-out-Skoll *everywhere*. It makes me think that people are too lazy to go get the real one.
Or they might not care for BM spec (since they're classified as a wolf). I don't believe it's fair to judge the non-BM hunter community simply because they're using a particular pet. If I was looking for an awesome looking pet that didn't require me to be BM spec, I'd get a "washed out Skoll" in a heartbeat. It's one of the best looking wolves in the game, IMO, and the fact that many other people use it is proof of that. Please keep this in mind.

Back to the topic, I just hope that these SB porcupines aren't the only spirit beasts. I'm all for a "common" Spirit Beast so other players can get them without having to camp one of the rare ones, but it would be nice if we could also get a rare one in this patch, too, especially after having to wait 2 patches for ANY spirit beast to arrive. XUEN MODEL, PLEASE! *gets down on knees and begs* XDD
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I know that there is going to be a group that likes every pet, but are porcupines really that popular?
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Oh god... x___x I somehow totally forgot that Skoll is BM only. I assumed he was a wolf for some reason. Derp. Sorry about that.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Quivering wrote:I know that there is going to be a group that likes every pet, but are porcupines really that popular?
I know I love my porcupine, Clover. I love tiny-tanky pets! I won't be getting the porcupine SBs, though. I have a strict one pet per family rule, and I'm not willing to give up Ghostcrawler.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I'm loving the new saurians and am hoping the big-eyed raptor anklebiter will stay tameable just for how disturbing it looks. I'll be getting myself a rainbow of direhorns, because why pick one?!

... But the new spirit beasts disappoint me tremendously. Words can't express how unfond of them I am. I love porcupines, their models are cute! ... When solid. While I know and understand only two of the spirit beasts are non-transparent, I am not fond at all of any spectral models; I don't like seeing their faces from behind. Finding out that it's likely every spirit beast in this expansion, like the last one, will be spectral is ... intensely disappointing. In no way does this mean I think other people shouldn't love them, I just don't feel the same.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

if blizzard could perfect the ghostly appearance without having parts overlap when viewed from behind and such then i would be fine with the transparent look. i think the key is to use the effects camouflage uses because that makes transparent things look really nice.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Zangor wrote:if blizzard could perfect the ghostly appearance without having parts overlap when viewed from behind and such then i would be fine with the transparent look. i think the key is to use the effects camouflage uses because that makes transparent things look really nice.
Agreed, tamed but rarely used the SB cats for this reason.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I just wish Blizzard would really follow up on the whole solid spirit beast thing. Loque was and is vastly popular because of the unique, solid skin that looks quite nice (and that roar!). Skoll wasn't a unique skin but his effects and coloration were, and his solid look was nice as well. The ghostly spirits are... disappointing. Not saying they are unlikeable, they are simply, from what I see, less popular overall than the solids. Arcturis looks nice, but frankly? The solid Zombie version looks way better (imo), seen in the Karasang Wilds as undead.

Just because the family has 'spirit' in the name doesn't mean they all have to be ghosts ;)
Whoisthat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Whoisthat »

I like these rares; but they aren't a challenge. I got all of them within 1 hour =/. Degu: Cool but he moves like he has concussive w.o any debuffs. Hutia: Interrupt simple. Gumi: Run around in a circle for simple tame. So with that said, 10m respawn makes them feel un-rare. But on the bright side they look cool I suppose!
Ty Dragonaa for the perfect sig.
Mïkey - Ghostlands US