Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

Unread post by Slickrock »

Equeon wrote:
Slickrock wrote:As a community I think we can give better less emotional feedback to Blizz to get our wishes across. The emotional responses don't add well to the discussion. It also can limit the usefulness of these forums to new hunters.
I don't see a lot of people being overly "emotional" about it. So far, no one in this thread has posted
BWAAHHH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE HYDRAS BLIZZ??!! WHY??!!! :cry: :cry:
If emotional to you means being thoughtful and wishing for something, then yes: I and many others are guilty of that. We, at least the ones in this thread, are not crying and begging, just asking/wondering why we can't tame certain beasts.
This is also a rant/rave/thought thread in a forum about hunter pets. If this was the official WoW forum I would completely understand the last point of yours. But I don't know why a new hunter would be limited if he or she decided to peruse such a thread. If our deepest pet wishes can't be posted here, in a conversation about an upcoming patch, where do they belong?
I think the tabuk attack animations might need to be a bit more compelling as a pet, but that might just be me, then again, the most we see of many pet attacks is a tail wag. :?

Regarding your second point, you pointed out a prime example. Imagine a raiding hunter visiting the site for news on the new pets and seeing that?

And to the point also, this is a rant/rave thread on the new tameables, but has devolved into a rant/rave on untameables.... ;)
Account has been closed at user's request.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Slickrock wrote:Imagine a raiding hunter visiting the site for news on the new pets and seeing that?
I used to worry about raiding hunters' opinions--it kept me up at night. ;)
Slickrock

GormanGhaste wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Imagine a raiding hunter visiting the site for news on the new pets and seeing that?
I used to worry about raiding hunters' opinions--it kept me up at night. ;)
I'll give you that, this is one of the few WoW forums where raiding is frowned upon. ;)

That's why I generally recommend that raiders not touch the forums. RP only need apply? :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Slickrock wrote:I'll give you that, this is one of the few WoW forums where raiding is frowned upon. ;)
That's rather a load of garbage. These forums are - ideally - open to ALL hunters, be they RPers, PvPers, casuals, or whatever other categorization of hunter. Intolerance between the groups is restricted to individuals (who quite frankly should take their bad attitudes elsewhere).

At any rate, this has NOTHING to do with the subject, so please get back to ranting and raving over the designated topics. Such as the baby raptors, who looked rather horrific blown up, but who I can't help but miss as tameable a little bit, now that the previously tamed ones are tiny and cute and proportional. Sigh!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Slickrock wrote:I'll give you that, this is one of the few WoW forums where raiding is frowned upon. ;)
That's rather a load of garbage. These forums are - ideally - open to ALL hunters, be they RPers, PvPers, casuals, or whatever other categorization of hunter. Intolerance between the groups is restricted to individuals (who quite frankly should take their bad attitudes elsewhere).

At any rate, this has NOTHING to do with the subject, so please get back to ranting and raving over the designated topics. Such as the baby raptors, who looked rather horrific blown up, but who I can't help but miss as tameable a little bit, now that the previously tamed ones are tiny and cute and proportional. Sigh!
Agreed 100% on both subjects. I kinda thought the baby one wouldn't last but I know some liked it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:
I thought he was being deliberately silly, but maybe I misjudged. Either way, please keep it calm :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:I thought he was being deliberately silly, but maybe I misjudged. Either way, please keep it calm :)
If that's the case, then I apologize! Hard to tell around here sometimes. :)

YouTube Edition

Slickrock

Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:I thought he was being deliberately silly, but maybe I misjudged. Either way, please keep it calm :)
If that's the case, then I apologize! Hard to tell around here sometimes. :)
Well, I was being snarky... :ugeek:

That said, my real disappointment with the direhorns is that their talent is rather offbeat, and isn't something that is worth bringing to a raid, especially for 10 mans, unless all the buffs are already covered. Unless we come across some caster add on fights that needs to be off-tanked, I don't see them bringing anything to the table.

WTB more raid relevant utility from pets.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

...I was just trying to be silly, too. Now I'm worried people think I hate raiders. If anything, I was just trying to say no hunter should be held above any other.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I love the Dire horn's ability! I love the cool-looking animation for it too. Awesome that it can be useful to players too. I can't wait to use it in raids.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Slickrock

Protego wrote:I love the Dire horn's ability! I love the cool-looking animation for it too. Awesome that it can be useful to players too. I can't wait to use it in raids.
?

From my understanding, it only shields the pet, or has it been tested to create a block for those behind the pet?
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I've heard comments, on WoW Head, leading me to believe that it affects others....
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I figured I'd put my small bit of a rant here:

I've noticed that Wain put up a Bestiary as of late that lists a couple of new armored raptors roaming around, yet they're not available for taming like the others from the troll area in Kun-Lai. I don't understand why these new ones aren't tameable as well unless the first set were just accidental or a test to see how popular they are.

Argh.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Kalliope

They were just added; it might be a temporary flag.

YouTube Edition

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Orly? *Insert small glimmer of hope* I've actually only derped around on the PTR around the Isle of Giants and not stepped foot on the actual Isle of Thunder so I had no idea that they were added only recently!

Thank you for that bit of info and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get flagged tameable before live.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Kalliope

Thwip wrote:Orly? *Insert small glimmer of hope* I've actually only derped around on the PTR around the Isle of Giants and not stepped foot on the actual Isle of Thunder so I had no idea that they were added only recently!

Thank you for that bit of info and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get flagged tameable before live.
Well, some were just added, anyway - there's still possibly time, at any rate! The Isle of Thunder's undergone a bunch of revisions in the latest builds, so anything's possible.

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:
Thwip wrote:Orly? *Insert small glimmer of hope* I've actually only derped around on the PTR around the Isle of Giants and not stepped foot on the actual Isle of Thunder so I had no idea that they were added only recently!
Well, some were just added, anyway - there's still possibly time, at any rate! The Isle of Thunder's undergone a bunch of revisions in the latest builds, so anything's possible.
Yeah, since last build a few things were made tameable that weren't. And other things were fixed that were set as humanoids and stuff. It's still a work in progress :)

It's easy to assume that everything is set a certain way because it's intended, and then wonder why they intended it that way. On the PTR, especially, this often isn't true. They set up things on the island quickly to get the framework in, and then gradually refine it / clean up. Often beasts can be set wrongly because they seem to have been copied from other NPCs and have inherited some unexpected weirdnesses, which is where testing comes in :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Note: They reduced the size of the Pterowing Dire beasts.