Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

Unread post by Kurasu »

Just putting this out there before poor Kalli's thread gets any more cluttered up! Keep your comments and such to here if at all possible, and leave her thread primarily for general information, please. :) It will make it easier for people keeping track!

As with the other one, no. I'm not some 'comment-cop' who hates seeing people gab and rattle. In fact, that's why I want to give it a thread to go to: so it's easier to find all the chatter, too!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Rants/Raves/Thoughts On 5.2 Tameables

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I am a major fan of dinosaurs, loved them since I was little. That being said, T-rex and Trike are probably the most famous in terms of popular Dinosaur culture (before Spino came in) and having them both as pets to battle alongside me? it's a dream come true.

Two things have been on my mind though.

first off, we all know trolls have some sort of bond with animals, sure. But all I know is the trolls having a good bond with Raptors. I was never aware they had close connections with many other types of dinosaur. That being said, they seem to be the prime military force for trolls. Obviously we'll have a troll or two with mastery over them. (Hello ZA bosses)

The second thing is, this entire concept has me very surprised. I mean, I didn't exactly dig in to the Pandaria lore scrolls and all that, but where did it mention any sort of clue Dinosaurs existed nearby? Though I remember the whole "lost world covered in mists" excuse with certain dino films. ( so for the people complaining about the asian theme. We haz dinosaurs. So deal with it)
That being said, I'm very excited for what they do with this.

Have I said dinosaur too much? think I need another couch to pass out on.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I don't like the non-organic Triceratops models. And I'm not liking the big nostrils on the new Devilsaurs.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

I'm extremely hyped for all the new "dinosaur" models we are getting this patch! Always been a huge dinosaur fan as well as a devilsaur fan so all this content tickles my fancy! :D

Here's to hoping that the new blue devilsaur is a tameable beast! I've always secretly wished there was a blue devilsaur as blue is my favourite colour and devilsaur my favourite hunter beast in game. (I never properly bonded with any of the current devilsaurs regardless the fact that I really want to, but the colours just didn't click with me personally.)

The colours for the Dire Horns (so far) are amazing as well. I'll have the most lovely horrible time deciding which I'll pick.

So excited! A patch full of trolls and dinosaurs, my two favourite things in WoW! Arghdkfhgjghsdf! :D
azurelith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage(alliance)/ Bronzebeard(horde)

Unread post by azurelith »

I am excited about the direhorns. I actually can not think of anything that I do not like about them except that I wish there was a grey organic skin.

The new devilsaurs though... there is just something about the shape of that head that reminds me of an arabian horse. No offense to arabian horses but... I much prefer the head shape of the old model to this one. That said, I will most likely be taming a brown one for my Greymon.

ImageImage

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, yeah I'm with you on the snout shape. It looks broken to me, or like they ran into a wall nose first. I love the new scale details and the bodies in general, but I'm not a fan of the heads at all on the new devilsaurs. I much prefer the Vanilla ones.

I'm still really glad to see them added though. :)

I've got my eye on the red dire horn, but I'd be happy with any of the colours, their models are amazing and I adore them.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Azurelith I think got my thought on the new model right...I don't like them much either, head-wise. I also don't like how the mouth is shape, it's jaw, to me, looks weaker than the older ones.

The dire horns tho, look awesome. The organic ones are really nice, not a big fan of the stone ones tho. The thing that throws me off is them not being exotic. They scream exotic to me, so it'll just seems weird seeing non-BMs with them. My biggest complaint about them tho, is that they're too small when tamed. They look tiny next to a human, I'm worried about how tiny they will be next to my male draenei.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm happy they are not exotic then I can have one <3
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I love the new Direhorns, but am on the fence about the devilsuars......and then there's that horrible porcupine.... It needs to not exist or at least have the decency to wear a bag over its head. Sooo creepy. I'm hoping the flying raptors...or whatever they are will be tameable. So cool looking.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

azurelith wrote:I am excited about the direhorns. I actually can not think of anything that I do not like about them except that I wish there was a grey organic skin.

The new devilsaurs though... there is just something about the shape of that head that reminds me of an arabian horse. No offense to arabian horses but... I much prefer the head shape of the old model to this one. That said, I will most likely be taming a brown one for my Greymon.

ImageImage
I actually like this because Arabian's are my favorite breed of horse. I was wondering why these models appealed so much more to me than the older ones. Thanks for helping that thought process along! :lol:

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm very very excited indeed, though I have to admit I too am on the fence about the devilsaurs. Their arms look funny to me, I'll have to see them in-game. I'm also hoping they have shiny scales like the vanilla ones, because that shine has always really appealed to me and I'd hate it if these ones had dull scales.

Totally hate the porcupine but oh well, I've never like "transparent blue with glitter" spirit beasts. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Guess I need to update that Devilsuar baby drawing I did XD Oh bother....
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

*crosses fingers* please increase dire horn size please increase dire horn size please increase dire horn size...

The thing that bothers me most with the new devilsaurs is their tongue. XD It really irks me how thin it gets toward the back, like it's just barely hanging on there. :P But other than that it's pretty cool. The face is a tad odd but I'm gad these guys are here. The devilsaur family needed more variation and it got it! :D And hey, I'll definitely tame a few on some characters. ^^

Attachments
tongue.png
tongue.png (281.63 KiB) Viewed 3406 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah, that bothers me too, Mia. It's a shame, but I doubt it'll get changed.

Anyone else hoping that next big build brings more animal models? I am actually surprised that Blizzard hasn't used this opportunity to make a new snake model yet.

But man, it really would be cool if there were a few more dinosaur models. I've seen something about compies?

But I still hope the pterodactyls will be tameable. They're just way too awesome and the one issue with them can be fixed easily. (implementing an ability that allows you to switch your pet between a flying and walking animation with no other difference than that.)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Qraljar wrote:

But I still hope the pterodactyls will be tameable. They're just way too awesome and the one issue with them can be fixed easily. (implementing an ability that allows you to switch your pet between a flying and walking animation with no other difference than that.)

huh? are you talking about the old ones in ungoro that are basically dino-bats or the new mount ones
ImageImage
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I would like both to be tameable, but I was talking about the new 5.2 ones. The old ones are called Pterrordaxes while the new ones are apparently just called Pterodactyls. Plus, the latter is the only one with a flying and ground animation while the former has only the flying animation. x) (bat skeleton)

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would kill for the new Zandalari pterodactyls to be tameable, they're the most gorgeous models I've seen in ages. I wouldn't care if they were stuck in a permanently flying status like a bat. Hell, I'd even take them grounded. I just want one.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

kj5mbwnidoawndjaokjead

In some walkthrough of the island, I saw two things:

1) Armored Devilsaurs that aren't bosses.

and

2) Trolls on Razzashi Raptor Mounts.

Needless to say; GIEF.

Plsplspls Mistah Blizzard.

Please please please!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh dear *GOD*. I just got a better look at the pictures of that new t-rex. *looks at his King Krush* I... I... I JUST DON'T KNOW! They're so amazing! MEWANTZ! But... Krush! So many memories! Dammit, Blizzard!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kurasu wrote:Oh dear *GOD*. I just got a better look at the pictures of that new t-rex. *looks at his King Krush* I... I... I JUST DON'T KNOW! They're so amazing! MEWANTZ! But... Krush! So many memories! Dammit, Blizzard!
Yupppppp.

I'm damned lucky I'm not a huge fan of the olive or I'd be in trouble. For a minute there, I had thought I was anyway.

Of course, I haven't seen it in person....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!