WoW - Patch 5.2 | Thunder King Cinematic = (Spoilers)

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Alauran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Alauran »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJYstNPkFg
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Re: WoW - Patch 5.2 | Thunder King Cinematic = (Spoilers)

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Sir, you're under arrest for not being able to type sentences in response to other people doing things such as responding to your posts that only have a link to a video of some sort.

Anything that you don't say will be used against you in the court of law.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

While some of the links might be handy, I'd appreciate it if you did more than spam links in any of the sections. :( Forum means talking!
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Is it a link to the patch cinematic or a cinematic that you would end up seeing while you quest?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Meggers wrote:While some of the links might be handy, I'd appreciate it if you did more than spam links in any of the sections. :( Forum means talking!
Indeed - the "post a link and let others talk" sort of thing goes more for places like Reddit. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Meggers wrote:While some of the links might be handy, I'd appreciate it if you did more than spam links in any of the sections. :( Forum means talking!
Indeed - the "post a link and let others talk" sort of thing goes more for places like Reddit. :)
^ This. It's starting to become a bit of a nuisance than helpful information. Makes a lot of us feel you're just posting for views.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

it feels like you are too similar to the annoying people who register on the forum and post a span thread about clothing or something like that. if you have any input on these include it if not then please leave it for somewhere else!
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I think I'm going to start insta-disliking these vids from now on. We're just a source of views for his rather unimaginative and creationless* youtube channel.

*No actual content created by him, just videos of WoW cinematics. Boooooooring.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Soon, he will regret ever having posted here! Mwahaha!

But seriously, you don't even post things specifically related to hunter pets. Coming from anyone else, a raid cinematic or news update is fine, but if you're gonna advertise your channel, why not post a video about Dire Horns... or something?

Come to think of it, don't advertise your channel any more, please. If you can't take the time to type up a greeting and a paragraph description, then we can't take the time to prevent our fingers from clicking "dislike" instead of "like." Whoops! :twisted:
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Don't you feel like you're being a little too hard on him? I mean sure, he's getting views. But it's still patch 5.2 content, right? If it was just spam videos that have no relation I'd understand, but this isn't the case.

On topic, the scene looked interesting. Can't wait to bash his ignorant head in once I raid the place.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

PorrasouxRex wrote:Don't you feel like you're being a little too hard on him? I mean sure, he's getting views. But it's still patch 5.2 content, right? If it was just spam videos that have no relation I'd understand, but this isn't the case.

On topic, the scene looked interesting. Can't wait to bash his ignorant head in once I raid the place.
He could at least say a few lines about it. Put some effort into it.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

In fairness to those complaining, he's also been posting non-WoW videos (in the correct forums, to his credit), but still without any sort of discussion.

I can't imagine he's drawing that many views from the Petopia forums anyway. This is a place for discussion and sharing of information rather than a place to pick up free views.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Kalliope wrote:In fairness to those complaining, he's also been posting non-WoW videos (in the correct forums, to his credit), but still without any sort of discussion.

I can't imagine he's drawing that many views from the Petopia forums anyway. This is a place for discussion and sharing of information rather than a place to pick up free views.
I once suggested he put all his videos in on thread so it does not spam up the place. I think that would fix things.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

PorrasouxRex wrote:Don't you feel like you're being a little too hard on him? I mean sure, he's getting views. But it's still patch 5.2 content, right? If it was just spam videos that have no relation I'd understand, but this isn't the case.

Profile -> View posts

Just do it.
ImageImage
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Instead of posting to him in a forum that he is not likely to respond to, bring it up with Mania and ask her to ban him as a member or message him about what he is doing and ask him to post his videos in ones spot alone? Perhaps?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This has actually been discussed with Mania recently.

I haven't banned Alauran because he's done nothing against the rules. His videos are gamed-related. They may be useful to some people., and he posts his other game videos in the other games forum. And, most importantly, he's not advertising any sellable product or a competing site. If he somehow is, I'll treat it differently.

As far as I can tell people are getting worked up, even starting to take it very personally, simply because he won't talk to them. It may not be standard forum etiquette, but it's not against the rules, nor is it harming anyone. For now, if his threads are not to your taste, please just ignore them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wain wrote:This has actually been discussed with Mania recently.

I haven't banned Alauran because he's done nothing against the rules. His videos are gamed-related. They may be useful to some people., and he posts his other game videos in the other games forum. And, most importantly, he's not advertising any sellable product or a competing site. If he somehow is, I'll treat it differently.

As far as I can tell people are getting worked up, even starting to take it very personally, simply because he won't talk to them. It may not be standard forum etiquette, but it's not against the rules, nor is it harming anyone. For now, if his threads are not to your taste, please just ignore them.

I still think he should make one thread for all of it. It worked for things like the pet greifing threads. I mean like his LoL ones he posts. It's just a suggestion I know but I think it's a good one.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd say in a way, it does harm the forum. It makes it look like anyone from youtube can come here and post any video they make, for WoW or otherwise, just for views. I really implore Mania to make a rule that if you wanna post your youtube vids from your channel, you actually need to talk on the forums.

Also Kalli, I've had to report his non-wow vids multiple times cause they weren't in the right places. ;) So credit nothin...

Either way, he's posting like a bot at this point. It's becoming rude and a good handful of members are showing displeasure that he's using us as a proxy to get views. It's not really on a personal level so much as defending the forums from youtube moochers.

I do like cow's idea if Mania won't make a rule about stuff like this. Kalli keeps all her Wild Things vids in one spot. Why should Alauran be any different?

LisaaraPokefarm

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If you punished him, them all MMO-Champion videos would have to be made unlinkable, as it's doing nothing but advertising their channel, by your logic. Hell, even Kalliope's WTWTA videos would have to be removed.

As Wain said, if you don't like his videos, don't watch them. They are informative for people. I hadn't seen this cinematic yet.

Just because they're not hunter-specific doesn't mean they aren't informative. Yes, petopia is a hunter forum, but more importantly, it's a world of warcraft hunter forum, key words there, world of warcraft.

If he posts a video in the wrong place, report it, simple as that. If it gets out of hand, Wain and Mania will deal with it.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myzou wrote:If you punished him, them all MMO-Champion videos would have to be made unlinkable, as it's doing nothing but advertising their channel, by your logic. Hell, even Kalliope's WTWTA videos would have to be removed.

As Wain said, if you don't like his videos, don't watch them. They are informative for people. I hadn't seen this cinematic yet.

Just because they're not hunter-specific doesn't mean they aren't informative. Yes, petopia is a hunter forum, but more importantly, it's a world of warcraft hunter forum, key words there, world of warcraft.

If he posts a video in the wrong place, report it, simple as that. If it gets out of hand, Wain and Mania will deal with it.
That's not true and furthest from what was said at all.

People who post links to MMO Champion videos actually talk in the topic and that's not even their videos. That's completely different from what Alauran is doing. Alauran is posting HIS stuff from HIS channel and not saying anything at all, even when creating the topics. Kalli talks in her WTWTA video convo links too(hell she even talks to people who comment on the videos too. Alauran doesn't even do that).

It's got nothing to do with 'hunter specific'. That wasn't even brought up. It's the fact he's just using Petopia as a proxy that's causing discomfort and annoyance amongst members. The forum isn't supposed to be some youtube proxy to get views, regardless of what the video may be. This video right here wasn't very informative. Sure...shows a cinematic. No where in the topic does he talk about where it's from, how it's triggered, what events lead into this, etc.

I don't think anyone would mind his videos so much if he actually did something besides throw a link up and walk away. I've seen several comments on his channel(before he deleted them) of people showing discontent for him posting his vids(likely Petopia and other forums) without so much as saying a word.

With that in mind, I really hope Mania reads this topic and hears out the members to decide what to do about this.

LisaaraPokefarm