Couple tames so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
iggy

Re: Couple tames so far...

Unread post by iggy »

Sorry, but the same skin in different colors is just lame.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I hope the Porcupine Spirit Beasts keep their size! I do not like how small the current Porcupines are. And I don't like how cartoony that "new" red raptor looks.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I think a lot of us are split down the middle on the spirit beasts here. Popular opinion on live right now is how lame they are and how we need more like loque & skoll. I'm of that opinion too but the new Dino's make up for it.

That pretty blue dragon turtle is nice too. I want one but need to decide if I really have room. I'm swapping king Krush out for the new blue model, gotta get a dire horn, and now there's the turtle. But I'm not sure. Terrorpene is still a favorite but I do like blue/purple. Decisions decisions.
Enikka & Gara.
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Figured I'd Share this here
I was working on doing a quick video and when I used Dire Beast on the Island I summoned a Direhorn there XD Which utterly Shocked me due to it's Size LOL
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Drakkena wrote:Figured I'd Share this here
I was working on doing a quick video and when I used Dire Beast on the Island I summoned a Direhorn there XD Which utterly Shocked me due to it's Size LOL
This should be in its own thread! :lol: That's awesome!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Kalliope wrote:
Drakkena wrote:Figured I'd Share this here
This should be in its own thread! :lol: That's awesome!
I wasn't sure if it should be in it's own Thread or not which is why I posted it here XD I can make one however :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Lovely tames, I hadn't read confirmation on some of those colors yet so glad I stopped in here.

I have to say.... I've tamed every one of the spirit beasts in game at least twice across my various hunters. I also know all the tricks and spawn points, times and what not for each. I have tamed each spirit beast on my main and used it for a good while before I had to empty it's stable slot for something with a skill I needed. When that happened I'd get on one of my other hunters and retame the SB I just let go. I can honestly say I am not going to bother with the porcupines, at least not for what I have seen so far. The normal porcupine is not a fave of mine, I got rid of him after a few days. These do not inspire any desire to tame them. Maybe it is because the model looks a bit underdone compared to what they could have done.

SB crane? Yes please. I'll be fine with waiting till they come out with the next SB to tame another.

But it is good for the people that want variety, and they are not yet another blasted cat SB, so this is a nice direction. Just not anything that I find myself having to have.

That turtle however.... My Bloodtooth, Gilgamesh, might end up getting a reskin, lol. Those guys are lovely!
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

That dire beast is awesome, Was huge I bet it will get scaled down though before it hits live.

Also seem the blue Spirit Beast is being a pain everytime I try and take it and start to kite it the game crashes... I will get a pic of it up whenever it stops doing that. I do agree these seem underdone I saved a stable spot for a SB for this patch but I have a porcupine already so I will let it go and now just need to free up one more space...

The Turtle is awesome I know I will use that skin instead.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Honestly, I think the new Dragon Turtle would make a good spirit beast, just slap a nice aura on it.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

GormanGhaste wrote:Honestly, I think the new Dragon Turtle would make a good spirit beast, just slap a nice aura on it.
Nah, need the boss skin for that... :D
Account has been closed at user's request.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Now the blue one finally since server stopped messing up on me :

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_011213_170557.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011213_170557.jpg (150.33 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011213_170709.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011213_170709.jpg (368.08 KiB) Viewed 3505 times

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Direhorn manual dropped below are the tames..

White

Blue

Brown

Green

Red
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_011313_022243.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011313_022243.jpg (512.02 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011313_022423.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011313_022423.jpg (500.76 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011313_022511.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011313_022511.jpg (285.49 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011313_022613.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011313_022613.jpg (541.59 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011313_022030.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011313_022030.jpg (271.64 KiB) Viewed 3505 times

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Mindsprocket wrote:Yeah, I also would've liked to get another solid spirit beast. Though I like that the new ones aren't cats and most of all that we get a red one. First spirit beast that isn't blue or green. I consider that progress. ;)
Gondria would like to have a word with you. :P ;)

I'm definitely not a fan of the new spirit beasts. I'm dying for something corporeal and I feel like these porcupines look like they're half arsed or something. Not my personal tastes to be sure (though yay for a red color), but I am glad some others out there will be happy with them. Also a little disappointing that they're all the same type of animal, with basically the same type of challenge, just different colors--feels a little rushed considering they pushed these back a patch.

On the bright side, tons of other neat hunter goodies. I'm in love with all the new dinos (except that raptor; the baby skin on the regular model just looks creepy, imo). And those blue and silver turtles are gorgeous. <3

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I find it refreshing that finally we get a RED spirit beast instead of the common blue/purple or green ones.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm definitely not a fan of the new spirit beasts. I'm dying for something corporeal and I feel like these porcupines look like they're half arsed or something. Not my personal tastes to be sure (though yay for a red color), but I am glad some others out there will be happy with them. Also a little disappointing that they're all the same type of animal, with basically the same type of challenge, just different colors--feels a little rushed considering they pushed these back a patch.
That is about how I feel. The new devilsaur and the new trikes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO well done, in detailing and coloring, the new spirit beasts are just.... They make me remember that the porcupine was not intended as a pet originally and was just supposed to be some of the local fauna. Compared to the detailing put into the other new skins this patch or previous patches of MoP-cranes, quilen etc, its just I was hoping for a little more.

Makes me wonder what spirit beast options they were going to do originally, before the porcupines were actually made into a pet group, if there were any options before hand.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Shade wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm definitely not a fan of the new spirit beasts. I'm dying for something corporeal and I feel like these porcupines look like they're half arsed or something. Not my personal tastes to be sure (though yay for a red color), but I am glad some others out there will be happy with them. Also a little disappointing that they're all the same type of animal, with basically the same type of challenge, just different colors--feels a little rushed considering they pushed these back a patch.
That is about how I feel. The new devilsaur and the new trikes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO well done, in detailing and coloring, the new spirit beasts are just.... They make me remember that the porcupine was not intended as a pet originally and was just supposed to be some of the local fauna. Compared to the detailing put into the other new skins this patch or previous patches of MoP-cranes, quilen etc, its just I was hoping for a little more.

Makes me wonder what spirit beast options they were going to do originally, before the porcupines were actually made into a pet group, if there were any options before hand.
Fair point, the popular push for the porcs may have changed their plans... To bad we didn't get a Yak then.
Account has been closed at user's request.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Ok...the new turtle skins (I love the ones with the tail fins) are beautiful! So far I think they gave use ALOT of neat critters this expantion with each patch. I am not fond of the porcipines BUT I know many are and they are rather neat...and to have three colors is kind of a neat thing to do so that way people can get a color that they really like. ((Would LOVE to see a Skoll in red!)) But I am seriously lovin all the new critters...just need more stable space...LMAO...yes..more stable space please?
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Christmas colors.. When you pop stampede its funny. I am really glad Direhorns are not BM Exclusive. I do wonder how well their special ability will work.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

...What's wrong with a green spirit beast? It's not like green is overdone, there's ONE green one. One. Uno. No more. At least until the patch drops, and then there will be...only two! Hutia and Ban'thalos.

People hacking on blue I can get, even if I don't agree (love blue, more blue glowy pets please), but hacking on green and purple is just silly. On live there's a whole one example of each.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Some of the direhorns got changed in color here are the updates.

You can see original post for what they looked like only the green got a stripe color change, The blue was made darker. The others seemed a little darker but couldn't really tell.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_011613_235000.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011613_235000.jpg (477.15 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
WoWScrnShot_011613_234738.jpg
WoWScrnShot_011613_234738.jpg (289.5 KiB) Viewed 3505 times