Your Personal Stable Cleaning for 5.2?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Your Personal Stable Cleaning for 5.2?

Unread post by Maizou »

Anyone else sad at the amount of pets that they have attachments to they have to release in order to tame some of the new things on the PTR?

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware I don't HAVE to tame them, but the entire purpose of hunters is to tame pets that you like.

I like way too many of the new pets on the PTR so far. I have zero slots left. I'm honestly scared to figure out which pets that I've grown attached to over the years I have to get rid of.

So, I ask you: Are you excited for all the new pets, or are you like me, sad that you have to get rid of pets you've grown attached to just to get the new pets? And no, I may not need the spirit beasts anymore, but I spent TIME and DEDICATION to tame them. Those are the pets I will never abandon. Period. They're all unique, and to me, even if I'm not beast mastery main, they're my most special pets.

And if you're the former, with a full stable, which pets do you intend to replace?

For me:

King Krush -> Pink or Blue Devilsaur.
Aotona -> Direhorn eventually.
Rockhide -> Red Spirit Porcupine
My Blue Water Strider Bestie from 85-90 ._. -> Blue Spirit Porcupine
Karken -> Green Spirit Porcupine
THis would leave me with:

Bombyx, Acroniss, Purple Portent, Patrannache, Chomaggus, Amber Parasite, Terrorpene, Sambas, Stompy, Deth'tilac, Gorishi Grub and the Spirit Beasts.

And honestly, just thinking about this depresses me. Sure, I don't really like Terrorpene or Karkin anymore, and Sambas was a spur of the moment decision, but there's still memories with them that are the reason I kept them.

I'm severely hoping Ghostcrawler changes his mind and gives us more stable slots for 5.2. ._.
Last edited by Maizou on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Re: Your Personal Stable Cleaning for 5.2?

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I've been lucky enough to have free space this xpac. I have 3 open slots, and of the new pets bein introduced, the green dire horn is the one who calls to me lost. That'll leave me with 2 open slots for the future.

Guess I've done pretty well at keeping my pet hoarding to a minimum. :-p
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Some time ago I sat at my stable and thought which pets I never really bonded with. I didn't abandon them, but I'm ready to let go of some stuff, like some random serpent I tamed on a fancy. My newer hunter still has many free stable slots, most likely enough for the pets I do want to tame in 5.2.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

my special crabs such as my ghostcrawler and karkin for the Devilsaurs.
my Ban'thalos for a Direhorn.
green portent for the red porqupine if porcupine spirit beasts is all that they are giving us.
rockhide probaly for what ever else is rare and peaks my intrest.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I have yet to max my stables so none for me so far.
ImageImage
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I will probably trade my Goat for a Direhorn. Haven't decided whether I'll replace my current Devilsaur with one of the new ones, hard to choose.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I did a cleaning recently with the stable rename.

but Ironhide - New Black Devilsaur
Foom - New Green Devilsaur
Direhorn

Dunno what else...

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

This was me not that long ago! My stables have been full since I could fill it and it's hard for me to stick with some pets and some pets are always color changing, but in the end there is a set that I just can't let go of.

-Nibbles is my oldest and most loved pet. He's been with me since I could tame him at 63 back before the talent tree changes.
-With Krush [Krusha] I had to watch him die to achievement seekers three times before he decided it was my turn.
-Sambas [Julius] stays because I fought hard through griefing for!
-The four Original Spirit Beasts [Coldsnap, Victor, Sloth, and Blair] stay because I was SO PROUD of myself for getting them all, back when there were only four. I spent MANY hours and dealt with much griefing to get my babies and they aren't going anywhere.
-I'm very torn over Banny [Aristotle]. I was the first on Horde-side Elune to tame the green beasty.
-Hyndla is my oil stained wolf from back when the pet abandon macro worked. xD
-Bandersnatch is a color changing wasp from ZG! Tamed before the no-coloring changing tames went into effect. He will forever be with me!
-Deth'Tilac [Cyanide] was an AMAZING tame and happened way before I thought I was ready for it. It's a very long story for another time. :)
-Last, but not least is my lovely Chromaggus [Argos]. Group of friends going for a tame, what's better? Sadly, a good portion of those people don't play anymore, tis why he stays. :<

I still have a little under half stable that is always ever changing, but every time it comes up for a cleaning, it's always, always difficult. It was hard just to get my number to THOSE that don't leave. I had every SB at one point and realized one day that it was just a little TOO much. I'm all for SBs, but getting them all leaves you with very little space!
Last edited by Thwip on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I cleaned prior to MoP so I've got 3 spots right now. I have a few too many cats though so sambas & humar can go if need be. Humar never comes out anyway. He was just my first rare so there's an attachment there.

I've got a 2nd hunter to 86 though. So if need be I'll just just collecting there too.
Enikka & Gara.
Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

My Krush is moving on my alt Horde hunter, with much regret, in order to get the a new devilsaur.

I'll sadly have to abandon my fox since my sporebat can slow enemy casting AND give the spellhaste aura, i'll get one of those awesome direhorns in his slot.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I actually had a free stable slot funny enough and had been waiting for the perfect pet to fill it with! Thank yooouuuu direhorns! <3

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I will tame one of the new devilsaurs, and a triceratops, but unless the spirit devilsaur becomes available, and the raptor bird becomes available, I'll only need two slots. Not going to tame a another spirit beast that I'd never use.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I was fine until I accidentally bonded with Degu.

Sigh. He's a red porcupine; of course I did. Thanks, Calydonian, for corrupting me forever.

Now I have to do some more shuffling on Kallimon to find a place for Degu (who will likely keep his name, as it sounds trollish, though I haven't ruled out a themed one either). It's probably not a big deal in that I'll just have to make someone a minipet, but it's room I wasn't expecting to have to find after Kalliope already sorted out the whole dire horn thing...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've got a little bit of shuffling to do so I can tame my red dire horn (I'm leaning heavily on naming him Turisas, but haven't decided quite yet), but overall I'm fine. I like 25 slots and I like having to make decisions. My pets get a good rotation due to it, I wouldn't want any more. :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I may release Glimmer or Hexapos to get a blue Direhorn. Either one of them or my Fox named Reynard or my Snake named MontePython. The only Porcupine I like even a little is the red one and I may go after it.

I'm also really liking the blue Devilsaurs so I may wind up with two or my Ironhide Gojira will change colors.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I have recently cleared out my stables, so I should have enough space for all the acquisitions.
I also didn't expect to have a spirit porcupine...until I saw the red. Now, my poor dwarf simply has to fit it in there somewhere.

On Eadgyth, I am changing the black devilsaur to the new black model, and taming the red dire horn. As well as that pesky red porcupine. This will bring her stables to 25. If the stone dire horns are tameable, she would get the blue and hand the red dire horn over to Mozag, however.

Lazuli will be getting the green dire horn, and has a space free in case I fall irreparably in love with the anklebiters (if they are tameable on live), or should the green stone dire horn become available.

Lindorindel will get the white dire horn and is eyeing the grey stone one with some hopes.

Lomelinda is getting the blue dire horn and the blue devilsaur, bringing her stables to 25.

And finally, Mozag will get the brown dire horn (or red, if stone skins are available for Eadgyth), but is unlikely to touch any of the devilsaurs. Unless the pink one ends up in her stables, of course... :?
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

Just checked myself on the WoW armory and it says I have 5 spaces left so I guess I'm good.

But I would still like to clean out two portent colors, red and purple because I don't really fancy them and since I'm almost never BM I never actually use them.

My OCD however is making it near impossible for me to let go though which is not cool!
If I had a bond I'd understand but I don't so it's annoying...
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Depending on the results of some dps testing with my rotation macros after the patch, I might clear out a few SBs that I really never use...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Nope. I keep seven or so slots open at all times.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I have plenty of stable slots left over on Daphine, but I may do some switching about anyway. I suspect that I'll be swapping my Rockhide out for a Direhorn- as much as he's a cute pet, he never really got a name or personality, so I feel kind of bad keeping him around. A shiny new blue devilsaur will most likely take up one of my free slots. Lastly, if the feathery raptors become tamable, I'll probably "molt" Genghis, my current raptor. The derpy expression of the feathery ones really matches the personality he has.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!