How to get your Direhorn!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: How to get your Direhorn!

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Really wish they'd increase the size, as it's going to look really small compared to my tauren..
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Azivalla
Realm: Spinebreaker

Unread post by Azivalla »

rexbox wrote:aww you called the brown one sarah... land before time reference!
Am I the only one who remembers her name is Cera?
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Azivalla wrote:
Am I the only one who remembers her name is Cera?
Still pronounced the same and a lot of us were children when seeing that movie last so it's an easy thing to forget/not know. :)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Well, Cera and Sarah are pronounced slightly different, but it's almost impossible to hear, and accents are accents.
Although, Cera would be pronounced like Tri"cera"tops, and Sarah has kind of a more "ah" sound to it. So it's really an ah vs eh, but it's still somewhat hard to hear the difference. I only knew her name was I was older and could read the backs of the boxes x.x

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

That orange dire horn sure gets all the references. Cera, Tricky... and the color scheme is probably ALSO closest to Ankylomon too. :3 Maybe also the white one there though...
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Neilaren wrote:That orange dire horn sure gets all the references. Cera, Tricky... and the color scheme is probably ALSO closest to Ankylomon too. :3 Maybe also the white one there though...
And Tootsie!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Cera* as pointed out.x D But as a kid, I did think it was Sarah too, didn't realize this til like a year ago.

As in, TriCERAtops. :P

And nice to know it's not a raid drop... just wish it's not a horrendous drop. I HATE that they made it a random drop though. :S Means you can kill a million of them and it could potentially not drop.

I haven't decided if I'll go for the blue or red one first, but I do know either way, it's being named Cera.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Yeah but let's not forget that blue one can be called Trixie!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Or you could call it Woog. He's in the bottom right corner.

( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Azivalla

I am not entirely comfortable of this drop being so...skittish. I've killed my fair share of Dinomancers. I'll keep doing so until I get it. I'm just...really uncomfortable fighting RNG for a pet.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

OMG, my childhood feels! ;A; Now I have to get a blue one and name it Woog, I blame you, Jang.

I also have to agree that I ended up slumping in my chair a bit when I read this topic. :/ It wouldn't surprise me if these also showed up on the BMAH now, since it looks like the Bloodsoaked Invite kinda deal. Still, I'll be out there patch day farming like everyone else here. [After I get my new blue Devil.] :p

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Azivalla wrote:I am not entirely comfortable of this drop being so...skittish. I've killed my fair share of Dinomancers. I'll keep doing so until I get it. I'm just...really uncomfortable fighting RNG for a pet.
I know what you mean, but at least this RNG is...slightly more controlled as opposed to a rare where you're fighting spawn timers, locations, and competition from other players. At least you know you can tuck in and kill and get the drop all yourself depending on how much time you put it. Regardless it will show up eventually, so I guess it's just a different flavour of RNG.

I'm not too opposed to it myself, although I have terrible luck with random drops, haha. It could have been worse, like a raid drop, or a BMAH thing. It's an interesting idea for a new pet family.
Azivalla

Alright guys. Here is how you actually get a Direhorn. You make a post in this thread about RNG sucking and in your next kill, it will drop. Two confirmed drops this way.

Anyways, that is how I met my red Direhorn named Gouge.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Vephriel wrote:
Azivalla wrote:I am not entirely comfortable of this drop being so...skittish. I've killed my fair share of Dinomancers. I'll keep doing so until I get it. I'm just...really uncomfortable fighting RNG for a pet.
I know what you mean, but at least this RNG is...slightly more controlled as opposed to a rare where you're fighting spawn timers, locations, and competition from other players. At least you know you can tuck in and kill and get the drop all yourself depending on how much time you put it. Regardless it will show up eventually, so I guess it's just a different flavour of RNG.

I'm not too opposed to it myself, although I have terrible luck with random drops, haha. It could have been worse, like a raid drop, or a BMAH thing. It's an interesting idea for a new pet family.
I once tried to tell myself this when farming for a whelp... Then when farming for mounts, and then for catching a Shiny Rayquaza, but sometimes RNG sucks. Luckily, this RNG doesn't look too terrible, the highest I've seen is 22 kills. Regardless of what happens, it'll have to happen sometime, the mobs are common and only drop this one thing that no other class can loot (that we've seen).

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'll be surprised and disappointed if there isn't some kind of quest line leading up to killing those guys to get the book to drop. If it's just something you discover by accident, that will kind of suck. Either way though, I WILL have one. I like the blue one and the yellow one the best.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I really gotta strongly disagree... I would MUCH rather have this RNG from killing some mob that some 30-step questline, or some faction grind.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Slickrock wrote:
I really gotta strongly disagree... I would MUCH rather have this RNG from killing some mob that some 30-step questline, or some faction grind.
I can understand RNG over a faction grind, but why an epic questline? IMO I'd rather follow some fantastic adventure than spend the same amount of time grinding on Dinomancers...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Gimlion wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
I can understand RNG over a faction grind, but why an epic questline? IMO I'd rather follow some fantastic adventure than spend the same amount of time grinding on Dinomancers...
Because they don't do epic questlines for faction things anymore (unless the new warlock things are a sign of things to come). What you would get is kill 30 of this, gather 40 of that, and other nonsense.

Besides, killing the trolls that are taming dinos to get a tome about taming dinos makes sense.

A fantastic adventure would be cool, but we wouldn't get one. It would just be an annoying one.
Last edited by Slickrock on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Thanks for the info. I have terrible luck with drops :? I would rather have the 30 step quest myself :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd much rather have an awesome and fun questline than some book that depends on RNG....against elites, no less.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine