Direhorn skin changes?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Direhorn skin changes?

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:
Mozag wrote:
Myzou wrote:I wonder why red has no stripes.
SHHHHH!!!!!

Don't give them any ideas, I beg you! :lol:
Not going to lie, I'd love to see black stripes on the red.
^ That. So much that.

But yea. These skin changes are kind of horrible, aside from the Green Direhorn.

But at least it helped me decide between the Red/Blue Direhorn and the Pink/Blue Devilsaur.

Both blues are no longer anywhere near my thoughts.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Vephriel wrote:
Mozag wrote:
SHHHHH!!!!!

I must not have been the only one going "wait, all of the other skins have stripes.. but not the red one!? You've got to be kidding me!" I would love it to have the same hue stripes as it's horns and other bony-parts.

Oh and, the current blue direhorn just makes me think of this. (It's probably a Finnish thing. :D)
Attachments
sweden.gif
sweden.gif (2.09 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

The real problem here is now they've created a mess where some love the old skins, some the new. Gonna be a rant fest whatever they do now. If they revert, red is the only one I'm interested in, right now there's three or four.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

If the parents weren't all level 91, I would have suggested 'make the parents one color and the babies another'. That would open up more avenues for colors and taming. I guess they need to make them level 91, though, for the resists and the like. :/
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

So on the whole baby, parent thing who should be brighter...imo it would be the babies lol

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Vephriel wrote:
Mozag wrote:
SHHHHH!!!!!

Actually, I was hoping for the same, but then I saw how fake those stripes on the green look and then I wasn't so sure anymore. If they managed to make them blend better, I'd support this. Red and black are my favourite colours after all! :D

Yoruko - Maybe it is a Finnish thing, but I thought of the same and went...no...no, don't think I'll have one of those after all. :P
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but they also have a lovely little stomping sound that they make now as well :)
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Thanks for the comparison shot Vephriel! I liked the shinier, older Dire Horns better. They better not do anything to the whitish Dire Horn! I don't mind the stompy sounds some pets make. Have Dire Horns been increased in size? Thank you!
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Protego wrote:Have Dire Horns been increased in size? Thank you!
Here's a comparison picture I tried to put together with a screenshot I had from the earlier build:

The distance from the camera fools you a bit, but they look about the same size compared to the player model, I'd say.
Attachments
direhornsize.jpg
direhornsize.jpg (462.42 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Old green was beautiful..... :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Rhyela wrote:Old green was beautiful..... :(
The new one's beautiful too! Don't make him feel left out. ):

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Snowy wrote:
It is aside the stripes, which looks insanely unatural on it. They really look like a graphical error more than anything else. There's still time to correct them though. I'm sure Noah is reading all of this and taking feedback to the art team.
ImageImage
Dini

Unread post by Dini »

The new green one looks as if someone painted the stripes on it. They are just TOO dark imho, especially on it's face..
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:It is aside the stripes, which looks insanely unatural on it. They really look like a graphical error more than anything else. There's still time to correct them though. I'm sure Noah is reading all of this and taking feedback to the art team.
... In your opinion. In case you haven't actually been reading this thread, some of us actually like/prefer the newer ones. I'm personally fine with either.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I, personally, am a fan of many of the skin changes. The old blue for Dire Horns looked... and I'm sorry... kinda nasty in terms of coloring for me. And the new green, yeah it doesn't look natural at all... but it reminds me of war paint, which appeals to me as much as a "natural" color.

Personally, I'm now torn between the black and gold Devilsaur and the new blue model. Still not certain about the Dire Horn I want, because I really do like the ones with markings, but I also love the new blue version! We'll see if they do anything to the red one. Cause if they do and I don't like it, I'll probably get the green one (blue's better looking, imo, but I'm still not a fan of the color/combo anyway).

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Snowy wrote:
It is aside the stripes, which looks insanely unatural on it. They really look like a graphical error more than anything else. There's still time to correct them though. I'm sure Noah is reading all of this and taking feedback to the art team.
I'd be inclined to agree. I like the new blue but that green is bleck the stripes look like they're really bad camo/war paint like out of an old Rambo movie.

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

That's what I like about the green skin though. :/ It gives it a lot more personality in my eyes. Gaudy looking or not, it makes it feel like my hunter had some kind of interaction with it rather then it just being another pet. It almost seems like it has some customization to it, if that makes more sense.

I'd be one of those who'd be very sad if they reverted back without some way of being able to obtain it otherwise. It bothers me not if it looks 'unfinished'. I could also swing for the stripes being a tad more blended, but as long as they stay that darkish green/black I'd be happy. I'm thrilled it's got black stripes.

I'm also totally naming mine Rambo if I get to tame that skin. >p Uwahaha.

[Also, the old and new devilsaurs have very harsh stripes that aren't blended at all and no one complained about those.]

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Yoruko wrote:
Protego wrote:Have Dire Horns been increased in size? Thank you!
Here's a comparison picture I tried to put together with a screenshot I had from the earlier build:

The distance from the camera fools you a bit, but they look about the same size compared to the player model, I'd say.
I don’t know, to me they kind of do look like they are a tad smaller O_o

Your 1st shot, you are kneeling closer to the foreground of the pet (you knees line up with the dire horns left front foot)

In the 2nd shot your knees are further back (Lining up about 1/2 way between the front and back feet of the left hand side.)

From a perspective:ratio perspective, technically the dire horn on the bottom should look larger as it is closer to the camera than you are due to your knees/toon being further back, and yet it looks a little smaller than the top? The 2nd shot the crest on it's head also looks a lot taller/larger than the 1st indicating that if the model was scaled up or down, it's height would change an obvious amount also... that said, It could be my eyes... I'm not the springiest of chickens these days ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Thwip wrote:That's what I like about the green skin though. :/ It gives it a lot more personality in my eyes. Gaudy looking or not, it makes it feel like my hunter had some kind of interaction with it rather then it just being another pet. It almost seems like it has some customization to it, if that makes more sense.

I'd be one of those who'd be very sad if they reverted back without some way of being able to obtain it otherwise. It bothers me not if it looks 'unfinished'. I could also swing for the stripes being a tad more blended, but as long as they stay that darkish green/black I'd be happy. I'm thrilled it's got black stripes.

I'm also totally naming mine Rambo if I get to tame that skin. >p Uwahaha.

[Also, the old and new devilsaurs have very harsh stripes that aren't blended at all and no one complained about those.]
Agreed, the first versions, while more polished, were overwhelmingly pastel. Perhaps the second set is too dark overall, a mix would be best if we can't have both sets.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

They should really just make both the skins obtainable (aka, add the old ones back while leaving the new ones in); that way everyone's happy.

I guess I should look on the bright side - if they don't add the originals back, while I'll be disappointed, at least I'll get a free stable slot. :roll: