Page 1 of 3

New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am
by Tsuki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FcfPa2ta44

The offhand is amazing.
But... no guns/crossbows/daggers? I'm really hoping that they are just missing from the detamined list, because no ranged means no new weapons for hunters...

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 am
by Wain
There'd surely have to be some! We're only a couple of patches into the ptr and they're obviously still pushing out new art. My guess is they just aren't ready yet :)

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 am
by Malackai
Of course they will come a new raid tier will be released all classes will always get a new weapon (even if its not better then the current one)

The day blizzard will release a new raid tier and leave classes out of new items is the day a mayor shit storm will occur trust me :P

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:46 am
by Lisaara
There will be some. Just gotta be patient. :3 They aren't done yet!

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 am
by Meggers

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am
by Myrrmi
Dat crossbow... it's just Wrong :D
I love the bow and the gun, though.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 am
by Lisaara
Myrrmi wrote:Dat crossbow... it's just Wrong :D
I love the bow and the gun, though.

That....that crossbow. I fear it's gonna rape me in my sleep! ;-; *hides*

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm
by Bheleu
Junrei wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:Dat crossbow... it's just Wrong :D
I love the bow and the gun, though.

That....that crossbow. I fear it's gonna rape me in my sleep! ;-; *hides*

A friend of mine tried using the new crossbow on the PTR, ended up dead. Here's what the GM said when I told him it shouldn't kill the wielder,

"Do not be so sure, Mr. Rivers. Evidently your friend did not realize that here in the Isle of the Thunder King we use 220 volt current. He was found in the inn impaled upon a large crossbow. Our healers did what they could, but it took them two hours just to get the smile off his face."

Just kidding - name that movie!

;)

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm
by Eternallylostx
Junrei wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:Dat crossbow... it's just Wrong :D
I love the bow and the gun, though.

That....that crossbow. I fear it's gonna rape me in my sleep! ;-; *hides*

... I know enough hentai to know where this is going. O_e

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:36 am
by Tsuki
...
That crossbow
Has two of my favourite things
tentacles, and eye.
VERY MUCH DO WANT MUST HAVE

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 am
by Lisaara
Eternallylostx wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:Dat crossbow... it's just Wrong :D
I love the bow and the gun, though.

That....that crossbow. I fear it's gonna rape me in my sleep! ;-; *hides*

... I know enough hentai to know where this is going. O_e

I have told many that Blizz has a tentacle fetish. Has it proven me wrong yet? XD I think not!

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 am
by Myrrmi
Sooo... who wants to bribe bronze dragons to take us a 'few' years into the past to hide all of mr. Lovecraft's opium? ;)

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 am
by Shinryu Masaki
That crossbow looks very Old God-esque. I heard the Zandalari where corrupted by the Old Gods, so that would make sense. Still creepy though.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:00 am
by Meggers
Shinryu Masaki wrote:That crossbow looks very Old God-esque. I heard the Zandalari where corrupted by the Old Gods, so that would make sense. Still creepy though.


You should finish your klaxxi main questline. :)

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 am
by Lisaara
Myrrmi wrote:Sooo... who wants to bribe bronze dragons to take us a 'few' years into the past to hide all of mr. Lovecraft's opium? ;)

*raises paw*

And take away all their tentacle hentai Blizz keeps watching.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 am
by Qraljar
Meh, I actually prefer Old Gods over Sargeras and the Burning Legion.



Old gods are inspired prominently by Lovecraft, but I still think that Old gods are great characters; despite not being original creatures. The scheming part of them is way more intriguing to me, than the "ROAR I CAN CUT ANY PLANET IN TWO BUT I DONT BECAUSE I AM A LAME 2D VILLAIN WHO CAN DO ANYTHING BUT DOESNT DO THAT BECAUSE OF MY GOD-COMPLEX." that is pretty much Sargeras's personality.

Okay, that may come off hostile, but whereas it's "Old Gods did it. Old Gods madden anything. ALWAYS.", it's also true that the above counts for Sargeras and his lackeys.

That said, the crossbow and other weapons with eyes and tentacles seem to be inspired by that Beholder boss, rather than an Old God.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am
by Lisaara
Qraljar wrote:Meh, I actually prefer Old Gods over Sargeras and the Burning Legion.



Old gods are inspired prominently by Lovecraft, but I still think that Old gods are great characters; despite not being original creatures. The scheming part of them is way more intriguing to me, than the "ROAR I CAN CUT ANY PLANET IN TWO BUT I DONT BECAUSE I AM A LAME 2D VILLAIN WHO CAN DO ANYTHING BUT DOESNT DO THAT BECAUSE OF MY GOD-COMPLEX." that is pretty much Sargeras's personality.

Okay, that may come off hostile, but whereas it's "Old Gods did it. Old Gods madden anything. ALWAYS.", it's also true that the above counts for Sargeras and his lackeys.

That said, the crossbow and other weapons with eyes and tentacles seem to be inspired by that Beholder boss, rather than an Old God.

I'm just more concerned that my own weapon is gonna rape me in my sleep....XD and likely kill me or fuse to my body.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am
by Zhinru
I don't think Zandalari are related to Old Gods. The Mogu are rogue titan constructs, but they still fought the Mantid just because they were Y'Shaarj's old minions. If Zandalari were OG worshippers, the Mogu wouldn't ally with them.

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am
by GormanGhaste
Qraljar wrote:I actually prefer Old Gods over Sargeras and the Burning Legion.

I actually prefer Old Gods over the Titans :)

Re: New Weapons. That's great...

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am
by Myrrmi
Old gods are cool, and I agree that they're much more interesting than mr. "I'm bigest and badest and strongest thing in the world and I can destroy you all by just spitting on you (but I won't for some reason)". But after the Cata I had just one wish - no more tentacles. An entire expac full of tentacles, seriously?