Quick 5.2 Pet Battle Info

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Quick 5.2 Pet Battle Info

Unread post by Maizou »

Griefing would be running from a rare, telling people it's a rare, then killing it as people get there.

I'm simply going to enforce my right to kill a critter. If I need a rare, and don't want to fight every single pet, then the others must die. As such, if running doesn't despawn them, and I don't want to spend 2-3 minutes on a pet battle where my pets are going to get hurt by 40-50% each, I'm going to run, and kill the pet to force a respawn.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vis, you can't sell/give it away. The ones you catch in the wild can't be caged(unless they're changing that. I haven't seen any notes on that)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Junrei wrote:Vis, you can't sell/give it away. The ones you catch in the wild can't be caged(unless they're changing that. I haven't seen any notes on that)
Fact is I just find it a rude attitude that rather than just battling it and beating it if you don't want it, like you're supposed to and then killing it you're just kinda throwing it in someone else's face. It's like well I didn't wanna battle it but I'm gunna still take the health cut and then kill it when now that I'm done with it someone else could come get it. I don't get why the health cut is such a big deal. I'd just go heal my pets and be done with it.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The heal has a cooldown and we shouldn't be punished if we choose to run away. What if I clicked it on accident? Should I get punished for something I didn't intend? (Yes, I have done it before and no I don't agree with the killing bit BUT they prove the killing part is worse than the running away since running away doesnt make them despawn anymore, which is why I think the 10% thing is pointless)

LisaaraPokefarm

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Junrei wrote:The heal has a cooldown and we shouldn't be punished if we choose to run away. What if I clicked it on accident? Should I get punished for something I didn't intend? (Yes, I have done it before and no I don't agree with the killing bit BUT they prove the killing part is worse than the running away since running away doesnt make them despawn anymore, which is why I think the 10% thing is pointless)
/shrug, I guess I see it as it isn't hard to go to a stable master and have them healed while the heals on cool down. I can see it as an in convience but I think that Blizzard must have a reason for this change. They always do things with a purpose behind them even if the players don't know about it.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

They plan to introduce epic battle pets at some point.
Are epic battle stones planned to be implemented in 5.2? I didn't think they were, but I've seen a couple people think otherwise.
Nope, holding off on those a bit longer still. They will come along with epic pets at the same time most likely.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/309 ... GW2-Update
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Pet battles are a diversion activity so people DO NOT have to play them if they CHOOSE to do so then they can deal with minor inconviences of planning ahead and hoping maybe they get a stone out of a battle rather than punishing those others who do this for fun and not take it so seriously.

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Syleye wrote:Pet battles are a diversion activity so people DO NOT have to play them if they CHOOSE to do so then they can deal with minor inconviences of planning ahead and hoping maybe they get a stone out of a battle rather than punishing those others who do this for fun and not take it so seriously.
The thing I have against it, is that this 10% HP punishment for forfeit won't actually solve anything.

Anyone seriously collecting rare pets probably has at least 50+ level 25 pets, so 16 teams of 3 pets. Lets assume they will keep a pet team switched in until it hits 50% hp, so 5 forfeits. That's 80 pet battles they can forfeit before needing to use a bandage/8min cd heal. They aren't going to fight through 80 pet battles to find a rare when they can just forfeit 80 pet battles (or more) before needing to heal.

It really fixes nothing and is just an irritation/minor inconvenience.

Also killing them after forfeiting is nothing to do with griefing, if there's only 10 spawn points for pet x and the one you just forfeited wasn't a rare... if it no longer despawns, it will just be clogging up a spawn node that could respawn as a rare - I suppose if it was one with a very slow respawn eg.minfernal, it might be worth leaving it up as it would probably be taken by someone who doesn't care about its stats rather quickly. I doubt that most rare hunters will take the chance that someone who doesn't care about the rarity will show up promptly, and just kill them to guarantee freeing up the spawn.

Personally, I always say the main issue with people who 'casually' pet battle not being able to get certain pets, is not the rare hunters, but the monstrosity that is cross realm zoning; shame they won't fix that.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vissara wrote:
Junrei wrote:The heal has a cooldown and we shouldn't be punished if we choose to run away. What if I clicked it on accident? Should I get punished for something I didn't intend? (Yes, I have done it before and no I don't agree with the killing bit BUT they prove the killing part is worse than the running away since running away doesnt make them despawn anymore, which is why I think the 10% thing is pointless)
/shrug, I guess I see it as it isn't hard to go to a stable master and have them healed while the heals on cool down. I can see it as an in convience but I think that Blizzard must have a reason for this change. They always do things with a purpose behind them even if the players don't know about it.
Unless they're gonna put a stable master at every halfway point on empty roads, most stable masters aren't within reach at most places and sometimes they won't heal your pets. I've had them refuse me before.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Junrei wrote:Unless they're gonna put a stable master at every halfway point on empty roads, most stable masters aren't within reach at most places and sometimes they won't heal your pets. I've had them refuse me before.
I made a ticket about that once, and I was told it wasn't a bug that it must be my computer/game files.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

I have to agree that this change seems a bit counterproductive.

If you're only interested in catching rares, but the pet you face isn't rare, you're forced to battle it anyway which means it will be gone and no-one else can have it. If you want to be nice and forfeit so that someone who doesn't care about rarity can have it you're punished for that.

This seems particularly illogical considering that people still can (and probably will) kill none-rare pets to free up the spawn place.

Which means that this really does nothing to prevent people from clearing out whole areas of pets, leaving nothing for others. Instead it'll only hurt those that want to be helpful by not battling pets they don't want so that other people can have them.

Lok'tar ogar!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
Junrei wrote:Unless they're gonna put a stable master at every halfway point on empty roads, most stable masters aren't within reach at most places and sometimes they won't heal your pets. I've had them refuse me before.
I made a ticket about that once, and I was told it wasn't a bug that it must be my computer/game files.
I've been told that too. I've also been told that it just meant I used them too often.

And I agree with Mindsprocket. We're basically getting punished for being nice to those who don't care about rarity. If running away meant the stuff despawned, that would be different. But considering that removed the despawn, it just seems like "Oh you wanna leave this for someone else? BAD! You must battle or be punished!"

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

AdamSavage wrote:
It's not a bug. They have a 'cooldown on login'. Same as your heal. It's to keep people from getting around the 'personal heal' cooldown. You can use them as much as you want. You just can't use them for 3 minutes after logging in on any character.
Come see Kurasu's stables!