It's a bat. And it's epic!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Re: It's a bat. And it's epic!

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Quivering wrote:I doubt it will be RaF. Look how long the Touring Rocket lasted, and we recently went to the Nightwing.

Edit, the fact there are plain mount, armored mount, and then a plain model makes me think itll be in game. The 2 mounts make me think itll be like the grand wyvern and armored version... and the plain models will become mobs. Maybe 5.3 rep rewards for mount like the 5.1 rep gave mounts, and the plain models will be mobs in the new 5.3 area (whatever it ends up being). complete speculation.
Agreed. It's unlikely that it'd be RaF, and the level 20 requirement is most likely a placeholder.
I'd say it's something troll related for 5.3. Maybe Vol'jin and the rest of the Darkspear are getting people together to ready for the Siege of Orgrimmar, and you're rewarded with the bat mount?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Agreed. It's unlikely that it'd be RaF, and the level 20 requirement is most likely a placeholder.
I'd say it's something troll related for 5.3. Maybe Vol'jin and the rest of the Darkspear are getting people together to ready for the Siege of Orgrimmar, and you're rewarded with the bat mount?
Just to throw it out there, the level 20 may not be a placeholder. obviously a level 20 wouldnt be buying it if it required level 90 reputation to buy, but with BOA mounts, a level 20 could still use it as a ground mount, like the 5.1 wyvern etc.

granted mounts with no proper ground animation used as a ground mount still seems weird to me, but theres already examples of this (heart of aspects mount) level 20s can use. a bat wouldnt be a stretch for that to me.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I really do hope it does not end up being a RAF, or Annual Pass or Blizz store. Though I have a bad feeling it will end up being one of these, but fingers crossed.... :|

Quivering wrote: granted mounts with no proper ground animation used as a ground mount still seems weird to me, but theres already examples of this (heart of aspects mount) level 20s can use. a bat wouldnt be a stretch for that to me.

your right and from memory Hippogriffs did not have a running animation until mid wrath. And as much a bats do have a cool walking animation (IRL), I think they may look a little funny running compared to just flying low over the ground.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Now that I think about it, the chance of it being RAF is lowish, as it doesn't appear to be a 2-person mount, as most of the recent RAF mounts have been. I suppose we could turn into bats, but that's stretching it, I think! And the amount of color variations makes me think it's not, but then, the Windsteed told us not to trust color variations.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

LupisDarkmoon wrote: And the amount of color variations makes me think it's not, but then, the Windsteed told us not to trust color variations.
And the water strider mount did too... i still want my red one :(
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

There's a model marked troll and undead there, so I'm putting my bet on 5.3 or later, when Vol'jin starts getting the Org raid ready and Sylvanas crawls out of wherever she's hiding right now.

Also, don't put a cross on the waterstriders yet. They're all in the armory (unlike windsteed and flying disc variants, for example), so who knows...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)