It's a bat. And it's epic!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: It's a bat. And it's epic!

Unread post by Thwip »

Qraljar wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but Alliance got new Raptor options. Maybe this is Blizzard's way of evening things out between the two factions. *Shrugs*

My undead Lock, and my Blood DK will be enjoying riding this demonic bat from hell.

I would be inclined to agree, but this bat has a new model. While nice, the new raptors are old models and old skins.

That's the only argument I have against it. :P
Welp, I would like to toss this in too.....With the addition of the Klaxxi mount, Alliance now has a scorpion of the new model, minus that horrible banner, and with a very nice skin while Horde still does not have the lion equivilent. xD

WHAR MY LION?!

I really, really, really am crossing my fingers that these are not raid mounts. Which they might be, I will be anticipating the source reveal!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Thwip wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but Alliance got new Raptor options. Maybe this is Blizzard's way of evening things out between the two factions. *Shrugs*

My undead Lock, and my Blood DK will be enjoying riding this demonic bat from hell.

I would be inclined to agree, but this bat has a new model. While nice, the new raptors are old models and old skins.

Welp, I would like to toss this in too.....With the addition of the Klaxxi mount, Alliance now has a scorpion of the new model, minus that horrible banner, and with a very nice skin while Horde still does not have the lion equivilent. xD

WHAR MY LION?!

I really, really, really am crossing my fingers that these are not raid mounts. Which they might be, I will be anticipating the source reveal!
Oh, you are very right and I bow to you; miss.

That said, I hope it isn't the case.

Then again, as long as it's tameable, it's all right by me, at least.

... It'd be a huge-ass crime not to make them tameable and have hunters be stuck with the old.. models..

I actually really don't expect Blizzard not making them tameable anyway.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Thwip wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

WHAR MY LION?!

Horde
* Guild Scorpion Mount
* Klaxxi Scorpion Mount
* Old Raptor Mounts
* New Raptor Mounts
(?) * Bloodwing Mount

Alliance
* Guild Lion Mount
* Klaxxi Scorpion Mount
* New Raptor Mounts

Still not fair! :lol: Either way, I'm glad I am levelling a Horde hunter now...
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

I can make a loooong list of Horde mounts that alliance have vs alliance mounts that horde have. :p

I'm as excited about this development as I was the Direhorns and I will be keeping a stable space free for the 'Just in Case' cause! I'd not be a proper undead hunter without an epic vampire bat!

This Xpac has been -sooooooo- full of surprises, Blizzard is really outdoing themselves!

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Now that's a mount I would want.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

*Attempts not to hyperventilate from over-excitement* dsbfhkdsbfhjbsds :D

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

That Armored Black better be common...I want my Demonic War Bat. *grabby hands*
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Strangletusk
Realm: Saurfang EU

Unread post by Strangletusk »

I hate to say it, but the fact it's designated as being useable at Level 20 and that its speed changes according location does seem to indicate that it's the next Blizzstore mount. All of them have had the exact same wording in their tooltip, plus this seems to be a very 'standalone' mount, not completely tying into anything atm.

I suppose you could argue that it's related to 5.2 due to the connection between Trolls and Bat-mounts, but we've yet to see ANY bats in the 5.2 content, which makes it unlikely to be a raid drop/meta achievement reward, or a faction reputation reward.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain this is Blizzstore material :(

At least that means that we all have a chance of getting it without being a raider.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Strangletusk wrote:I hate to say it, but the fact it's designated as being useable at Level 20 and that its speed changes according location does seem to indicate that it's the next Blizzstore mount. All of them have had the exact same wording in their tooltip, plus this seems to be a very 'standalone' mount, not completely tying into anything atm.

I suppose you could argue that it's related to 5.2 due to the connection between Trolls and Bat-mounts, but we've yet to see ANY bats in the 5.2 content, which makes it unlikely to be a raid drop/meta achievement reward, or a faction reputation reward.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain this is Blizzstore material :(

At least that means that we all have a chance of getting it without being a raider.
I'd rather be a raider than paying real money. That being said, I personally feel we'll just have to wait and see the finalization of 5.2, as they could certainly add something cool like "DA DARKSPEAR RETURN, COME AT US ZANDALARI" With new bats available, or a new possible rare. Who knows. One thing's for certain, I will be getting this mount. Even if I have to bash a few NPC skulls in for 100+ runs.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

From what I heard it drops from a new rare call "Leat Moaf" ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Currently on live, the ONLY mounts that are faction exclusive completely, are Elekks, Mechano Striders, Wolves, Goblin Trikes, Gryphons, Wyverns, and Lions (However, the winged Guardian is a stoney, fiery, winged lion. Technically not a lion though). Raptors have TCG, and the ZG rare drop.
Honestly, I don't see the bat being horde only, unless Alliance get a flying mount that only they can use as well. But it'd have to be something awesome like the bats.
Like... One of those biplanes. With the alliance crest on it. Iunno.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

Tsuki wrote:Currently on live, the ONLY mounts that are faction exclusive completely, are Elekks, Mechano Striders, Wolves, Goblin Trikes, Gryphons, Wyverns, and Lions (However, the winged Guardian is a stoney, fiery, winged lion. Technically not a lion though). Raptors have TCG, and the ZG rare drop.
Honestly, I don't see the bat being horde only, unless Alliance get a flying mount that only they can use as well. But it'd have to be something awesome like the bats.
Like... One of those biplanes. With the alliance crest on it. Iunno.
Yep! Leaving Alliance being able to obtain at least one of the Hawkstriders, Forsaken Warhorses, Raptors, Kodo, and the Scorpion! Meanwhile, horde is able to obtain a type of Horse [Tyreal's/Agrent], Sabercats/Cats [Various], and a Ram. :D

That alone leaves me on the fence about this one in particular. Although, Strangletusk does have me pondering why it's a lvl20 useable. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the 'Scales with riding', because all the mounts do that now. Usually only the drakes are the ones that require some type of actual flying. My under 60 toons have no issues using Wyverns, they just can't fly.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see! Either way, I'm totally excited regardless of how it goes. My only hope is that it will be something that I can obtain!

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:From what I heard it drops from a new rare call "Leat Moaf" ;)
Laugh. That would be awesome :) Though to keep in gamer theme, change it to "Leet" :)

I must be the only person who isn't yet sold on the new bats. To me they look tatty, old, like a bat on its last legs, er wings, that has been chewed on a bit. Like it might gasp and depart from the world of mortals at any point mid-flight. Like the wing membranes would split open, seeing they are supposed to be stretched tightly and their edges are all torn. But most people seem to love it so I accept it's just me ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm neutral myself, Wain. :D So you're....sort of not alone? ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

SHRIEKS

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:From what I heard it drops from a new rare call "Leat Moaf" ;)
Laugh. That would be awesome :) Though to keep in gamer theme, change it to "Leet" :)

I must be the only person who isn't yet sold on the new bats. To me they look tatty, old, like a bat on its last legs, er wings, that has been chewed on a bit. Like it might gasp and depart from the world of mortals at any point mid-flight. Like the wing membranes would split open, seeing they are supposed to be stretched tightly and their edges are all torn. But most people seem to love it so I accept it's just me ;)
Well, seeing as it's either this or sticking with..

It doesn't surprise me that the majority is overjoyed, including me!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Seeing those armor-less models, the other colors to armored models, i am complete jelly.

JELLY.

I CANT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

This patch so far has been 'cool, super awesome, i really like that' but nothing has really made me want to log in again. But these bats. I will wait to see how things progress. I will be keeping close eye on these bats. If i come back for the release of 5.2, it will be because of these guys. PLEASE DUN DISSAPOINT! I KNOW YOU WANT MAH MONIES!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Now if only the Pterrawings were tameable alongside the new bats...I think I'd need many couches to calm my inner hunter down.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I need a fainting couch.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I hope there is at least one of these from the store. I don't care which color. I don't care if its armored or not. Imusthaveit...