No more Blink?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

No more Blink?

Unread post by Silivren »

Mind you I'm copy pasting from the patch notes because I'm on my phone but my friend told me to look at the patch notes for Mage since that is my main. This is what I saw...

Glyph of Blink will now increase the movement speed bonus provided by Blazing Speed's by an additional 50%.(I can't find how fast it originally goes)
Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15-second cooldown, down from 25 seconds. This ability replaces Blink.

Now I'm sorry but to me this is stupid and I can't think of why they'd remove
Blink? If Blazing Speed does essentially what Blink does then why mess with it as all? Blazing Speed used to be a fire talent but I'd prefer it stay out of game and Blink stays in. I see a Mage as someone that can warp time(obviously) and if that's so then Blink makes much more sense. This change saddens me. :(

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: No more Blink?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wow, just one more reason not to play any of my mages. /sadface

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Eh I wouldn't think it's being removed just because one of the blink glyphs is getting changed. If glyph of momentum is still unchanged then blink is safe.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I hope they keep Blink. It's such a fun, derpy little spell.

...Uh oh I feel a need to play a mage again.
Silivren

SetsunaChan wrote:Eh I wouldn't think it's being removed just because one of the blink glyphs is getting changed. If glyph of momentum is still unchanged then blink is safe.
There's more under that reread the part underneath the glyph. Blazing Speed is a new ability being implemented that REPLACES Blink. That means no more Blink. That's in the official patch notes as well.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I rather hope they do remove blink.

I'd like a little more control over where I am going when I use that ability-which is essentially the mages fast move ability.

I cannot count the number of times I have used blink and ended up in a wall, or under a building, or somewhere weird, it is so buggy.

I once blinked on my Mage while at the shrine in the vale, and ended up on the ground, under the main upper level of the building, with everything above me. Happily I was able to run along the ground and get out-but I'm afraid to use the ability half the time on my Mage for fear of landing somewhere glitchy again!
Silivren

Shade wrote:I rather hope they do remove blink.

I'd like a little more control over where I am going when I use that ability-which is essentially the mages fast move ability.

I cannot count the number of times I have used blink and ended up in a wall, or under a building, or somewhere weird, it is so buggy.

I once blinked on my Mage while at the shrine in the vale, and ended up on the ground, under the main upper level of the building, with everything above me. Happily I was able to run along the ground and get out-but I'm afraid to use the ability half the time on my Mage for fear of landing somewhere glitchy again!
Well that's what the Glyph does. It helps so you blink in whatever direction you're moving. I've only had it malfunction once and that's on the elevator in the one Cata instance. Can't remember the name. The Vash'jir instance... But I've seen everyone bug out on the bubblevator by falling through it and such.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I would bet my entire account (and the hundreds of days of investment and playtime among 14ish toons) that blink is safe and sound.

If they removed the spell, they would most likely say so directly in the notes like they did with hunter spells for example. Blink is very old and popular, its not going away under the radar. :)

Here are the latest notes from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822655 ... -1_17_2013

Glyph of Blink will now increase the movement speed bonus provided by Blazing Speed's by an additional 50%.
Blazing Speed can now be triggered at will, provides root/stun immunity, and has a 15-second cooldown, down from 25 seconds. This ability replaces Blink.

The last update to PTR was on Jan 23 so you know its up to date, and from the most up to date and current PTR...

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Blink is a base spell, Blazing Speed is a talent. This is how they are on live right now. In the patch taking the Blazing Speed talent will replace Blink, like some talents do for other classes, i.e. Aspect of the Iron Hawk replacing Aspect of the Hawk for Hunters, or Harvest Life replacing Drain Life for Warlocks. Last I read about it, Blizzard doesn't seem to like the Blink ---> Blazing Speed combo that Mages are doing right now to run away in PvP.
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Upon further testing, if you take the talent Blazing Speed, it does replace blink. If you take any of the other two talents in that tier, Blink comes back.

So as of this build, they didn't remove Blink. You just cant have Blink and Blazing Speed (that can be activated any time) at the same time.
Silivren

Quivering wrote:Upon further testing, if you take the talent Blazing Speed, it does replace blink. If you take any of the other two talents in that tier, Blink comes back.

So as of this build, they didn't remove Blink. You just cant have Blink and Blazing Speed (that can be activated any time) at the same time.
Thank the lord! In any case replace can also mean take the old spell away and put the new spell in its place. So I was confused. Thank you for confirming for me that it's still there! I love Blink. It saves my hide constantly in PvE when I need to get away fast. :)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I don't see why everyone was confused about Blink being removed, since the thing is about a GLYPH, and sometimes glyph effects completely replace a spell (and ONLY if you use the glyph)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Silivren

Makoes wrote:I don't see why everyone was confused about Blink being removed, since the thing is about a GLYPH, and sometimes glyph effects completely replace a spell (and ONLY if you use the glyph)
There's something UNDER the glyph. It's about Blazing Speed replacing the Blink spell. That confused me. There's two things there. The glyph reflects the change of only having Blazing Speed. As Quivering said though the change is for IF you talent Blazing Speed then your Blink spell goes away. It is unavailable for you to use and is replaced by Blazing Speed rather than you being able to have both. At first read the second part made me think they were doing away with it completely and making Blazing Speed the spell in its place.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Quivering wrote:Upon further testing, if you take the talent Blazing Speed, it does replace blink. If you take any of the other two talents in that tier, Blink comes back.

This. This this this this this.

Blink is not being removed as a spell.

Blazing Speed just replaces Blink when you take that talent (and ONLY when), the way that Rune of Power replaces Evocation.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Thinking about these changes yesterday; I liked the idea of Blazing Speed being an ability that replaces Blink back when I first read it, but now I have to question its place in that talent tier. It's still PTR, so maybe they'll keep tweaking things, but right now I'm not really seeing what comparisons can be made between it and the shield talent choices.The currently live implementation makes sense on that tier because it's a defensive tier and you're given extra chances to get away from the thing that's hitting you, but on PTR it's no real extra benefit except an extra root clear? (compared to Blink)

Right now it honestly sounds like it'd make a better glyph than a talent: it just changes your Blink to be a short dash instead of a teleport for those who'd prefer the manual control (no getting stuck on fences or dealing with terrain blips).

That said, new Blazing Speed I'm going to like a lot more than current, that's for sure.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

They have stated that they are still iterating on Blazing Speed.

Edit: This seemed relevant. http://www.thedailyblink.com/2013/02/bl ... l-miss-it/
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!