More dailies????

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Re: More dailies????

Unread post by Shadow »

Eh. For me, I did only 3 factions at a time. Problem was GL was one of those factions. I ended up skipping and lazing out on GL for the longest time. When I finally crawled my pathetic way up unto revered with them, I stopped cause it was only a couple of weeks until the Commendations were coming out... But Tillers, Cloud Serpents, and Anglers I never had a problem with! Knock out my 3-5 quests for each group, call it done. GL was just the nasty one. AC I never had a problem with except that they don't give enough rep for how few quests they do (at least it seemed that way to me...). Shado-Pan was a good balance of quests and rep, but not one I'd do in conjunction with other reps (As I ended up dropping GL for a while in favor of running Anglers, Tillers, and Cloud Serpents for my first batch, a good mix of 12-15 or so dailies a day that were fast, easy, simple, and didn't give you 100 rep per turn in to make you feel like blah!).

So I think one to three new reps per patch won't be out of the question insane. Just as long as they're not as bad as GL was. Now the grinding for the bone white raptor? That... I'm not gonna lie. That will be a bitch. But at least it's not as RNG-ish as Alani is :/

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

It's simple. Only do LFR/dailies until valor capped for the week. Then do something else. Or go outside.. seriously..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Slickrock wrote:It's simple. Only do LFR/dailies until valor capped for the week. Then do something else. Or go outside.. seriously..
I start Tuesday, I get valor capped on Sunday on my three toons, playing 5-6 hours a day.

Something's just not right there.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I've never worried about getting valor capped and don't think I've ever actually done it.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Kalliope wrote:Exactly - it's burnout either way. Either you burn out from trying to keep up with allllllll the dailies or you burn out because you acknowledge that you have no desire to keep up and know that you won't be able to.
Could not have said it better myself.

I am in the latter situation.
Mainly because its a 24 cd situation you cant really plans some grind your self and that causing burn out for me couple that with a job, and raiding you kinda know before hand its impossible to keep up especially during the weekdays.

I never burned out on the Wration rep or the old winter sabre rep because that's something I had complete control over.

The old winter sabre took me months simply because I never did it every day. Some days I did a little, some days I dint feel like it so I skipped it and sometimes I had a grindy mood so I grabbed some drink,foods and cranked up some music and I could spend hours just grinding rep chatting on VT or ts with guildies.

@ Vephriel
the raiding situation I am in the exact same boat we (guild) took a break as well during the holidays and now most of the guildies dont even want to raid anymore -_-

@shadow
about those bones yea its gonna be grindy but at least you can pace it your self in how much you want to do when you feel like doing it:)

But as far as I could see the 5.2 rep seems decent (non brainbleeding)haven't tried to much of it to prevent burning before it even gets released XD

Just a little side note I have been trying GW2 lately and there they have introduced dailies as well only there it doesn't feel like a dailies simply because its stuff that is asking you to do that you most likely already be doing during your playing session.

Example last night I had to join/complete 3 events, harvest 15 nodes(plants,wood or ore doesn't matter which one you pick), doge 10 attacks from npc's or players, revive 10 players or npc's, and something else cant remember. You had to do all 5 of those things to complete it but you could do it anywhere you pleased.
And it also rotates in different things you needed to do. Dunno somehow it felt less stressful.
And they also introduced a monthly quest as well.

But yea sorry for going off topic I just had to get it of my chest :D
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

If the dailies are aywhere like 5.1 dailies, then bring it on, babe!

I really loved those - fast to do every day (just 5, all close to each other, portals to cut travel time to minimum), a bit of a plot every other day, and, insted of getting more and more teddious, like GL ones, the pace only rises, turning, towards the end, into a crazy rollercoaster lore-ride.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Slickrock wrote:It's simple. Only do LFR/dailies until valor capped for the week. Then do something else. Or go outside.. seriously..

I do go outside, every day. Stop being such a grump all the time. :P
ImageImage
Slickrock

Myzou wrote:
I start Tuesday, I get valor capped on Sunday on my three toons, playing 5-6 hours a day.

Panda is just not alt friendly. Pick a main...

I was working at keeping two toons close, but my raid group imploded, so I moved my hunter and will be working on only him.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Slickrock wrote:
Myzou wrote:

I was working at keeping two toons close, but my raid group imploded, so I moved my hunter and will be working on only him.
I would have agreed with this not alt-friendly comment in the beginning of Mists, but now with commendations, I can't complain much. Sure, it's not like Cataclysm where every alt could be geared obnoxiously well fast, but I have found this to be quite relaxing actually. I used to have closer to 40 characters, 18 of which were 90. I thought about the vast amount of stuff I had to do on all of them, burned out from the mere thought, and was forced to make some tough choices. I decided to cull my characters. Only five lowbies survived, every character between 20 and 75 was deleted and I managed to take down my number of 90s to 12. Then I started setting them tasks. Whenever I play one of my high level characters, I usually set myself a task, such as a mount or a pet, or an item level or whatever. Something that I want to get, and while I am working on those, I also do my dailies in MoP. This isn't the fastest or most effective way, and I don't raid anything but LFR of course (I never could with so many characters needing my time) , but I can't say I feel burned out at all. Compared to when I did the Shado-Pan, the Klaxxi and the Golden Lotus rep the first time every day constantly, I'm positively enjoying the dailies.

But I will agree with others here that the Golden Lotus rep can be rather terrible. It just felt like an awful amount of work for very little reward. Shame too, since I actually liked those quests (as opposed to Shado-Pan for example, which I loathed).
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Slickrock wrote:
Myzou wrote:

Comments like that make me want to slap you.

I do not want a main. Plain and Simple.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Comments like that make me want to slap you.
Now now, no threats of violence please :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:

Dont tell me what to do, or I'll slap you!....

with a bro hug! :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Wain wrote:

Dont tell me what to do, or I'll slap you!....
with a bro hug! :hug:
Aww :) :hug:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Myzou wrote: Panda is just not alt friendly. Pick a main...

I must admit with the commendations it does make it easier for you NOT to pick a main as the rep goes like that. On my shaman alt I got Klaxxi revered with 2 sets of dailies cause all the quests gave me enough rep :D GL is still meh but I'm glad i have one revered under my belt after a week at 90.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

Castilé wrote:
Myzou wrote: Panda is just not alt friendly. Pick a main...

I must admit with the commendations it does make it easier for you NOT to pick a main as the rep goes like that. On my shaman alt I got Klaxxi revered with 2 sets of dailies cause all the quests gave me enough rep :D GL is still meh but I'm glad i have one revered under my belt after a week at 90.
Well, if you are raiding, it's even harder. I've seen good friends in game really burn out trying to manage all their alts to be raid ready. With the commodations, it is easier, especially for the reps that give more rep per quest to begin with, but it certainly isn't Cata.

I was also referencing all the crafting alts that got left behind. I finally got my JC the meta patterns, but that was very slow in coming, since that toon is a non-raider (LFR turned out to be the easiest way to get those patterns).

However now with my raid group implosion, my hunter has moved to the new server, my spriest will probably follow, but the rest... well...