Looks like Marksman may become viable in 5.2 after all...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Looks like Marksman may become viable in 5.2 after all..

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Slickrock wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:Raidbots is totally unreliable and Blizzard devs including Ghostcrawler have recognized and stated that. My in game experience shows me Hunters always at or near the top and certainly always in the top 5. BM and SV are pretty equal right now with no changes except in high AOE situations. MM hasn't been in the picture yet and definitely needed major buffs. The reduction in the buff for SV is totally warranted but I'm not sure about the one for MM. BM and SV Hunters have been in a pretty good place since MoP launched.

Also my posts do not contain any kind of spec hate. They refer only to the balance between all 3 which I am totally in favor of and always have been. The preliminary numbers showed the SV buffs to be too much and now it has proven to be the case. I completely put my trust in the numbers Blizzard uses because they are the only ones with the ability to collect all the relevant data. I do not trust sites like Raidbots or any others like them which only reflect the numbers put up by the most elite players playing whatever the spec of the month is. Any numbers for other specs come from lesser skilled players and the whole system is rendered invalid.
Oh... where to start...
My in game experience shows me Hunters always at or near the top and certainly always in the top 5.
So, your raid group consists of enough equally geared and skilled people to validate that hunters are one of the top dps specs. Really? Really? And all the other class specs are represented, so you can validate by yourself that Blizz's numbers are good?

*chuckle*
I do not trust sites like Raidbots or any others like them which only reflect the numbers put up by the most elite players playing whatever the spec of the month is.
So.. the best players playing the best spec of each class is totally invalid. Those same players that test different specs, will try dozens of different things to optimize their dps. Yep, invalid, totally worthless, completely meaningless.

*snort*
I completely put my trust in the numbers Blizzard uses because they are the only ones with the ability to collect all the relevant data.
Hogwash. It has been shown again and again that's Blizz's testing of dps has major loopholes, and also that they aren't always motivated to actually balance dps. Here's a hit. Blizz shifts dps up and down to manage the balance of class populations, which might mean some classes get nerfed or buffed when it was otherwise uncalled for.

But even though you call it meaningless, I'll still point to raidbots to show the top dps for each class in real fights. You'll see that hunters, even the mighty BM, is at the bottom of the pack. But it's still in the pack, it's not down where frost mages are.

So while you call for SV nerfs, I would like to have seen those stay, because it would have pushed hunters up in the ranks overall, even if SV overtook BM. Calling for SV nerfs when hunters as a whole are 10-20% below the top dps specs is just silly.[/quote]
Simply put, NONE of what you said is true.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Looks like Marksman may become viable in 5.2 after all..

Unread post by Wain »

Locking this thread because it can't remain civil. Sadly, with some of the names involved it was probably inevitable.

It doesn't matter whether you're upset that you weren't as buffed as you'd like. Your hurt is your own problem to deal with and not an excuse to take it out on anyone here. Even if they disagree with you. Furthermore, someone diagreeing with you in a civil manner is no excuse to become arrogant and condescending towards them or to treat them like the enemy.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.