faerie dragon mount?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Re: faerie dragon mount?

Unread post by Agravaine »

Zhinru wrote:Possible new annual pass deal could include a mount, new expansion beta access (there will be an announcement at BlizzCon, you can bet on it) and... in lieu of D3, probably some special deal for Hearthstone.
... or Titan ;)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I will cry if this is tied to a collect X mounts achievement. ;_;

And if it's annual pass... ugh. I may just cancel til next xpac out of frustration. Lol. Although I'm joking, I know quite a few people probably would quit over that, as weird as it sounds. I don't think Blizzard would do that. Releasing such a high def model and probably one of the most stunning mounts and tying it to the annual pass would not go over well.

I might also point out, we have no dragons that can be used as grounds mounts, to my knowledge. An annual pass mount would presumably have to be useable by all levels.

Also, I'm sure it's been posted before, but this interested me:

I do honestly think it could be the Alliance version of the Bat. They're both extremely HD, the Sprite Darters fit with the Alliance (Night Elves) and the bats fit with the Horde (Trolls/Undead)
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Myzou wrote:I do honestly think it could be the Alliance version of the Bat. They're both extremely HD, the Sprite Darters fit with the Alliance (Night Elves) and the bats fit with the Horde (Trolls/Undead)
Can you imagine the Horde outcry though? I know I wouldn't be happy. If anything they're trying to *stop* faction-specific mounts these days.
Myzou wrote:I might also point out, we have no dragons that can be used as grounds mounts, to my knowledge.
TCG Feldrake. ;)

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Snowy wrote:
Myzou wrote:I do honestly think it could be the Alliance version of the Bat. They're both extremely HD, the Sprite Darters fit with the Alliance (Night Elves) and the bats fit with the Horde (Trolls/Undead)
Can you imagine the Horde outcry though? I know I wouldn't be happy. If anything they're trying to *stop* faction-specific mounts these days.
People were telling Alliance to suck it up because of the bat mount. I see no difference. :P
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Myzou wrote:People were telling Alliance to suck it up because of the bat mount. I see no difference. :P
Of course, but this thread is about the Faerie Dragon. ;)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Snowy wrote:
Myzou wrote:People were telling Alliance to suck it up because of the bat mount. I see no difference. :P
Of course, but this thread is about the Faerie Dragon. ;)
I know. :P I'm pointing out saying Horde outcry would be crazy if it were Alliance only means nothing because there'd be just as much outcry from Alliance about the bat mount. :P

I LOVE the Faerie Dragon, but the Bat Mount is insane.

I'm seriously going to scream if it's the annual pass reward. To the point I will cancel at least one month in protest. :S Annual Pass is so not fair to those not stable enough economic wise to guarantee a year of uninterrupted service. Punishing them by restricting one of the most detailed mounts in this game from them would be ridiculous. The charger was fine. This would just be cruel.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Personally, I HIGHLY doubt that this is the Alliance's bat. This is almost completely based off of one thing: the color changing. No mount ever before has been able to change colors. It's completely new and, at the moment, 100% unique to this mount. That would be incredibly cruel to do to Horde players. The bat is wonderful, but besides the fact that it's a bat, there's nothing new about it. New model, sure, but people expected a new model. It's just a bat. This Sprite Darter mount, however, not only has a shiny new model, but a completely unique aspect that no other mount has. To keep that from ALL Horde players would be ridiculous. I'd be infuriated! The Horde mount would need something equally fresh and unique for their mount, too.

Besides that, there's also the fact that this mount is a dragon, new model or not. Dragons are very, very rarely (if ever?) faction specific. I'd be really surprised if suddenly they changed that.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the bat mount is bad. I'm crazy about the bat mount. I want it with every fiber of my being, too.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Personally, I HIGHLY doubt that this is the Alliance's bat. This is almost completely based off of one thing: the color changing. No mount ever before has been able to change colors. It's completely new and, at the moment, 100% unique to this mount. That would be incredibly cruel to do to Horde players. The bat is wonderful, but besides the fact that it's a bat, there's nothing new about it. New model, sure, but people expected a new model. It's just a bat. This Sprite Darter mount, however, not only has a shiny new model, but a completely unique aspect that no other mount has. To keep that from ALL Horde players would be ridiculous. I'd be infuriated! The Horde mount would need something equally fresh and unique for their mount, too.

Besides that, there's also the fact that this mount is a dragon, new model or not. Dragons are very, very rarely (if ever?) faction specific. I'd be really surprised if suddenly they changed that.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the bat mount is bad. I'm crazy about the bat mount. I want it with every fiber of my being, too.
That's pretty much my entire opinion summed up for me, thank you. xD

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

There's non-color changing ones in the files as well, just btw.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

getting more and more of a nagging feeling its gonna be a store mount tbh >_>
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Personally, I HIGHLY doubt that this is the Alliance's bat. This is almost completely based off of one thing: the color changing. No mount ever before has been able to change colors. It's completely new and, at the moment, 100% unique to this mount. That would be incredibly cruel to do to Horde players. The bat is wonderful, but besides the fact that it's a bat, there's nothing new about it. New model, sure, but people expected a new model. It's just a bat. This Sprite Darter mount, however, not only has a shiny new model, but a completely unique aspect that no other mount has. To keep that from ALL Horde players would be ridiculous. I'd be infuriated! The Horde mount would need something equally fresh and unique for their mount, too.

Worded it better than I could. Thanks. xD

I was okay with the bat. Not too crazy about it. But to fix the no bat on Alliance, I would just give Alliance a bat too. c: I don't see any wrong with it. Yeah it leans towards trolls/undead, but eh why not give the Alliance one too. If not a bat, what about an updated Hippogryph. I can see a Hippogryph going for the Alliance more than the fairy dragon. The fairy dragon is way too detailed, more so over the bat. It color changes and has a special particle flight animation on its wings. The fairy dragon really does have a blizzard store mount smell to it, and I kinda hope it is. My soul is saying not to make it a TCG mount. Dx Cause I really don't have the money to fork out to hunt down the beauty.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

What if...

The Faerie Dragon and the Bloodwing were the faction mounts...
but they would be usable on all characters?
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I personally don't think that'll ever happen because then racial/faction mounts would mean squat and players would clamor for all mounts useable on a toons. I'm still betting its a store mount. EVERYTHING about it screams store mount and it's about time for a new one too.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I was hoping it would be a new mount achievement reward for like 200 or 250 :c
ImageImage
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Meggers wrote:I was hoping it would be a new mount achievement reward for like 200 or 250 :c
The outcry on that would be MUCH worse than if they were faction-specific.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Myzou wrote:
Meggers wrote:I was hoping it would be a new mount achievement reward for like 200 or 250 :c

I don't see how, there hasn't been any outcry like that over the others. o_O
ImageImage
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Myzou wrote:
Not really. I only just barely inched to 150 mounts about like a month or two after the kite went live so I sure as hell won't be seeing the 200th reward for many months to come but at least I know I can ride it on BOTH factions opposed to just one which may be the one faction I never play /is a hordie for life :)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Meggers wrote:I don't see how, there hasn't been any outcry like that over the others. o_O
Because none of the others were insanely-amazing, unique-modelled faerie dragons who can *change colour* whenever they want. The others are rather dull in comparison.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Shalyth wrote:
Myzou wrote:
Not really. I only just barely inched to 150 mounts about like a month or two after the kite went live so I sure as hell won't be seeing the 200th reward for many months to come but at least I know I can ride it on BOTH factions opposed to just one which may be the one faction I never play /is a hordie for life :)
I think it's the fact nobody would see it. Truthfully does it make more sense to be alliance only? Yes, I remember vanilla wow the horde slaughtering and capturing Faerie Dragons in Feralas. BUT it's so unique that I'm still betting its a store mount. This mount can change colors. That's something that definitely screams store mount. I personally don't think it's a mount achievement. The Dragonhawk is already confirmed even though it hasn't been seen and I don't think that they'd put the next tier out when there's only one known achievement. That's my opinion but I'm thinking how fancy all store bought mounts are....this one totally fits that bill.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Doctress wrote:but I'm thinking how fancy all store bought mounts are....this one totally fits that bill.
Yeah, it's almost like an OTT kind of fancy. So insane and over-the-top that it can't be anything but a store mount. :P