faerie dragon mount?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: faerie dragon mount?

Unread post by Qraljar »

I sort of hope .. no. I do hope the Faerie Dragon pet gets reverted, but I do hope there'll be another Faerie Dragon pet with this model, and it has around this size.

But who am I kidding? Not to seem spiteful, but Blizzard has problems even allowing battle pets/non-combat pets to up to player's knee (with Night Elves), as most of them are very tiny. Way tinier than I'd hope.

So yeah, a pet like this is obviously unintended, if not the model, then at least the size.

Shame, it would've been fun to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am hoping that the Sprite darter hatchlings get reverted back to their original model, and a new pet get introduced, something like juvenile Sprite darter, which would have the new model.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

I'm thinking... buy a 1 year WoW sub, get their weird card game thing for 'free' once it's released plus this mount/possibly a matching pet.

Otherwise Bliz store mount.

I'd love to be wrong but it just seems like it would be an amazingly good mount to milk $, as it's just so different to anything currently in-game (and the amount of effort they've put into the whole colour change thing).

Either way hopefully the old mini pets will get fixed back to their proper model (and they'll add one with the new model).
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

The mount is pretty cool on its own, the model is perfect for a mount
I can't say im happy about it replacing all the older models though, the mount model on all the older ones seems...well they just don't look like faerie dragons anymore.
I really love the older model and I do hope that they keep it on the minipet at least. But that's just me and im sure others have a different opinion
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I love Sprite darters, fell in love with their old models... and after seeing this one I just went squeeeeeeeeeeee~!! XD
Although I'm a bit dissappointed they didn't find a way to keep the iconic butterfy wings...

Hopefully it will be the ally equivalent of the bat mounts, that we can gain from some 5.3 content.
When I first saw the bats I couldn't help thinking of what could the ally counterpart be. Iconic horde flying mounts (at least looking at taxis) are wyvs, bats and dragonhawks. We've already had plenty of both wyvs and d-hawks, so now theywould (finally) go bats, which have a strong connection to Trolls and Undead, with Vol'Jin being on top of anti-Garry rebelion. Who knows, maybe we'll see some living dead soon, too :)
Then for allies: the two mount types we use as taxis (and of which there's more than abundance of) are gryphons and hippogryphs. The trouble is there's no third mount... Thinking of it, the Fearie Drake would fit here almost perfectly. They have a connection to both nature and arcane, and to the ancients on top, which gets them close to nelfs, but more importantly to helfs, too... :3

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

I adore it. I hope it's not a blizz store or raid drop. I NEVER see the raid drops, I'm not one of those players that can play in HC at current level. Meta achi would be fine.

I'm hoping it is Ally counterpart to the bat, I really wanted a bat but if they make it Horde only this more than makes up for the lack of a unique beast on Alliance end. Certainly makes up for a gold direhorn on Ally end, I mean really, the lack of a blue one made my heart sink so much esp when Horde got to keep their symbolic red.

The fact it changes colour though and lvl 20 makes me worried it's a Blizz store mount. Ok so it means I can get one... but the entire server will have one and one way to make me bored of mounts is to see them all over the place. It took me only a couple of days to go from "OMG MUST HAVE" to "God not another one of those!" for the Dragon Soul lookalike mount.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

The cinder kitten was bigger on the test realm than live..so I'm sure the faerie dragon will shrink a bit before release. (if they do replace models)

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Doctress wrote:No offense but I'm not sure how that would make sense. Especially since I dont attribute sha and faerie dragons like at all. I personally think a sha touched pandaria phoenix would be great for the sha of pride since they resemble peacocks and those birds are certainly prideful.
itwasajokelol. As if the Sha of Pride would actually be a thing. I can imagine it now... a rainbow-coloured sha boss. Omg I'm dying. xD

I've just realised something though! Is anyone else getting HTTYD vibes off this mount? The chubby front legs and flat face make me think of Toothless... Now I want it more. <3

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I want it! Its so adorable.
ImageImage
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Murderface wrote:new blizzard store mount i'd bet my account on it
If you're wrong, can I haz your account?

But seriously, I too think that it will be a new store mount.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I think the level 20 requirement gives it away a little. Honestly, I won't care if it's a Blizz Store mount.
... Provided it doesn't come out before my next student loan comes through, I don't have £20 to spare right now QQ.

I saw a lot of people complaining about Blizz Store mounts 'ruining' the feel of awesomeness. But you know what? Not only do I not care how many hundreds of people have a mount that I like, but when the Windsteed came out... I saw no one with it. Nada. Not a single person. Only me. I think I've only seen one or two others since it came out.

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

TCG also gives out blizz store mounts. And there's quite a few regular old mounts that are 20 as well. x:
ImageImage
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Meggers wrote:TCG also gives out blizz store mounts.
... Wut? o.O

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Snowy wrote:
Meggers wrote:TCG also gives out blizz store mounts.
... Wut? o.O

Sorry need coffee, TCG also gives lvl 20 mounts.
ImageImage
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Current lvl20 non-cash-shop flying mounts:
Tyrael's Charger
Invictible's Reins
Big Love Rocket
Horseman's mount
Imperial Quilen
Concluding: promo or event ones

We'll get a Bloodwing and a Faerydrake now - and my thoughts trail to Darkspear Rebellion. And since it gives a 5.3-specific FoS instead of an Achi (A/H), I think it counts more as an event than as a rep faction.
/crosses fingers

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Still holding on to the thought that it's not a cash shop mount or a TCG mount.

Sure, cash shop mounts usually have that level 20 thing going on, but I doubt they'll add two store mounts in a small timespan like that. Especially two mounts that could be called "faction-tied". Bats are very important creatures to Undead and Trolls, and Faerie Dragons are very important to Night Elves.

Now, officially, Faerie Dragons aren't Night Elven creatures, but the Night Elves were the first and only ever army they joined out of pure necessity. After that, they seemed to have made elven forests their home. I'm pretty sure you can say they're a pretty integrated part of Night Elven lore simply because of that.

For the bat: taxi's. They're important mounts for both Trolls and Undead, and that's simple enough but true.

Now, why I think they won't be store mounts other than the above:

A pattern I've noticed with store mounts is that they are very detached from lore. Heart of the Aspects wasn't a mount you could act like your character was seriously riding were you to keep the lore in mind.

Same goes for the Celestial Horse and the Winged Guardian. Winged Guardian, a flying stone lion? Cool, but it's not something that has been known in actual lore, and the same goes for the Celestial Steed.

Simply said, Store Mounts are flavor mounts that usually have no bearing on the actual WoW storyline, lore -- nor do they use creatures that are very relevant to the lore.

Bats and Faerie Dragons simply contradict the above observation, because they are both pretty prevalent in lore and story. They may not be "überdeveloped", but they do have roots in the real lore, which the other store mounts lack. Which is also why they can be sold. It's because they're basically outside of the actual circle of WoW.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

@up
Don't forget about the Windsteed. There's nothing like that in the entire Azeroth :D

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I actually wish they gave some lore to those mounts. Like, maybe at least a rare mob in Uldum or Halls of Origination that looks like the Winged Guardian; maybe unattackable Celestial Horses flying near the ceiling in Elegon's room.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I do agree that it would be cool if they had more lore. Windsteed (thanks Myrr) not having any lore was sort of atrocious to me.

And yeah, a Winged Guardian in Uldum would've been cool for sure. Especially as a tameable pet. *beady eyes*

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I'm still betting store mount. As to why? It changes color. That's a never before seen thing with mounts. Sure horde would get bats or something but we'd get a color changing mount and as much as I agree that these dragons remind me purely of night elves I don't think they'd keep something so unique as a color changing mount exclusive to one faction and one faction only.