THIRD TALENT SPEC!!!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: THIRD TALENT SPEC!!!

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Kalliope wrote:
Kaiarra wrote:Ugh, there's going to be such a backlash if they go against the flow by not adding tri-spec - so many people have got excited about it, and they took such a long while to even comment after the datamine.

Can't decide if he actually saying it's definitely not happening (vague on purpose politician speak ftw)?
The lengthy delay in response is a fair point, though I'd venture to add that the WoW community as a whole takes datamining-as-fact far too seriously as well. :/ My guess is that the delay in response was tied to internal debate about its status.
True, but this is really one of those things they should have seen up on MMO (and all over the place) and instantly clarified by announcing tri-spec is a lie and isn't happening (preferably on the same day it was posted).

Now they're going to be dealing with some very, very disappointed and irate people if it's a no go; wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Hopefully someone back there will just chime in with "you know, it'd just really be less hassle to add it at this stage" and we'll get it anyhow. ;)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kaiarra wrote:True, but this is really one of those things they should have seen up on MMO (and all over the place) and instantly clarified by announcing tri-spec is a lie and isn't happening (preferably on the same day it was posted).

Now they're going to be dealing with some very, very disappointed and irate people if it's a no go; wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Hopefully someone back there will just chime in with "you know, it'd just really be less hassle to add it at this stage" and we'll get it anyhow. ;)
Oh yes, it was definitely poorly handled. The mob can't really help itself, you know? :mrgreen:

Hopefully it will get approved in the long run (though I'd argue that druids should get four specs to be completely fair).

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

My pally and hunter will both be glad of this change, as will my warrior. I mainspec tank on my pally, and my OS changes between Holy & Ret depending on guild raid needs. Changing spec nowadays is pointlessly easy, so Tri-spec may as well be introduced. It's not as if we have a massive tree of points to allocate after respeccing nowadays.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am still on the fence about this one since its only been data mined and not confirmed...and if they did do a 3rd talent spec, then I foresee there being an issue with druids, since every other class would have access to ALL their specs, but druids have 4 specs...Then there's the whole bags filled with different gear sets...unless they finally get around to implementing set closets (could be a feature on the "C" tab) to keep bag clutter down.

having access to all your specs would be very nice especially if there is a particular roll that needs to be filled (like for raids) or even with the LF tool (of course there will be long waves of heavily under geared players queing for things they cant handle -gear/exp wise) actually this comic comes to mind...

There will be lots of Donalds....

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

deadman

Unread post by deadman »

Now what would make my day is to find out that they are going to fix my issues with soloing in raids >.>

I loathe PVP so don't have much reason to use a 3rd spec (other than popping over to BM to tame an exotic occasionally.) But, I got used to being able to be an emergency backup tank for real raids (giving enough time for real tanks to get battle rezzed) and being able to act as MT/OT for small group / old content activities, not to mention soloing stuff I hear that I'm not supposed to be able to ^^;;

I can still play "Super Hunter" in heroics (and frequently end up soloing bosses from 50%+ due to bad PUG healers,) but I miss being able to do the same in raids.. For bosses without a lot of ranged attacks, it used to be possible for two coordinated hunters to ping-pong a boss back and forth with up to 120yds+, but now bosses are Growl/DistractingShot immune T_T

I am looking forward to being able to have every single buff/debuff available in my stable for raiding however. Now if only they give us the new serpent skins so I can have a snake that doesn't glow in the dark XD