Rants/raves/thoughts on 5.3

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Rants/raves/thoughts on 5.3

Unread post by Protego »

Thought I'd put this up to prevent thread clutter on the stickied topic.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Ril
Realm: Dun Morogh EU

Re: Rants/raves/thoughts on 5.3

Unread post by Ril »

55 slot stable. there's nothing that can kill my mood now.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

If I had known this was going to happen back in 5.1, I would have tamed an Amber Parasite in addition to my Gorishi Grub.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hoping we get some fire dogs, a new worg model.

Also hoping they consider making Pterrorwings tameable, or any of the other Pandaria beasts like Mushan, Yaks, etc.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Protego »

Wishful thinking, Amani War Bears.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

hydras pls.but i am more exited about the 30 more slots.i can die happy now.or maybe die if they add a spirit beast divilsaur or a raptor.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

With 50 slots in the stable, I'm wondering if it will worthwhile to have an add-on to organize/choose pets.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Gotta admit that I'm slightly disappointed with no tameable pythons in 5.2.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Qraljar wrote:Gotta admit that I'm slightly disappointed with no tameable pythons in 5.2.
I agree. If we're getting 30 new slots, how about one or two new families/new skins to fill the massive stable? ;)
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Protego »

Woot first topic of mine to become a Sticky!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Honestly, I assumed Pythons not becoming tameable were because they had JUST added Arcane Serpents to the family.

I could see Pythons happening in 5.4 or 6.0 though.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Qraljar wrote:Gotta admit that I'm slightly disappointed with no tameable pythons in 5.2.
Yeah. I mean, it's just a pinch of disappointment. But I <3 pythons.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

HunterFTW wrote:hydras pls.but i am more exited about the 30 more slots.i can die happy now.or maybe die if they add a spirit beast divilsaur or a raptor.
You and me both, man. Gotta have them hydras ;)
Errodon
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by Errodon »

I would give a lock of my Dwarven beard to tame a Mushan. :(
deadman

Unread post by deadman »

Still hoping for:
* Pythons - Would be nice to have a snake that didn't look radioactive
* Hydras - 'nuffsaid
* Snails - I have my reasons for this one >_>
* Wasp - still waiting on a black/yellow skin that looks like a bee/yellowjacket
* Spirit Beasts - Still hoping for some creative skins instead of the now-standard transparency.. They could easily give us phoenixes for example (Dragonhawk w/ a flame graphic could be rather epic IMO.) Could even provide a loophole in lore to allow us to tame dragonkin-lookalikes... Instead of palette swapped transparent porcupines :-/
* Direhorn RAP getting converted to full immunity (incl. physical) It's too useless as it is and it makes me rage a little inside every time I see one in a group environment since there are almost always better choices to help with group performance. At least full immunity would make it useful as a tank pet for soloing outside of the current handful of very specific encounters.
* Reversion of the Growl/Glyphed Distracting Shot nerf in raids.. At the very most, this should only apply to current raid tier content and possibly LFR raids. There is absolutely no reason why my pet should not be able to taunt bosses in Ulduar. -_-

50 stable slots makes me happy ^^ Now I'm looking forward to being able to actually have every single buff/debuff available in my stable at all times to cover anything missing AND being able to keep all my old partners AND my unique skins AND various exotics AND trophy/challenge tames XD Oh, AND have room for anything new that I decide I have to tame.

I kinda have the feeling though that Blizz is tossing this bone to us instead of doing any actual work on our class for this patch... Which is both good and bad. (Good since that means we are mostly unbroken/balanced at the moment, bad since that means that not much attention/effort will be spent on fixing our known issues/complaints.)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rave:

55 pet slots!

Rant:

55 pet slots...

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

deadman wrote:Still hoping for:
* Wasp - still waiting on a black/yellow skin that looks like a bee/yellowjacket
* Spirit Beasts - Still hoping for some creative skins instead of the now-standard transparency.. They could easily give us phoenixes for example (Dragonhawk w/ a flame graphic could be rather epic IMO.) Could even provide a loophole in lore to allow us to tame dragonkin-lookalikes... Instead of palette swapped transparent porcupines :-/
The wasp/bee one could be like a spirit beast/

but I agree with the transparent trend for me personally its getting a little bland.

As a spirit beast?
Image with the black skin + Skoll thunder animation.
that would be epic :3
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Malackai wrote:
deadman wrote:Still hoping for:
The wasp/bee one could be like a spirit beast/

but I agree with the transparent trend for me personally its getting a little bland.

As a spirit beast?
[SNIP] with the black skin + Skoll thunder animation.
that would be epic :3
Think that model is hideous looking personally, but I would kill for a tameable raven lord! Would also love a phoenix (Alar or pandaria types).

Agree that the new spirit beasts are meh, and have zero interest to tame them - could have least have given us a Xuen/Chiji/Niuzao lookalike, or maybe some sha-touched beasts. Even the lightning beaver model for the mini pets is better than the porcs IMO.

TBF all the original pandaria rares felt very dull to me - nothing really special just recolours, and then some boring spirit beasts on top of that; I love they made it so that non-hunters can't really kill them but eh, I would love to see something a bit more exciting.

I mean I look back and compare the Cata rares: Terropene, Sambas, Madexx, Banth and their unique (for the time) models... and then I look at the horde of recolours we got for the entry MoP rares - bleh. I mean we did get recolours in the spiders, and the spirit cats but those were fine as if you didn't like them (eg. the way I dislike the porcs) there were other unique models to tame.

The only bright spark for me is them adding the direhorns in (which I'll admit are pretty cool and have adorable animations); sadly they even managed to ruin that for me by randomly replacing the original skins with ones I don't like as much (and the fact there's not really any challenge to tame them, and no rare versions).

Anyhow, if they don't want to spend the time on new models at least give me some hunter Xuen/Chiji/Niuzao reskin rares (+ the old Direhorn skins) and I'll be happy. :p

/rant
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I hope that Pegasus model doesn't cost a ton... I want the mount but yah I don't want to pay a ton for it..

oh and
Iron Hitching Post: Allies with at least Apprentice Riding may use the post to summon an Iron Warhorse mount. (3 Min Cooldown). This would appear to use the warhorse model datamined last week.

are you serious? a cool looking mount and its just like that other hitching post that's a temp mount? ..... why..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Sasrei wrote:I hope that Pegasus model doesn't cost a ton... I want the mount but yah I don't want to pay a ton for it..

oh and
Iron Hitching Post: Allies with at least Apprentice Riding may use the post to summon an Iron Warhorse mount. (3 Min Cooldown). This would appear to use the warhorse model datamined last week.

are you serious? a cool looking mount and its just like that other hitching post that's a temp mount? ..... why..
the pegageus mount will be rewarded from the new promotion on the hard stone card game.

so its either going to be tied to a new annual pass thing (just like MOP) buy a year of wow sub with guaranteed Hard stone beta.
or like some others have already noted you get in hard stone beta you need to purchase some booster packs.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/