Amber worms

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Amber worms

Unread post by Dino »

Can someone check to see if these beauties are tameable on the PTR? I've had my eye on them. I can't check cause I don't have any game time right now. :c
It's the amber worm in the Klaxxi area. I can only dream for those to be tameable.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Amber worms

Unread post by Ziarre »

I'm pretty sure they're elementals, and they'd have to change to beasts to even have a shot at being tamable. Blizzard was pretty particular about changing every single gyreworm to elemental-type to squash rumors of tamability, back in Cata.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Darn. Dx

They're amazing. I loved them in cata. Then when I saw the amber one in pandaria, I just wanted to tame it right away. xD

I guess I'll still mind control them for dailies. xD

I think they would be an interesting pet.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

There are still 'Beast' gyreworms in Throne Of Thunder, for the record. Too high of level for tameability, but they do exist.

Not sure if this is an oversight, or if they're thinking of changing them.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

honestly i think blizzard really should change them all back to beasts and make em tameable....alot of people want em and theres no good excuse since shale spiders are tameable and they look just as elemental as gyreworms!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Kurasu wrote:There are still 'Beast' gyreworms in Throne Of Thunder, for the record. Too high of level for tameability, but they do exist.

I saw that when I ran the second part this week! I'm thinking oversight, but I could be wrong--I certainly was with how direhorns would be tamed!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:There are still 'Beast' gyreworms in Throne Of Thunder, for the record. Too high of level for tameability, but they do exist.
It's definitely an oversight and I believe it'll be fixed soon.
Zangor wrote:honestly i think blizzard really should change them all back to beasts and make em tameable....alot of people want em and theres no good excuse since shale spiders are tameable and they look just as elemental as gyreworms!
Personally I agree with you. But Blizzard doesn't, sadly.

This is pure speculation, I have no info, but I get the feeling that Blizzard changed their minds about elemental beasts *after* shale spiders were already in. Gyreworms were almost all beasts at that stage too. I suspect if they'd adopted this philosophy sooner maybe we wouldn't have even gotten shale spiders. Let me stress again this is purely my own gut feeling. Why they might have done this, I would have to speculate further. Maybe it came to the attention to someone more senior who just hates the idea of elemental beast pets. Or maybe they suddenly decided they should reserve them in case they want to give them to shaman some day. Or maybe I'm completely off the mark.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

MadHatterBunny wrote: I can't check cause I don't have any game time right now. :c
You can enter PTR without an active subscription. :) I thought otherwise myself before, but it's true since I've been playing for the past two PTRs without an active account!