What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh, let's see... I'd love to see some of the unused Saber Cat skins, and ohh, the lovely gem direhorns, pretty please? Or a stone Dragon Turtle? Other than that, I'm pretty happy!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

sharks <.<

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

While I am rather content with what we have tameable currently, I wouldn't mind some other stuff added for diversity!

Though I'm pretty much usually the minority on this, have wanted it for ages, and every time one of these posts pop up, I reply the same thing- Wind Riders. I wanted Sorrow Wing since the first time I laid eyes on him, and still do to this day, moreso since I am no longer Horde and have no access to these beautiful beasts aside from my Horde bank alt. I cherish my cub, and always hold the wish and hope that they will either introduce a rare spawn of a Wind Rider that drops a mount, or a boss drop, with a Gryphon counterpart for those Horde who want one of those. I've heard many arguments as to why these beasts shouldn't be tamed, but I think made into a Spirit Beast, it would make the most sense if normal tames were out of the question. I also think that labeling them as Exotics would be a suitable way of introducing them as well. Gryphons can be added in the same way for balance and fairness.

I like a lot of the other suggestions posted in previous threads, and posts, but this is my main and only personal wish.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

1. Hydras - First and foremost. I cannot emphasize this enough! I want to tame hydras!

2. Hippogryphs, Gryphons, and Wyverns - It's been debated up and down the forums before the reasons why such creatures should/shouldn't be tamable. I personally vote in favor of tamable models. Hunters, who share symbiotic relationships with their pets, and not ones based on a dominant/submissive concept, could very well have that same relationship with higher intelligent creatures.

3. Slimes - Yes, I know they technically aren't a "beast", but ever since the Spirit of Koosu, when hunters could temporarily tame a slime as a crocolisk, my undead huntress has had her sights on acquiring a pretty purple one from Netherstorm.

4. Frogs and Toads - Though not officially in-game options at the moment, I'd like to see Blizzard create some tamable versions for us in the near future.

5. Rams - Rams would be nice! I'd also like to see their models get a much needed update as well.
Last edited by Niabi on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Already existing beasts:

Stags
Penguins
Shoveltusks
Pythons
Pterrodax

Not yet existing beasts:

Bees
Ants
Frogs (critter models do not count)
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

1. Yaks
2. Yaks
3. Mushan
4. Yaks
5. Yaks
6. Pterrorwings
7. Yaks
8. Yaks
9. Yaks
10. Ok fine...Hydras! :D

I cannot even tell you how badly I want my Beta Yak, Goldilocks, back. Seriously. Like I miss her! /sniff
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

!. Kunchongs: My number one wish, and I agree with Caelan's idea on having to learn the mantids' secret for taming these.
2. Pterrorwings/pterrodaxes: There's no reason for these not to be tamable, really. Adding the landing animation to pterrodaxes could prove a challenge, though.
3. Hydras: I'm with everyone else who wants these tamable, and I ended up bonding with Gesharahan and see him as a spiritual part of my main's stable. I'd absolutely love to finally be able to bring him home someday.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

For things that just need to be made tameable and already have a family:

1. Yaks, Stags, Talbuks, shoveltusks, rams, gazelles - just need a rename on the goat family to throw them in there.
2. The new snake models - family already in game.
3. Hydras - family already in game.
4. Diemetradons - I'd just lump them with either basilisks or crocs, as I think there's only 1 model with 3 recolours.

For things that would need a new family:

1. I would kill for tameable hippogryphs, along with gryphons and windriders for those who prefer them.
2. Pterrorwings - have a book to tame them drop off the Thunder isle rares.
3. I would love some type of small pet dragon/faerie dragon - Hunter version of green fire?

Also, WTB the old Direhorn models back + the stone mount versions.
shard135
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by shard135 »

I' d like to see

- Clefthoof as rhinos. I dream of taming those since the release of bc and i was really disapointed when they released the rhino family without them in :/

- Kunchong as silithids. at all they look like the silithid boss from Aq ( i share the idea of a ancient manthid secret )

- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15510 this also as a silithid

And a new family : the Pterrorwings
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Really want:

1. Talbuks
2. Rams
3. Yaks
4. Those fire doggies
5. Gem Dire Horns
6. Edited to add in: Gyreworms!!!

Would probably fall in love with very quickly:

1. Pterrorwings
2. Mushan
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

(Stole the pic from Miacoda. :lol:)

These. I've wanted these since I saw them. I don't give a toss about hydras, just gimme the damned flame dogs. D:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

1. Pterrorwings - I need one so BAD! ;;
2. Hydras - I really LOVE them.
3. Hell Hounds - The flamey bone looking dogs - I just adore them.
4. The Orange Armored Chimaera added into the game! As a new rare, or something. =)
5. The new Pythons - I fell in love the minute I saw the model. They're gorgeous and would make nice hunter pets I think.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Hey, Miacoda...wasn't GC's response to your tweet about what he would tame with 55 stable slots "I would tame all the dinosaurs."

You never know what might get their tamable switch flipped. We could see lots of hunters making pilgrimages to Un'goro in 5.3. ;p

(Please note, I do not work for Blizzard, nor do I speak for Ghostcrawler or any other employee. That just seemed like a rather loaded response to me.)

As to what I'd like to see tamable...

Wouldn't mind seeing that gold saber cat that's still unused myself. Wouldn't mind seeing them put that coloration on one of the Pandaria model tigers, either. Beavers might be nice, so long as they don't shrink quite as much as porcupines do. I personally would like to see a tamable version of the Xuen model someday.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Tahlian wrote:I personally would like to see a tamable version of the Xuen model someday.
Oh god, this. It's one of those 'in my dreams' pets though. ):

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Tahlian wrote:Hey, Miacoda...wasn't GC's response to your tweet about what he would tame with 55 stable slots "I would tame all the dinosaurs."

You never know what might get their tamable switch flipped. We could see lots of hunters making pilgrimages to Un'goro in 5.3. ;p

(Please note, I do not work for Blizzard, nor do I speak for Ghostcrawler or any other employee. That just seemed like a rather loaded response to me.)

As to what I'd like to see tamable...

Wouldn't mind seeing that gold saber cat that's still unused myself. Wouldn't mind seeing them put that coloration on one of the Pandaria model tigers, either. Beavers might be nice, so long as they don't shrink quite as much as porcupines do. I personally would like to see a tamable version of the Xuen model someday.

NooOooOooooo! :o

Why did you have to go and make me aware of Ghostcrawler's comment? Now my mind will interpret it as potentially tameable Pterrorwings and possibly more dinosaurs and I will probably be disappointed when it isn't like that. :|

Just kidding though -- not accusing you, even though my brains are conjuring up such thoughts as we speak. :(
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I asked him if 55 stable slots was a bug or joke or dream and his response was "I MUST TAME ALL THE DINOSAURS"
I'm pretty sure his response to me Tweet was poking fun at my obsession with dinosaurs. :P
I have sent him at least... one tweet about dinosaurs. Perhaps others but I don't recall.
But like a few weeks ago or something I sent with a tweet saying "Who do I have to send a cake to to get Pterrorwings ptameable by hunters?" and there wasn't a response but I assume he saw it. xD
But man, I do hope it was a "HEY WE MIGHT MAKE SOME MORE DINOSAURS TAMEABLE" like I really REALLY hope that's partially what he meant because omg I need a green pterrorwing.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

hydra
mushan
beaver
new python
orange armored chimaera
albino saber cat
glowing light green saber cat
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Miacoda wrote:I asked him if 55 stable slots was a bug or joke or dream and his response was "I MUST TAME ALL THE DINOSAURS"
I'm pretty sure his response to me Tweet was poking fun at my obsession with dinosaurs. :P
I have sent him at least... one tweet about dinosaurs. Perhaps others but I don't recall.
But like a few weeks ago or something I sent with a tweet saying "Who do I have to send a cake to to get Pterrorwings ptameable by hunters?" and there wasn't a response but I assume he saw it. xD
But man, I do hope it was a "HEY WE MIGHT MAKE SOME MORE DINOSAURS TAMEABLE" like I really REALLY hope that's partially what he meant because omg I need a green pterrorwing.

Don't feel bad Mia.

I have a confession to make.

I -too- need a Pterrorwing pet in my life. :?

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Qraljar wrote:
Miacoda wrote:I asked him if 55 stable slots was a bug or joke or dream and his response was "I MUST TAME ALL THE DINOSAURS"

Don't feel bad Mia.

I have a confession to make.

I -too- need a Pterrorwing pet in my life. :?
Oh I don't feel bad about it. XD Like I'd legitimately send someone a cake if it meant we could tame them ahaha.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Man, I don't wanna get me hopes up -- but I guess that's too late.

PREPARE THE CAKES!