What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What would you like to be tameable in 5.3?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I now have a vision of blizzard HQ being bombarded with cakes!
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

1) The most likely to happen on my potential tameables list are the stone direhorn skins. While I was initially iffy about the others, I loved the stone skins right away.

2) I would love for yaks to be tameable. I don't know how likely or unlikely that is, but we have rhinos and now goats, so perhaps one day.

3) Hellhounds.

4) Hydras. I know that they have issues with the model, but so many other people want them, so I'll put them up. One day...maybe...
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

GormanGhaste wrote:I now have a vision of blizzard HQ being bombarded with cakes!
Tameable cake? What?

:mrgreen:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kalliope wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I now have a vision of blizzard HQ being bombarded with cakes!
Tameable cake? What?
On the second page, there were offers of cake in exchange for tameable pets :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Tameable cake? What?
On the second page, there were offers of cake in exchange for tameable pets :)
Yes, I'm suggesting that we also be able to tame cakes. ;)

Because hey, why not? :D

(It counts if they're animal-shaped cakes, right?)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Family Ability: Sugar Rush! Passive aura granting increased movement speed to all party members.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm still a little disgruntled with the armored raptors on the isle of thunder still not being tameable when we already have other armored variants available, unless that's changed on the PTR. I've not personally tried in game, but I have noted that the site updated and put them in the not tameable section. I've not spent hours trying to download this PTR either cause the last one ended up with a file corruption error and it would have taken me all day to redownload everything....again.

Anyway, I'm adding the rest of the current armored raptor skins [Or any that might come in the future. Dat white one, augh.] to the "I really want this tameable." list. Red and Orange have just never really been mah thing. :lol:

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

The lovely Lashtail Hatchling-skin raptors, please. And also the Obsidian-Hatchling-esque version that the Fetish-binders can hex you into!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Kalliope wrote:Yes, I'm suggesting that we also be able to tame cakes. ;)

Because hey, why not? :D

(It counts if they're animal-shaped cakes, right?)
Stop teasing me Kalli, you know I've always wanted to tame cakes. It's just not fair. :(

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Thwip wrote:I'm still a little disgruntled with the armored raptors on the isle of thunder still not being tameable when we already have other armored variants available, unless that's changed on the PTR. I've not personally tried in game, but I have noted that the site updated and put them in the not tameable section. I've not spent hours trying to download this PTR either cause the last one ended up with a file corruption error and it would have taken me all day to redownload everything....again.

Anyway, I'm adding the rest of the current armored raptor skins [Or any that might come in the future. Dat white one, augh.] to the "I really want this tameable." list. Red and Orange have just never really been mah thing. :lol:
My guess is the people who have the retired ZG Raptor (which is what the raptor skin is based off of) would get butthurt because they don't feel as unique anymore.

Ah, retired mounts, the center of whining.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

PorrasouxRex wrote: My guess is the people who have the retired ZG Raptor (which is what the raptor skin is based off of) would get butthurt because they don't feel as unique anymore.

Yeeeah, I've been thinking that too, but I'd be less disgruntled if just that one was marked untameable for that reason if it were to cause controversy since it's the skin of the retired mount. The second one, however, is merely an armored Venomhide....and that's the one I was truly heart set on snapping up. D: Sad day.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Because a picture is worth a thousand words:

If someone wants to add sad eyes, feel free to do so. ;)
kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Unread post by kiechae »

PorrasouxRex wrote:My guess is the people who have the retired ZG Raptor (which is what the raptor skin is based off of) would get butthurt because they don't feel as unique anymore.

That just makes me want it even more! Wouldn't having a matching pet/mount combo make the mount even better?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If we get no more tameables this entire expansion I'd still think we did pretty well. I was completely shocked when dire horns appeared and were then made tameable for all hunters. Really didn't see that coming and I think they're beautiful.

Still if I got to pick another I'd have to say hydras simply because so many want them. But otherwise probably mushan or yaks.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Gryphon, Wyvern, Hippogryphs, Kodo.

oh and Armored Beasts XD
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Oh...so many I'd love to see...even some I personally don't want but know so many other hunters do.
Hydras, all of the dinos in the game (I know two hunter that would pee themselves if they could tame all the games dinos), all hooved creatures (Stage/Deer, Rams, Clefthoof, Yak, Mushan (ok not really hooved but same idea), Kodo, Talbuk, Shoveltusks, Gazelles, Giraffe, and Zhevra.)

I would love to see the hellhounds tamable and maybe a cloud serpent or a dragon.
And I know they are marked as undead but either of the two doggies from ICC (Precious and Stinky) I know its an odd request but for some reason I have a huge soft spot for them both and would LOVE to tame both of them and give they a happier and better home. (they could join the corehound family)
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Hydras and I would like to see snakes and mana wyrms add to the serpent family. Or better, give mana wyrms and arcane serpents there own family.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Solunerra wrote:Hydras and I would like to see snakes and mana wyrms add to the serpent family. Or better, give mana wyrms and arcane serpents there own family.
Judging by your sig, it's very obvious you dislike Hydra. :P
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I REALLY wish they'd introduce a rare spawn (tracking one) on the Isle of Thunder.

That uses Tortos' skin.

I mean, something like "Spawn of Tortos" or something. Tracks all around the Thunder King's palace.

His tracks could even be like, rocks, to give it a Bombyx challenge.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

If we get no more tameables this entire expansion I'd still think we did pretty well. I was completely shocked when dire horns appeared and were then made tameable for all hunters. Really didn't see that coming and I think they're beautiful.
Here, here! (agreed)

Still though, I'd love to see one (or more) of the following: Stone Direhorns, Kunchongs, Pythons, Pterrorwings, Hellhounds and BATS.

Plus, although I wouldn't tame them (maybe), I'd love to see these available for everyone else: Hydras, Mushan, Yaks.

I have a feeling that when/if Hydras DO come, they'll be introduced similar to the way Direhorns were. Just a hunch.

In any case I'm pretty damn happy with the pets I have now. :D

I REALLY wish they'd introduce a rare spawn (tracking one) on the Isle of Thunder.

That uses Tortos' skin.

I mean, something like "Spawn of Tortos" or something. Tracks all around the Thunder King's palace.

His tracks could even be like, rocks, to give it a Bombyx challenge.
I'm always down for more pets to track - I love that system of hunting pets.

Edit: added BATS to my list. I love bats, specifically, the new models datamined in the 5.2 PTR.
Last edited by Funk on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.