Hunter Talent Updates

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Re: Hunter Talent Updates

Unread post by Miacoda »

BLIZZARD.
COULD YOU NOT.

I use that so much along with silencing shot uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. *facedesk*

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I've been using Binding Shot a lot in my raiding, recently. It's even more useful on Horridon than Silencing Shot would be (we have way more than enough interrupts). I'm going to be really sad to lose it. :/

(I'll try not to groan about how they're shuffling everything around and making changes 3 major patches in...)
(ALSO I'LL TRY NOT TO GROAN AT PVP BASICALLY BEING THE MAIN REASON THINGS GET CHANGED SO MUCH AND IT AFFECTS MY PVE)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Sigh... really? I love intimidation mostly for the joy it brings me in pvp but I like using it in pve to. Is this how they are reacting to the whole hunter bloat issue? make one spec only, take the one that used to be spec only and force people to choose..

Most people would go for SS every time over intimidation.. I am sorry but its true. Intimidation is great for pvp but on bosses.. yah. I thought they didn't want to have people always be forced into one thing and to have options? I agree with everyone else have SS baseline and let people choose between the others. BM losing two stuns... really? I don't understand why.. if its the whole pvp crap thing ill be very annoyed. I wish they could do something to make pvp stay pvp and pve stay pve.. just baseline abilities when one pvps..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Junrei wrote:but I think some are being a bit too dramatic about this.
Am I overly dramatic? Perhaps I am. But it's one way to get heard. You dispel some of the more outrageous claims and then look at the more reasonable ones and notice something really is off.
It is true though that I feel like a lot of stuff that made me love hunter class got removed or changed and now I'm mainly left with "pets" and my paranoic fear of getting damaged is satisfied.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zhinru wrote:
Am I overly dramatic? Perhaps I am. But it's one way to get heard. You dispel some of the more outrageous claims and then look at the more reasonable ones and notice something really is off.
It is true though that I feel like a lot of stuff that made me love hunter class got removed or changed and now I'm mainly left with "pets" and my paranoic fear of getting damaged is satisfied.
You're not the only one and I believe some are well justified to feel as they do but while these things are terrible changes, some people are acting like it's the end of the world and it's more than one person doing it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Junrei wrote:
Zhinru wrote:
You're not the only one and I believe some are well justified to feel as they do but while these things are terrible changes, some people are acting like it's the end of the world and it's more than one person doing it.
*nods to Junrei* It's one thing to be a squeaky wheel and another to act like the world is ending. The latter tends to get even the most justified of arguments ignored.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

IMHO, Silencing shot should had been made a baseline skill learned at level 84 where AOTF once learnt at, while an improved version of intimidate (maybe a fear spell for hunter?) replacing SS as the talent, removing it from BM tree.

And to make it 'more balanced' add a 4-10(?) second cooldown between SS and pet's silence skills. Is that viable?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Zhinru wrote:Am I overly dramatic? Perhaps I am. But it's one way to get heard. You dispel some of the more outrageous claims and then look at the more reasonable ones and notice something really is off.
*nods to Junrei* It's one thing to be a squeaky wheel and another to act like the world is ending. The latter tends to get even the most justified of arguments ignored.
Mhmm. I feel some need to take a deep breath. These changes aren't the end of the world and this stuff isn't even live yet. We just let Blizzard know how we feel before anything is set in stone. They are listening. They always fiddle with stuff on the PTR.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

All I want to ask here is: what is Intimidation being replaced by? Or are we simply losing an ability straight-up?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope

Kurasu wrote:All I want to ask here is: what is Intimidation being replaced by? Or are we simply losing an ability straight-up?
If by "we," you mean BM hunters, yes.

Intimidation moves from BM to the talent list. (So BM can still can it, but BM is down one ability.)
Binding Shot moves from the talent list to MM. (So MM actually gained an ability.)

YouTube Edition

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kalliope wrote:
Kurasu wrote:All I want to ask here is: what is Intimidation being replaced by? Or are we simply losing an ability straight-up?

Intimidation moves from BM to the talent list. (So BM can still can it, but BM is down one ability.)
Binding Shot moves from the talent list to MM. (So MM actually gained an ability.)
I do mean it, yes.

And yes, at the *moment* that is what's happening. But I mean in the *long run*, is that what's going to happen, or are they going to add something?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope

Kurasu wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

I do mean it, yes.

And yes, at the *moment* that is what's happening. But I mean in the *long run*, is that what's going to happen, or are they going to add something?
Can't tell; we don't have a crystal ball. :)

YouTube Edition

Tyrith
Realm: Perenolde

Unread post by Tyrith »

Beast Cleave is *amazing* on the PTR, as is Blink Strikes. Very good changes!

Thanks to Vephriel for the great new signature and avatar. =D
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

"Wild Quiver (New) Deals ranged weapon damage. Requires Crossbows. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 100 yd range."

What the f*** is this nonsense??? :mrgreen:

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Datamining shenanigans, I suspect. I wouldn't be concerned.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Myzou wrote:
Derax wrote:Maybe it was just me but I never once used intimidation. It was a compleltly wothless spell to me didn't even have it on my action bar. What am I missing?

Also I am confused why everyone is saying no more soloing anything. I solo all the rares without intimidation and all the old raids even with bosses being immune to growl which I agree sucks but doesn't make it impossible.
Please, explain to us how you solo Pandaren Rares without intimidation. ;)

Just DPS? really. Now, saying that, I'm terrible at using interrupts, and such, but all the rares are soloable by a dps rush except for the few top ones, specifically the one in Dread Wastes, and the one in the Vale. Those give me many headaches, so I skip those.

Even then, with enough gear, should be able to get them down with fewer interrupts still.

All that said...

The changes to Binding and Intimidation really make no sense.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope

Slickrock wrote:The changes to Binding and Intimidation really make no sense.
Agreed. I really don't understand why Blizzard doesn't want to give silencing shot to hunters across the board. Is it too powerful? I thought the increased cooldown was intended to counter that.

But I'm getting redundant; made these points earlier in the thread. I just wish I understood the reasoning.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Slickrock wrote:The changes to Binding and Intimidation really make no sense.
Agreed. I really don't understand why Blizzard doesn't want to give silencing shot to hunters across the board. Is it too powerful? I thought the increased cooldown was intended to counter that.

But I'm getting redundant; made these points earlier in the thread. I just wish I understood the reasoning.
We all do. It's confusing. Even my friends who don't play hunters are tilting their heads.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

<--is a very sad panda (blood elf, but whatever)

I use Binding Shot a LOT when I solo.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Ril
Realm: Dun Morogh EU

Unread post by Ril »

i really dislike the binding shot change. it was for once a handy tool that felt "right" and a viable alternative to silencing shot in many situations (tortos anyone?). now we'll simply pick silencing shot and forget about the other two choices.

people on US realms, please do give feedback on the official ptr forums and whatnot. it'll be more effective than the EU forums ever could be.

ps: of course a baseline silencing shot would be preferrable but imho it is more important to keep the binding shot option open for every spec, not the sub par bottom line one only... -.-