Hunter Talent Updates

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Hunter Talent Updates

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I want them to revert the Intim talent change. Give me my damn intim back, or else make silencing shot baseline to all specs and put something else across from intim in the talent tree.

Grr.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Another CM (Can't remember which one. >_<) also commented on the fact Silencing Shot seemed too mandatory, even with intimidation.

That may mean they may remove Silencing Shot altogether though. He didn't say anything about what they might do, only that they fear too many players would choose it over anything that gets put with it.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I still don't understand why they don't just make SS mainstream for all specs. Just replace SS's spot with Intimidation so it goes "Intimidation" "Wyvern Sting" "Binding Shot". This would make a lot more sense to me that what they are doing now. :mrgreen:

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, exactly. I think that'd be the best solution overall, and would be a much better balance between the talent options. Hell, I might even go for Binding for once.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rawr wrote:I still don't understand why they don't just make SS mainstream for all specs. Just replace SS's spot with Intimidation so it goes "Intimidation" "Wyvern Sting" "Binding Shot". This would make a lot more sense to me that what they are doing now. :mrgreen:
I'd be okay with that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Me too
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up (or maybe I missed it), but blink strike becoming passive is (in theory, I haven't played the ptr) potentially a pretty major nerf
to BM pvp. Everyone is all stoked about it (and I do look forward to having a keybind back), but the changes mentioned in this thread reminded me of that fact and lead me to believe that a nerf to burst was the intention with blink strike. No intimidation, no blink burst. Sad days.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Helsinki wrote:I'm surprised this wasn't brought up (or maybe I missed it), but blink strike becoming passive is (in theory, I haven't played the ptr) potentially a pretty major nerf
to BM pvp. Everyone is all stoked about it (and I do look forward to having a keybind back), but the changes mentioned in this thread reminded me of that fact and lead me to believe that a nerf to burst was the intention with blink strike. No intimidation, no blink burst. Sad days.
The intent was to give hunters an option to remove one button from their rotation.

The burst nerf was just a side effect.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Myzou wrote: The intent was to give hunters an option to remove one button from their rotation.

The burst nerf was just a side effect.

I believe it was a duel effect, they still wanted to reduce BM's burst further, due to BS also being effect by readiness.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

I would imagine that while it is a burst nerf, the overall sustained damage would be higher. So you have a choice between the burst of AMoC/LR or the sustained damage.

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, I imagine over the long run, BS will be better dps... I was thinking about this; the AI is not so good when it comes to your pet staying on targets. Mine runs back to me a lot and then has to run back to its new target. Blink Strike will definitely improve this downtime in a direct fashion, as my pet will be able to just suddenly BE at the new target. Then again, I hate PVP so as long as I have a couple of buttons to hit during burn phases, I'm not all THAT concerned about burst.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

I really don't mean to pull things away from the foul-crying over Intimidation being removed from BM (it annoys me intensely too), but has anyone actively tested the DPS differences of the new blink strike vs lynx rush? I'd love one less button to push, which means I am hungrily eyeing this new Blink Strike, but if it's really awful in comparison I won't be able to justify using it. I PVE pretty much exclusively, so PVP burst isn't one of my issues. ^^;
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Albain wrote:I really don't mean to pull things away from the foul-crying over Intimidation being removed from BM (it annoys me intensely too), but has anyone actively tested the DPS differences of the new blink strike vs lynx rush? I'd love one less button to push, which means I am hungrily eyeing this new Blink Strike, but if it's really awful in comparison I won't be able to justify using it. I PVE pretty much exclusively, so PVP burst isn't one of my issues. ^^;
In femaledwarf sims, the new Blink Strike gives at least 1k more DPS than Lynx Rush. This would be in PvE. I'm probably making the change when the patch goes live.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

That sounds fantastic to me. One less button to push, with better DPS. I wonder if it'll edge BM towards favoring mastery over crit.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

wups. Reference to something that isn't a talent, ne'mind.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Not a talent change (per say), but...
Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%.
Dahell?
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

That's just over a half-second, for a 60 second cooldown ability! So if it's normally 1 minute, now it's 59.6 seconds! yay!

Wait what? What the heck is the POINT of giving this ability at all now?
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Myzou wrote:Not a talent change (per say), but...
Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%.
Dahell?
Goodbye BM, PVP finished you off. You will be missed.

Considering the damage differential between BM and SV before this, no good reason not to roll SV now instead, or maybe even MM.

Edit:

The buffed Rabid:
Rabid now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min.
So they took BM's pet attack haste and gave it to the other specs. SV spec inc.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Reading the forums has said they intend to get rid of the reduction entirely, not just to 1%. I really, really get tired of PVP nerfs messing with my PVE. I suspect PVPers feel the same about PVE.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Another talent taken away from BM.

Good thing I have the warlock experiment going.
Account has been closed at user's request.