Hunter Talent Updates

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Hunter Talent Updates

Unread post by Maizou »

That's probably the point. To make a choice.

Binding Shot was used by rarely anyone outside of taming Degu.

Intimidation will make people choose between a CC, a Stun, and a Silence.

I still think Silencing Shot needs to become Baseline though. As I said in the hunter bloat thread, remove Scare Beast, create Scare Creature, and replace Silencing Shot in the talent tree with it. That would leave a Fear, a Stun, or a Sleep. Much more stable.

@Cow: Scatter Shot the first spin. Intimidate the second spin. Scatter the third spin. Readiness. Scatter the 4th spin, Intimidate the 5th spin, scatter the 6th spin. Even in ilvl450 gear, you can kill the highest level pandaren rares in 6 spins.

However, thinking about this, it can't have to do with the Pandaren Rares. You can't have silencing shot with intimidation.

Great, now hunters can't solo the pandaren rares as any spec.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The intimidation change has got to be the dumbest thing they have ever done. It's taking away one of the core abilities of the BM spec and forcing us to make a choice whether to have it or not. I don't get upset at Blizzard very often but this stupidity has me seeing red.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Myzou wrote:
@Cow: Scatter Shot the first spin. Intimidate the second spin. Scatter the third spin. Readiness. Scatter the 4th spin, Intimidate the 5th spin, scatter the 6th spin. Even in ilvl450 gear, you can kill the highest level pandaren rares in 6 spins.

However, thinking about this, it can't have to do with the Pandaren Rares. You can't have silencing shot with intimidation.

I'm not BM and I don't want to change my spec to kill a damn rare that was killable before the last patch! I should not have too! Their spinkick only became a problem in the last patch before then they where easy.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

cowmuflage wrote:
Myzou wrote:

I'm not BM and I don't want to change my spec to kill a damn rare that was killable before the last patch! I should not have too! Their spinkick only became a problem in the last patch before then they where easy.
Yes, I know. I'm not happy either.

They're literally impossible to kill as a warlock now.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Myzou wrote:Binding Shot was used by rarely anyone outside of taming Degu.
That right there is untrue. Encounters involving stuns on great many mobs at once this would do well on.

There are other stuns available to BM than intimidation, but it means a pet swap, which is dodgy.

I get that forcing us to make harder choices is a noble goal, but I don't see the advantage to binding shot being MM only. Marks already has built-in slows, why should it be the spec that gets a built in AoE stun too? It made more sense as an option.

Silencing shot should be the utility ability made baseline and let that be the end of it. The other choices are far more compelling then. Aside from shadow priests, I can't think of any spec-based silences - and that one comes from shadow being the only dps spec available to priests. It makes no sense to me why the devs won't make life easier on themselves that way. Choosing between binding shot, wyvern sting, and intimidation is a MUCH better choice.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Intimidation was so absolutely helpful as a BM, in any situation, and now it has to be chosen between it and SilS? I can only hope the backlash is enough to revert the change. But then again, there was a ton of backlash from the rare-avoidance change, and moot.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

So I can't have wyvern/ss and intimidation at the same time anymore? (like right now I have wyvern and intimidation)

Excuse me for this but...

WAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Qinni wrote:So I can't have wyvern/ss and intimidation at the same time anymore? (like right now I have wyvern and intimidation)

Excuse me for this but...

WAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM?
I agree.
To the team who made these changes...
Have you FOUGHT the Brawler's Guild bosses as a BM hunter?? You need all the stuns you can get.

Change it back please, Blizzard!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Hunters used to be very powerful for soloing. So powerful I chose them over everything else.

And with all the recent changes? I'm starting to think like a vanity class (just collecting pets). I mean:
1) raid bosses are now immune to pet taunt - goodbye soloing old raids
2) AoE from Pandaria rares is exempt from Evasion, and silencing shot cd increased - goodbye soloing at the very least pandaren rares
3) making intimidation an alternative to silencing shot - just... what the actual f*?
4) BM specific: losing binding shot - goodbye soloing hozen rares

Hey, guys, I love having new shiny pets but not at the cost of completely castrating my soloing capabilities! Next we'll learn moths and gorillas lose their interrupt because we can get silencing shot.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

Maybe it was just me but I never once used intimidation. It was a compleltly wothless spell to me didn't even have it on my action bar. What am I missing?

Also I am confused why everyone is saying no more soloing anything. I solo all the rares without intimidation and all the old raids even with bosses being immune to growl which I agree sucks but doesn't make it impossible.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

While I don't like the new Blink Strike(I never liked it to begin with)....

Hunters can still solo hozen rares...I've done it WITHOUT binding shot multiple times.
Hunters still can solo old raids. Never used Intimidation....

I don't agree with them removing intimidation but I think some are being a bit too dramatic about this.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Derax wrote:Maybe it was just me but I never once used intimidation. It was a compleltly wothless spell to me didn't even have it on my action bar. What am I missing?

Also I am confused why everyone is saying no more soloing anything. I solo all the rares without intimidation and all the old raids even with bosses being immune to growl which I agree sucks but doesn't make it impossible.
Please, explain to us how you solo Pandaren Rares without intimidation. ;)
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Edit nevermind never read patch notes while tired. :X
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

We asked for Silencing Shot to be a part Hunter's arsenal instead of talent and they are making binding shot as MM only and removing intimidate from bm to replace it. /sigh.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Eh i'm not liking this change. Also I really want to know if the whole pet Growl thing is a bug or not. :evil: Yes I can still solo old raids but i'd like my pet to tank not me!

But back onto the point, Removing Intimidation from bm to make it a talent for everyone at 30 is just arg no.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Bosses have -always- been immune to pet taunt. It's to prevent them from accidentally pulling aggro when, say, you Stampede on a boss and suddenly the boss is spinning around like a top and the tank and/or raid leader is screaming at you and... well anyway. I think DKs and Army of the Dead are what originally were the reason for the decision but either way it's not one I've been ruffled about ever.

All you have to do is make a pet-MD macro. Open with that, you'll never miss growl in an old raid. And yes, bosses have always been immune to intim (as well as family-based stuns or interrupts).

To be honest, intim isn't much (read, any) use on Pandaren rares either because UNLIKE silencing shot, if you Intim them out of healing mists, they just immediately recast it. (I found this one out the hard way.)

Still, I do use intim, mostly for soloing Isle of Giants mobs for bones. Frankly, Intim needs to be made MORE potent, not less potent. Either that, or just remove the thing and replace it with something that isn't so damn conditional and frequently rendered moot. If they move it opposite SS there's no reason to ever take Intim because it works on a tiny fraction of the targets that SS does.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

I open up with my normal DPS rotation and when they cast healing mist I hit silencing shot and if I need it again I hit readiness and click Silencing shot, I have used Scatter shot also to interupt. Just have to DPS them down fast enough, I can say for a lesser geared player it maybe harder but you should still be able to do it. with silencing shot and scatter shot with the use of Readiness that is 4 interupts shouldn't need more.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I just want silencing shot to be available to all hunters without being a talent and replace treehe spot at level 30 with a passive that improve ccs, lie concussive shot, frost/freezing trap, scatter shot.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think the main problem is that they have effectively removed a cc from BM, and given it (in the form of binding) to MM.

Binding is also no longer avalible to SV or BM, which is sad because if you ask me Binding was a better, more reliable, safe, fun, aoe mechanic that was worthy of a tier choice (well mor so then a pet stun imo.)

We can't say that intimidation has been taken away from BM, because it is still an option, as it is for all specs. We could argue that BM has had intimidation forever, it's a class defineing ability! However so was silencing shot, and wyvern sting, and scatter, etc... and yes if you want it as BM you can still spec into it.

Others may even say, omg, look at how many buffs you got and your still complaining!

Yet.... on the last note, these buffs, will bring us up a little, but put us no where in front of any pack or situation, many of them (namly the aoe buffs) are quality of life and dont actually make any spec superior in any new way.

As for the removal of intimidation from BM and Bind being moved to MM, it does not overly suprise me, but it really just makes me wonder, I mean honestly.

They obviously do not like BM being prefered in PVP, ok we get it! Burst nerf after burst nerf, after burst nerf.... and now CC nerf. Pve constanlty changing/suffering as a result.
They Obviously like MM as being prefered in PVP, ok we get it! tweak after, addtion after, tweak after, addtion after... and now CC Buff. Though their Pve is benifiting from it, (which lets be honest, it was pathieticly reprsented due to how much work one had to put in to get less results than others, it was kinda shocking)

No other dps class has to spec into a silence, at the cost of a stun or other CC. As others have said and I'm going to agree with, lets just make SS base and be done with it, plz!

That way no one looses a CC and they are all evenly avalible to all specs. Put Binding, Intimidation and Wyvern on the same tier (they are CC are they not?) and then it's done.

I know it's there game, but I just, am at a loss sometimes.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Nachtwulf wrote:Bosses have -always- been immune to pet taunt.

Nope, they only implemented it mid DS. Hunters where using Distracting shot on Hagara HM and was making one of her mechanics too easy, they nerfed them all from that point, and even back dated some raid bosses.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­