Tameable baby direhorn

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Re: Tameable baby direhorn

Unread post by Qinni »

Sar wrote:Are these the younger looking hatchlings you guys are taming, or just the normal looking but quiet Direhorns?
I assume that is what they are doing in hopes that the skin will change on their tamed version. I tamed mine when the patch fire came out and I got to that area before it was open. >.< I just found out about this too so I don't know the fate of my little Choo.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Qinni wrote:
Sar wrote:Are these the younger looking hatchlings you guys are taming, or just the normal looking but quiet Direhorns?
I assume that is what they are doing in hopes that the skin will change on their tamed version. I tamed mine when the patch fire came out and I got to that area before it was open. >.< I just found out about this too so I don't know the fate of my little Choo.
Wain already posted earlier in the thread that a fix is confirmed to be coming, but we don't know the exact nature of the fix yet. So it's very doubtful that any of the hatchlings will make it to live. Hopefully that means Choo and the others white babies will be okay! Still waiting for the change to officially turn up on the PTR though. Likely we'll need a new build for that.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

so just to clear up.. this is normal direhorns marks as hatcling.. when tamed they become babies? mine did not....

Im comfussled

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalliope

Tårnfalk wrote:so just to clear up.. this is normal direhorns marks as hatcling.. when tamed they become babies? mine did not....

Im comfussled
On the 5.3 PTR, there are baby dire horns.
On live, there are normal dire horns in the same spawns with the same names.
In theory, normal dire horns with that id would become the babies when 5.3 arrives.

Of course, this is reportedly already fixed, so this is all very unlikely to actually happen, depending on the precise nature of the fix.

YouTube Edition

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

I think they should add baby direhorns that are tamable, they are cute as hell! we can only dream :(
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

direhorns could use the extra skins too alot of families need new skins especially sporebats
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Zangor wrote:direhorns could use the extra skins too alot of families need new skins especially sporebats
Standard bats need more skins.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Keilden wrote:
Zangor wrote:direhorns could use the extra skins too alot of families need new skins especially sporebats
Standard bats need more skins.
Standard bat has 5 colors while sporebats only have 3. Just saying.
Kalliope

This isn't the thread for this, guys. ;)

I'm sure there are people just itching for the new build and news (neither of which has arrived yet).

YouTube Edition

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

Unfortunately this has been fixed :( . I'll post a screenshot below of the direhorn currently on the ptr.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042513_201055.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042513_201055.jpg (388.96 KiB) Viewed 14249 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Equeon's post, which advocated hiding any unintended tames you find, has been deleted. If you suggest this again you'll sadly be taking a holiday from the forums. Please don't advocate this again as it is exploiting unintended behaviour.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

At least there's less heartbreak this way. It's worse to have the opportunity to get attached first.

And in regards to the removed post, not only is it unethical to hide something unintended, but keeping a secret on the internet is nearly impossible!

YouTube Edition

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

clearly you didnt know that i am actually a talking dog who can use a computer.....oh darn i guess your right you cant keep secrets on the internet ;)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I apologize for the post and will refrain from posting anything similar in the future, but I don't really see how it's an exploit.
I mean, if you ask me, keeping harmless appearance buff pets through the tame/kill/spam revive method (or any method) is much more of an exploit than taming a model that was changed on purpose. The appearance-buff glitch lasted for quite a while and has come up in many different forms, and ultimately was only removed when it was abused and affected gameplay.
(Not that I want those pets removed, I'm very grateful that the pets haven't been removed along with the glitched-method.)

Sorry! :oops:
Last edited by Equeon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Zangor wrote:clearly you didnt know that i am actually a talking dog who can use a computer.....oh darn i guess your right you cant keep secrets on the internet ;)
I'm from a different planet!

Yay I get to keep Choo the way he is!
Kalliope

Equeon wrote:I mean, if you ask me, keeping harmless appearance buff pets through the tame/kill/spam revive method (or any method) is much more of an exploit than taming a model that was changed on purpose. The appearance-buff glitch lasted for quite a while and has come up in many different forms, and ultimately was only removed when it was abused and affected gameplay.
It's more that your post was about covering up future discoveries in the hopes that they would slip through to live servers than determining what pets are "more" of an exploit. Both you just mentioned were exploits/bugs and needed to be reported, whatever the consequences for the pets.

There's always a best-case scenario, where we report something and Blizzard says "hey, you can keep it!" There's only one way to find that out, though.

YouTube Edition

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Kalliope wrote:There's always a best-case scenario, where we report something and Blizzard says "hey, you can keep it!" There's only one way to find that out, though.
Yeah, I basically figured that out right after I posted. :?
I suppose it is actually much better to submit everything "iffy" right away, and that way we can find out if it's a bug or not as soon as possible.

That way, we can
1. Not get too attached to pets that will be removed
2. In a related way, find out what new pets will be added as a fact! Better to have the collective reactions of "aw, darn" or "ooh, yes!" 1 week into the new build than 1 week before launch, with speculation all up until then...

Anyway, I think this entire experience of the baby direhorn calls for a new conversation.

Should "baby" creature models (baby crocs, baby cats, now baby direhorns...) ever be tameable? Why or why not?
Kalliope

Equeon wrote:
Kalliope wrote:There's always a best-case scenario, where we report something and Blizzard says "hey, you can keep it!" There's only one way to find that out, though.
I suppose it is actually much better to submit everything "iffy" right away, and that way we can find out if it's a bug or not as soon as possible.

That way, we can
2. In a related way, find out what new pets will be added as a fact! Better to have the collective reactions of "aw, darn" or "ooh, yes!" 1 week into the new build than 1 week before launch, with speculation all up until then...
Yup, exactly. :)
Equeon wrote:Anyway, I think this entire experience of the baby direhorn calls for a new conversation.

Should "baby" creature models (baby crocs, baby cats, now baby direhorns...) ever be tameable? Why or why not?
Sounds like a discussion that needs its own thread! :mrgreen:

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

We got to keep caterpillars and porcupines despite being bugs.

The point of the PTR is to test things. Not reporting bugs/errors you find goes against the entire point of playing on it.

Has the fix been done on the PTR yet?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Equeon wrote:

That way, we can

Anyway, I think this entire experience of the baby direhorn calls for a new conversation.

I don't think they should be tameable. Your pet is part of your damage dealing ability and should be the most powerful seeming version it can be. Using a baby just seems silly.