BM hunters getting nerfed big time!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hailic

BM hunters getting nerfed big time!

Unread post by Hailic »

Seen this yesterday and I do not like it one bit. I use Intimidation and silencing shot to be able to kill all the crazy chain healing spell spaming rares they have in MoP.
Talents
•Intimidation is now a Level 30 talent, replacing Blinding Shot.

Marksmanship
•Binding Shot is no longer a talent, just a Marksmanship spell.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: BM hunters getting nerfed big time!

Unread post by Quiv »

I keep hearing this is a nerf due to hunters using SS and Intim for control of these mobs that do so much casting (like the Pandaren rares).

Makes me wonder how I've been killing them as Survival all this time, tanking with a wolf?
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

No intimidation and silencing at once? Well, there goes half of my CC bursting

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

This is already being discussed here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 47&t=20672

Edit: Wow, self. Way to Engrish.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Leozero
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Leozero »

well if they make intimidation silence when the stun fails to land (ie mob is inmune to stun) should be fine with me, anyway i cant use intimidation on horridon mobs for example neither binding shot.

But... i do love binding shot, when placed correctly you cna have an instant aoe stun, used to drop it on will of the emperor on the middle and whenr ages passe dby got stuned and reset fixiate, was and still is wonderfull.

my point is that we will work that out, maybe you can use binding shot and intimidate as a talent or maybe use a nether ray they have a silence ability
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

This isn't so much a PVE nerf as it is a PVP nerf. Blizzard thought hunter CC was too good.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Leozero wrote:well if they make intimidation silence when the stun fails to land (ie mob is inmune to stun) should be fine with me, anyway i cant use intimidation on horridon mobs for example neither binding shot.

But... i do love binding shot, when placed correctly you cna have an instant aoe stun, used to drop it on will of the emperor on the middle and whenr ages passe dby got stuned and reset fixiate, was and still is wonderfull.

my point is that we will work that out, maybe you can use binding shot and intimidate as a talent or maybe use a nether ray they have a silence ability
Honestly, I'd rather keep silencing shot and use a pet with a stun. The cooldowns work out better that way.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!