The incomprehensibility of the bat nerf...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: The incomprehensibility of the bat nerf...

Unread post by Maizou »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Myzou wrote:GC just confirmed they reverted the DR between Scatter Shot and Trap due to the nerf of BM pet stuns.

There was no mention of stuns, he only tweeted "We nerfed some BM pet CC instead."

I give up with you. You nitpick everything. You know what he meant.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm sorry, no I don’t. :|

You are confusing 2 different things. This thread was about the individual nerf to the bats stun family ability,
Sonic Blast now has a 2 min cool down, up from 1 min.

GC said nothing about the Bat stun Nerf, only the nerf to BM CC. (Which yes it includes stuns) but this nerf to Bats is completely independent, it effecst MM and SV, and is what the topic of the original post is.

I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I'm just making sure that people have the right information, if that means I'm nit picking... I guess I should give up too :?
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Mon May 13, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Welcome to the life of a hunter.. get slightly above others, nerf right away, get overnerfed, see rage of people, blizz over buffs, see rage of other classes, nerf bat til we are dead.

But hey guys we suck but now we have 50 pets .. yah.. woot.. ......... sneaky way to hit us with a nerf bat. I just wish there was way to have that only happen for pvp, like it was a debuff or something..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well, as someone who has a 90 warlock -and- hunter, I can honestly say that while my voidlord is -infinitely- better than it used to be, it's pretty damn smushy compared to a hunter pet (not counting stuff like panda-rare-petsmashing). Warlock pets are great but they really aren't as tough and multipurpose as hunter pets. Even with the nerfs, I suspect this will still be the case, especially since hunters have glyphs and talents both for improving heals done. The warlock 'mend pet' requires the warlock to a) sacrifice life, b) not do anything else, like dps, and b) doesn't heal very much or very fast, so you should take that into account too.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Nachtwulf wrote:Well, as someone who has a 90 warlock -and- hunter, I can honestly say that while my voidlord is -infinitely- better than it used to be, it's pretty damn smushy compared to a hunter pet (not counting stuff like panda-rare-petsmashing). Warlock pets are great but they really aren't as tough and multipurpose as hunter pets. Even with the nerfs, I suspect this will still be the case, especially since hunters have glyphs and talents both for improving heals done. The warlock 'mend pet' requires the warlock to a) sacrifice life, b) not do anything else, like dps, and b) doesn't heal very much or very fast, so you should take that into account too.
Thanks. A good reality-check regarding this.
Account has been closed at user's request.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Patch 5.3 PTR - Build 16946
Spirit Mend now has a 30 sec cooldown, down from 40 sec.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

AdamSavage wrote:Patch 5.3 PTR - Build 16946
Well... on live, with the BM skill cooldown reduction (30%) it's 28 seconds.
If the change to 1% goes live, this would seem to be a sort of counter to that, making the cooldown be.... 29.7?

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Tsuki wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:Patch 5.3 PTR - Build 16946
Well... on live, with the BM skill cooldown reduction (30%) it's 28 seconds.
If the change to 1% goes live, this would seem to be a sort of counter to that, making the cooldown be.... 29.7?
That 1% is meant to be 0%, so it'll be 30 sec CD still.
kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Unread post by kiechae »

Nachtwulf wrote:Well, as someone who has a 90 warlock -and- hunter, I can honestly say that while my voidlord is -infinitely- better than it used to be, it's pretty damn smushy compared to a hunter pet (not counting stuff like panda-rare-petsmashing). Warlock pets are great but they really aren't as tough and multipurpose as hunter pets. Even with the nerfs, I suspect this will still be the case, especially since hunters have glyphs and talents both for improving heals done. The warlock 'mend pet' requires the warlock to a) sacrifice life, b) not do anything else, like dps, and b) doesn't heal very much or very fast, so you should take that into account too.
Heals are less powerful than absorbs & damage reduction. Not to mention warlocks can heal their pet to full with a 5 second cast (before haste), which can be cast on the move and will still heal even if the pet dies mid cast. Health funnel is not the equivalent of mend pet and should not be used in the same way.

Hunter pets are superior for their utility, not survivability (which is why all these pet nerfs are so confusing/irritating)

(To clarify, I'm not saying that hunter pets have poor survivability. They don't. They just don't have better survivability than warlock pets.)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

kiechae wrote:
Heals are less powerful than absorbs & damage reduction. Not to mention warlocks can heal their pet to full with a 5 second cast (before haste), which can be cast on the move and will still heal even if the pet dies mid cast. Health funnel is not the equivalent of mend pet and should not be used in the same way.

Hunter pets are superior for their utility, not survivability (which is why all these pet nerfs are so confusing/irritating)

(To clarify, I'm not saying that hunter pets have poor survivability. They don't. They just don't have better survivability than warlock pets.)
^ Pretty much this. Hunter pets should be equal to warlock pets if not better but thats just my opinion (a very biased one I'm sure!). These nerfs ergh!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

AdamSavage

Seems every pvp related spell with pets, is going to get nerfed to the ground.

Sting now has a 1.5 min cooldown, up from 45 sec.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm deeply concerned that the exotic ability "fixes" like the spirit mend change above, are not being reflected in the official patch notes.

Gonna have to try to spend some time on the PTR this weekend..
Account has been closed at user's request.
AdamSavage

Patch confirmed for Tuesday, 21st.

Dr. Who Video!