Blizzard…WHY?!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Deadblaster
Realm: Ragnaros,Ghostlands

Blizzard…WHY?!

Unread post by Deadblaster »

Please tell me this is a joke.

-Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%

if this is the real thing,then i will never play hunter again, because this would be proof of blizzard's hatred against bm hunters.This would be one of the most stupid nerfs blizz has ever done.
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Re: Blizzard…WHY?!

Unread post by Keilden »

Datamined info ain't always right.
Deadblaster

ye,i guess so.That nerf would get to many complaints if it was added.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

It's real. As has been posted in the other threads, there's a blue tweet.

@3v1lc0w @scmpoez Exotic Beasts no longer has the 30% reduced cooldown and pet CC abilities have had their cooldowns increased
Account has been closed at user's request.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

great...but warlocks and rogues can stun lock/fear you forever still. Makes sence..

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Deadblaster

Blizz has really done it this time then.making bm even more useless,both for pvp and pve.i guess I'm just gonna use bm for pet collecting and soloing. Blizz….hate you so much right now.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Deadblaster wrote:Blizz has really done it this time then.making bm even more useless,both for pvp and pve.i guess I'm just gonna use bm for pet collecting and soloing. Blizz….hate you so much right now.
It should be noted that BM was around the middle of the pack as far as numbers go before the patch, with MM and SV being MUCH lower, essentially, they're nerfing a barely-on-par spec to match the other class specs, which are very sub-par.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Gimlion wrote:
Deadblaster wrote:Blizz has really done it this time then.making bm even more useless,both for pvp and pve.i guess I'm just gonna use bm for pet collecting and soloing. Blizz….hate you so much right now.
It should be noted that BM was around the middle of the pack as far as numbers go before the patch, with MM and SV being MUCH lower, essentially, they're nerfing a barely-on-par spec to match the other class specs, which are very sub-par.
Bah..prob a good reason to be raiding (be it very casually) on my druid then...really over being the "poor cousin" in dps next to some OP warlock :/

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Oh Blizzard, they never fail on reaching a new low to me...

Looks like I'll be back to leveling alts again unless this changes.
Slickrock

I really am wondering if a lock can solo better than a hunter now... I'm gonna try.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Honestly? Now that voidlords/voidwalkers are good at keeping aggro, I'd be inclined to say yes, warlocks do solo better. Even though you wear cloth, your numerous self-heals, AOE, and damage output... well, my 89 'lock had a mis-pull in Dread Wastes and I was able to put down like eight klaxxi at once without panicking too much and came out of it at about 40% health. I think that probably would've killed any of my other alts, including my hunter.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Nachtwulf wrote: I think that probably would've killed any of my other alts, including my hunter.
Killed hunter? Killed hunter??? Pssssssh, how long have you been playing this class? *feigns death*
Slickrock

Nachtwulf wrote:Honestly? Now that voidlords/voidwalkers are good at keeping aggro, I'd be inclined to say yes, warlocks do solo better. Even though you wear cloth, your numerous self-heals, AOE, and damage output... well, my 89 'lock had a mis-pull in Dread Wastes and I was able to put down like eight klaxxi at once without panicking too much and came out of it at about 40% health. I think that probably would've killed any of my other alts, including my hunter.
Hmm.. my lock is now 80, so I'm hoping I can actually get to mobs and bosses now that don't die so fast that I never really learn the rotation. Bouncing back and forth between destro and afflic, since the demo playstyle really doesn't suite me (I macro too much stuff for demo to work well).

But sofar it looks like that even without demo, and with the correct T5 talent and the glyph, Voidlords could be quite strong...
kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Unread post by kiechae »

Slickrock wrote:I really am wondering if a lock can solo better than a hunter now... I'm gonna try.
In my opinion warlocks are better at soloing hardhitting, unkiteable mobs. It has to do with the way you summon a new pet. With a warlock you can summon while your pet is still out, you can summon the exact same pet that's already out, and it will spawn with 100% health. So if your pet is getting low on hp, you summon a new one at 100%. Whereas for a hunter, if your pet is getting low on health all you have to rely on is mend pet, and if it dies you can't run away and resurrect at the same time. You're going to get eaten.

As an example, my warlock can solo the young devilsaurs on isle of giants with very little difficulty. My hunter is a lot more sketchy and has much more downtime.

This nerf isn't really going to affect that part of soloing however. I can see it being a huge pain in the butt when soloing certain rare mobs (you know, the ones that heal and laugh at your pet's aoe reduction.)

It all seems really unnecessary to me.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Feign doesn't do you any good when the mobs are still more or less standing on your head after resetting. :P

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Nachtwulf wrote:Feign doesn't do you any good when the mobs are still more or less standing on your head after resetting. :P
That can be avoided if you watch where you're feigning. :)

(Easier said than done, of course....)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Id say Yes to the warlock solo v hunter solo. Ive seen a voidwalker tank the warbringers without issue...since the nerf I don't think a hunter pet can do the same...although i haven't tried with a healer. I did a few with a random 90 warlock and a 89 priest healing the voidy occastionally and all of them went smooth.

Shadowlands

kiechae

Unread post by kiechae »

Castile wrote:Id say Yes to the warlock solo v hunter solo. Ive seen a voidwalker tank the warbringers without issue...since the nerf I don't think a hunter pet can do the same...although i haven't tried with a healer. I did a few with a random 90 warlock and a 89 priest healing the voidy occastionally and all of them went smooth.
I've seen someone kill it with a turtle but he had very good gear (like heroic ToT stuff). I assume warlocks are able to do it with less gear than that; I was 2manning them with voidy before the nerf when my ilevel was around 450. My friend could solo them with 490.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

kiechae wrote:
Castile wrote:Id say Yes to the warlock solo v hunter solo. Ive seen a voidwalker tank the warbringers without issue...since the nerf I don't think a hunter pet can do the same...although i haven't tried with a healer. I did a few with a random 90 warlock and a 89 priest healing the voidy occastionally and all of them went smooth.
I've seen someone kill it with a turtle but he had very good gear (like heroic ToT stuff). I assume warlocks are able to do it with less gear than that; I was 2manning them with voidy before the nerf when my ilevel was around 450. My friend could solo them with 490.
Maybe I'm just the suckiest hunter ever but i'd love to know how he did this. I'm usually pretty good at working out solo stuff but not those (unless I kite them half way across the map to a town). My gears around the 509 mark so I'm not terribly geared...do voidies just ignore the smash or have lots and lots of hp compared to a defensive pet?

Shadowlands

kiechae

Unread post by kiechae »

Castile wrote:Maybe I'm just the suckiest hunter ever but i'd love to know how he did this. I'm usually pretty good at working out solo stuff but not those (unless I kite them half way across the map to a town). My gears around the 509 mark so I'm not terribly geared...do voidies just ignore the smash or have lots and lots of hp compared to a defensive pet?
Voidwalkers do ignore the smash, yeah.

The voidwalker actually has (for a 483 ilvl lock and hunter) 90k less health. Talented it has 45k less.

(I feel like I'm going really off topic here so that's the last about warlocks from me)