Pretty Panthera Needs a Name

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Pretty Panthera Needs a Name

Unread post by Astratia »

My New Kitty needs a name :)

Currently, no personality development, so I'm open to most names. Maybe something that emphasis his (oh yes, it's a him :) ) luminescent markings?

I usually lean towards names that have meanings behind them, and nothing too long.
Some Examples are:
Deimos - Devilsaur
Claydon - Boar
Seraph - Blue Spirit Tiger
Testudo - Turtle

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Pretty Panthera Needs a Name

Unread post by Teigan »

A selection form behindthename.com again, brought to you by my mad copypaste skills

AMAHLE m & f Southern African, Zulu
Means "the beautiful ones" in Zulu.

CALLISTUS m Late Roman
Late Latin name which was derived from the Greek name Καλλιστος (Kallistos) "most beautiful". This was the name of three popes (also known as Callixtus), including the 3rd-century Callistus I who is regarded as a saint.

CALOGERO m Italian
From the Late Latin name Calogerus which meant "beautiful elder" from Greek καλος (kalos) "beautiful" and γερων (geron) "old man, elder". This was the name of a 5th-century saint, a hermit of Sicily.

EIRIAN f & m Welsh
Means "bright, beautiful" in Welsh.

MINENHLE f & m Southern African, Zulu
From Zulu imini "day" and hle "beautiful".

ZAHI m Arabic
Means "beautiful, brilliant" in Arabic.

BASIR m Arabic
Means "wise" in Arabic. In Islamic tradition البصير (al-Basir) is one of the 99 names of Allah.

KAVI m Indian, Hindi
From a title for a a poet, meaning "wise man, sage, poet" in Sanskrit.

ZEKİ m Turkish
Means "intelligent" in Turkish, ultimately from Arabic ذكيّ (dhakiy).

MADOC m Welsh
Possibly derived from Welsh mad "fortunate" combined with a diminutive suffix.

SHIVA (1) m Hinduism, Indian, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Nepali
Derived from Sanskrit शिव (shiva) meaning "benign, kind, auspicious". Shiva is the Hindu god of destruction and restoration, the husband of the mother goddess Parvati. His aspect is usually terrifying, but it can also be gentle.

TAALAY m Kyrgyz
Means "lucky, happy" in Kyrgyz.

ASTROPHEL m Literature
Probably intended to mean "star lover", from Greek αστηρ (aster) "star" and φιλος (philos) "lover, friend". This name was first used by the 16th-century poet Sir Philip Sidney in his collection of sonnets 'Astrophel and Stella'.

HESPEROS m Ancient Greek
Means "evening" in Greek. This was the name of the personification of the Evening Star (the planet Venus) in Greek mythology.

HYPERION m Greek Mythology
Derived from Greek ‘υπερ (hyper) "over". In Greek myth this was the name of a Titan who presided over the sun and light. By Theia he was the father of the sun god Helios, the moon goddess Selene, and the dawn goddess Eos.

STERLING m English
From a Scottish surname which was derived from city of Stirling, which is itself of unknown meaning. The name can also be given in reference to the English word sterling meaning "excellent". In this case, the word derives from sterling silver, which was so named because of the emblem that some Norman coins bore, from Old English meaning "little star".

MELANTHIOS m Greek Mythology, Ancient Greek
Derived from Greek μελας (melas) "black, dark" and ανθος (anthos) "flower". In Homer's epic the 'Odyssey' this is the name of an insolent goatherd killed by Odysseus.

VARDAN m Armenian
Derived from Armenian վարդ (vard) meaning "rose", ultimately from Persian.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Well, if he has a devilish personality, you can call him Lucifer. Its literal meaning is "shining one" or "dawn bringer". Also, interestingly enough, bioluminecent compounds are called luciferins.
Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

I've named all of my panthera after gemstones. Alexandrite, Azurite, Beryl, Carnelian, Larimar, and Topaz are the ones I chose. There are so many pretty stones out there, why not utilize the names? :)

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa