Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:I'm trying to remember when, I think it had something to do with Cata' "new" lighting effects or the likes, but oddly enough it's almost looks like a masking issue. It really obvious on some models sadly :|
Veph covered it here I belive ----> http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5780
Thanks! I'll take a look at it and see if I can pass anything along :)
Tårnfalk wrote:It looks to me like wow is building their game less and less around really casual players and more and more around PvP and large guilds which have a raid schedule...
i do love wow for the hunter class and but tbh... i feel less appriciated as a casual player in a 2 person guild with no desire for normal raids... i just want to quest, and do achivement which i can do solo... i dont care if it takes along time to do.. aka the insane title... as long as i can do them solo.
If WoW keeps this up im afraid i will have to look for a new game... i feel sadden that they nerf bm and stampeede... i understand the pvp issues but why couldn´t they just scale that in pvp then....
ugh have a empty feeling inside :(
Solo play is usually very forgiving. Even if the changes are ultimately a net nerf, I seriously doubt they'll impede your questing and achieving. But also remember this is the early PTR and hunters could be adjusted 20 more times before 5.4 comes out. It's a bit premature to be 'feeling empty' ;)
hehe i was feeling a bit down when i wrote that... feeling sorry for myself these days due to my knee being torn up.. so fare wow is the game which best let me play solo in a mmo content... the only thing which i am going to miss is my 5 x healing from stampeede pet.. i accually use that quite alot when soloing.... and silence shot.. cause i always been a bm and always will be.. i guess i just end up taking pet stun again.. will that work on bosses now they remove silence from bm or do we have to have a gorilla or moth?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, it is a fair complaint that while they are keeping our dps even sofar, they are doing it at the expense of variety and utility for hunters. If they continue to listen to the PVP QQ, our entire toolbox will be Arcane and Steady/Cobra, with no real utility to speak of.

I feel for anyone doing purely solo content that doesn't have the raid gear ilvl boost to compensate for the things they are stripping away.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Godamnit Stampede. Gonna have to bring forward my OS3D 25 attempt sooner than I'd like which means zerging my lower Hunter round to get her gear up. Great.

Scenarios are about all I bother with now as Raids are still boring as heck for me :/
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think by fur issue they mean the strange black keyline around the jagged fur. It makes the older models look really bad because you can see the jagged square pixels that comprise the edges of the 'perforated' polygons super easily.

Though... I have a suspicion I'm actually -responsible- for Moon Moon existing ingame. I saw the meme go across my tumblr and rolled a worgen druid on MG named MoonMoon, and posted about her. I actually deleted her a few weeks later because I was all 'hurp a meme is not a reason to roll a class I don't like' but... haha. Now I'm sorry I did. I imagine that since my post was flagged as WoW stuff it pinged Blizzard's social media radar.

(It's here btw. http://scarletdisciple.tumblr.com/post/ ... -as-she-is )
Last edited by Nachtwulf on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i have the feeling that the corrupted vale may be more a phased thing than for everyone. blizzard has never deleted entire daily areas before and apparently with the change GL daily quests are no longer doable. it will probably be a phased thing for players who complete a quest or two for patch 5.4
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Zangor wrote:i have the feeling that the corrupted vale may be more a phased thing than for everyone. blizzard has never deleted entire daily areas before and apparently with the change GL daily quests are no longer doable. it will probably be a phased thing for players who complete a quest or two for patch 5.4
Or they can just simply relocate them/redo them. It wouldn't be hard to be honest. I don't see them making the GL dailies disappearing as a phased thing because that means some people would wait quite a while to see the new content and Blizzard wouldn't want that. more likely they move the dailies or just create new ones. I think this is especially true since some people I know still farm those dailies for gold even once exalted since they're all relatively in the same spot and reward quite a bit of gold easily.

ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Found Portent on the 5.4 PTR, sorry the screenshot isn't as good as it could be. Moving mobs and the PTR randomly disconnecting you doesn't give you much options (For those of you who are skeptic and think that I fabricated this, I had a hunter's mark on him if you look at his back it's oddly going into his back. Good thing it isn't a real arrow, that would hurt).

Still patrolling HIS Vale.
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sha of Pride invadin HIS Vale? Pfft. Portent don't give a f***....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Of COURSE green Portent would be up...

*ahem*

Good work. ^^

So that appears to be on the west side of the Vale, yes? How far east does he travel? :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Portent had so much pride that it allowed the sha to manifest in the vale......but portent dont give a $@%^
Slickrock

Zangor wrote:i have the feeling that the corrupted vale may be more a phased thing than for everyone. blizzard has never deleted entire daily areas before and apparently with the change GL daily quests are no longer doable. it will probably be a phased thing for players who complete a quest or two for patch 5.4
Don't be too sure about that, the Blue posts and tweets seem to be indicating that this change is for all. They don't mention phasing.
ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Kalliope wrote:Of COURSE green Portent would be up...

*ahem*

Good work. ^^

So that appears to be on the west side of the Vale, yes? How far east does he travel? :)
He is only traveling the western side of the vale now, he refuses to go anywhere near the Sha infested zones, he goes from the mogu camp in the southern part up towards the north west one then patrols back, I'd have a more accurate description, but the server is being a bit...disconnect with me. I also managed to get a small sight of the new "rare" quest mobs currently the General guy is patrolling in the southern Mogu camp Portent moves around.
Last edited by ShootsAlot on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Made a thread on the MMO-Champion forums with the images of the weapons that should drop in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid currently in the files.

It's here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/130 ... MG-heavy-)

It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but you can still see what it is, so I guess it's not -that- big of an issue.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Slickrock

Qraljar wrote:Made a thread on the MMO-Champion forums with the images of the weapons that should drop in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid currently in the files.

It's here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/130 ... MG-heavy-)

It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but you can still see what it is, so I guess it's not -that- big of an issue.
Nice work!!! Thanks!

Based on the models and the bosses we know of, looks like the gun will drop late in the raid, and the bow/xbow early, as the first fights will be in the Vale, and the later fights lead to Org.
Kalliope

ShootsAlot wrote:He is only traveling the western side of the vale now, he refuses to go anywhere near the Sha infested zones, he goes from the mogu camp in the southern part up towards the north west one then patrols back, I'd have a more accurate description, but the server is being a bit...disconnect with me. I also managed to get a small sight of the new "rare" quest mobs currently the General guy is patrolling in the southern Mogu camp Portent moves around.
Smart doggie.

Thanks muchly! :) Will have to track him down myself once servers are more stable.

YouTube Edition

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

HunterFTW wrote:
Shalyth wrote:Why can't we have pretty places in WoW? Why must Blizz raze every beautiful environment aside from Moonglade (hopefully they don't decide to trash that place), Feralas (also hoping they don't trash that place any more than they already did with places like Feathermoon Stronghold) and restored central Hyjal?
thats what war does.they distory everything we hold dear.
Yea but still, its like Blizz is purposely doing it now to all the places that people go 'oh wow, look how gorgeous that landscape is!'. It's killing me, I don't want every zone in WoW to be torn to shreds like this but they're doing it. I had high hopes Pandaria would have at least a few beautiful places and they up and utterly wreck Jade Forest right off the bat via the quest lines (thankfully I can avoid doing them....) and Krarasang in 5.1... Thankfully aside from where the wall broke, Four Winds is still relatively untouched but I'm not expecting that to last long. And currently Vale is being ripped to bits. I wish Krarasang regarding Dominion Point/the ally equivalent was phased so I could decide whether I wanted it to be war torn or not.

Hopefully Vale is phased. Unfortunately the only character I go to Vale with for the landscape is my blood elf hunter who has already reached exalted with the lotus and completed all the quests. So sadly, even if it's phased, she will forever be stuck seeing the destruction ;_; No more pretty screenshots with her golden serpent. I'm finding fewer and fewer places to just play the game without seeing war machines or gouged earth. Fewer and fewer places to just relax in a spot or a zone for a few hours and solo roleplay with my pet and enjoy the zone's music.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

*crying*

Attachments
suntenderheart.png
suntenderheart.png (496.49 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
funk#1402

Kalliope

And that is why we are dropping the dailies....

YouTube Edition

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

He Softfoot and Rook Stonetoe are the other two.

:c

Sorry to be editing so much but I found this also...

"Bringing all three Protectors to 1% health simultaneously will restore clarity to their clouded minds."
Attachments
fallenprotectors.png
fallenprotectors.png (558.42 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
Last edited by Funk on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Kalliope wrote:And that is why we are dropping the dailies....
There's a few dailies available to me at Setting Sun Garrison.... So not all of the Golden Lotus has fallen. There's a few more than just the ones shown in the picture, though.

Man I'm super sad now though.
Attachments
dailies.png
dailies.png (389.08 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
funk#1402