Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by Silivren »

Equeon wrote:
Dirty-Claws wrote:
Equeon wrote:Yeah, if you look at this video (best one I could find)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFPzC6X_94

The Paragons clearly do the death animation and don't get up or anything after the fight. :cry:

Well, in my mind, I'll just pretend they slunk off when the players moved on to the next boss, wounded and with hurt pride, deciding it would be best that they didn't worship Old Gods anymore.

I mean, how many times have we "killed" important NPCs, looted something from their dead corpse, only to see them show up in a future battle?
I don't want to kill them.. but I'm pretty sure if they die during the fight they're..well dead. I don't like that AT ALL but this was the same way I felt when Illidan died. I liked Illidan.. He could have just been imprisoned again but they chose to kill him..
Well, he was the "big bad" of BC, or at least for most of us. We knew we were going to fight him from the beginning. The Klaxxi, we befriended and grew to like, despite their odd ways, stormed the Heart of Fear and killed the Empress with their help, and then received an ominous warning. When I went on that little tour with Kil'Ruk, I figured "hmm, a possible continuation for a future expansion, with the Old Gods!" not "oh lol raid boss in 2 patches"
To be fair just because he was the big bad didn't mean he had to die. He could have been imprisoned again but Blizz likes killing everything. The Klaxxi did say that if the old gods came back they'd side with them. Whether this is voluntary or just how they're "programmed" I dont know but they did warn us. It doesn't make me any less sad but instead it just proves my point of "kill it".

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Yea, I thought so too :(

I will miss them. I've grown really fond of them through the questing (the only zome I did on all of my alts) and dailies (the only ones I kept doing after revered, just because I liked them so much).
The Wastes became my 2nd fav zone in Pandaria, just after Kun-lai (but it's just because Grummles. Nothing beats Grummles), at lest from the point you get flying on. Without flying - it trully feels like a place you're not supposed to be, and I tip my helmet to Blizz for making the gameplay reflect the lore in that.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)