Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by Quiv »

With the exception of the Bombling, those shown in the above screenshot are listed as Timeless Isle drops atm on PTR. Most assuredly a typo, given that Siege fits way better.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

So many new companion pets.. I still haven't had the chance to pet battle :\ I am missing so many.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

And now the other two spirit beast porcupine models are becoming battle pets too:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/148427-veng ... 7205-17227
http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/148530-harm ... 7205-17227

Normally, I'd be okay with it, but these are the only spirit beast models we've had all expansion, and lots of people say "we should not want a certain pet as spirit beast because a certain class/race/feature already utilizes that model".. so yes, I actually think this is stupid.

Maybe it's petty, but eh.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Qraljar wrote:And now the other two spirit beast porcupine models are becoming battle pets too:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/148427-veng ... 7205-17227
http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/148530-harm ... 7205-17227

Normally, I'd be okay with it, but these are the only spirit beast models we've had all expansion, and lots of people say "we should not want a certain pet as spirit beast because a certain class/race/feature already utilizes that model".. so yes, I actually think this is stupid.

Maybe it's petty, but eh.
It does seem a little unfair that the Celestial models are a lot more "flashy" as the made-ghostly and recolored porcupine models, but then they are making Celestial mini pets too so it's hard to complain. I just wish we had gotten something as flashy as Loque or Terrorpene this expansion, the alternate colored Pandarian beast models are cool and all but we haven't had much on the flashy side this time around. I guess the mana wyrms do sort of count.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Guess they are now working on the numbers pass, Steady/Cobra and Arcane shot got a small buff. Guess its better than just another AotH buff....

Disregard that just a tooltip fix. No numbers pass yet.

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Derax wrote:Guess they are now working on the numbers pass, Steady/Cobra and Arcane shot got a small buff. Guess its better than just another AotH buff....

Source?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Derax »

Slickrock wrote:
Derax wrote:Guess they are now working on the numbers pass, Steady/Cobra and Arcane shot got a small buff. Guess its better than just another AotH buff....

Source?

MMOChampion and also if you check ingame u will notice they already have these values. Minus Arcane Shot which reads 110% but they previously buffed Arcane shot on a PTR build this is a tooltip for that build on PTR. So no actual new buffs.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've searched, but there's so much info on the new patch, i came up empty handed. What are the item lvl req's for the new lfr?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

ATM 496. Thats also the item level of the timeless items that drop on the Timeless Isle (they can be upgraded with a special item to become 535).
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

So. All the changes to RPPM trinkets and haste effects, sounds like they are REALLY trying to tone down burst, so who knows what the better trinkets will be when this is all said and done. Don't vendor any current trinkets that aren't BIS for you now, they might be after Blizz is done.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Quivering wrote:ATM 496. Thats also the item level of the timeless items that drop on the Timeless Isle (they can be upgraded with a special item to become 535).
Ty.:)
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

can someone please explain me what the deal with this is?
Glyph of the Lean Pack now reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 33 yards, up from 7.

is it somehow usefull for pvp or something? I don't get it.

Seems more like lets make aspect of the pack useless to use guys kinda thing.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

> Glyph of the Lean Pack now reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 33 yards, up from 7.

I can see this being useful for some things, to be honest.

How many times have you heard the tank yell "PACK OFF!" in a dungeon because you forget? Now, this won't be as common, because people who are further from you will no longer have the issue. If you forget, unless you're standing on top of the tank, you'll be the only one affected (or only a few close by you). Not ideal, since you're still forgetting, but at least it'll not end up with the tank being flattened.

Plus, if you want to have Pack on so that a clustered group in a dungeon/raid can move faster to stay out of stuff, you can do it without the tank having to worry about taking stuns/slowdowns due to being whacked by the boss.

It's definitely something that you'll need to keep close for, but it's not *completely* useless for running in a group. You just have to keep close together, and *intend* to be affected by it, rather than *accidentally* affected.

Mind you, I can't see myself using it, since I have better glyphs to use in its place. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

So basically its a classical huntard fix lovely >_>
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Myrrmi wrote: 5. Siege of Orgrimmar Bosses: Paragons of the Klaxxi
EXACTLY my reaction :|
Falconcrest wrote:Feh. I'm extremely upset about the Klaxxi Paragons. I don't raid, so I'll never get to see it for myself, but I still feel like my heart was torn out.
Same. I love Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver, one of my favorite WoW chars ever even before I read his story. I know they tell you they're all over Y'Shaarj (which... how does this make sense? They depose their Empress for being corrupt, yet they worship the old god? I'm a li'l confused)... But still, the idea that they actually -die- just sucks. They're all pretty damn good characters, they're great concepts (even if they're all just Rachni in Scyther bodies)... Ruined my night to find this out. I'll hope that somehow they survive the fight >.>

Wonder if this means the Mantid will go fully extinct.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Acherontia wrote:
Falconcrest wrote:Feh. I'm extremely upset about the Klaxxi Paragons. I don't raid, so I'll never get to see it for myself, but I still feel like my heart was torn out.
Same. I love Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver, one of my favorite WoW chars ever even before I read his story. I know they tell you they're all over Y'Shaarj (which... how does this make sense? They depose their Empress for being corrupt, yet they worship the old god? I'm a li'l confused)... But still, the idea that they actually -die- just sucks. They're all pretty damn good characters, they're great concepts (even if they're all just Rachni in Scyther bodies)... Ruined my night to find this out. I'll hope that somehow they survive the fight >.>

Unfortunately, they won't from what I've been hearing. They will die and this upset me. I adore all of the Klaxxi.....so much feels....

Shall we make a topic so we can all cry and mourn?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Acherontia wrote:

You're not the only one who loves Kil'ruk, Ach. I fell in love with him from the first moment I met him.

Sure he and the rest of the Klaxxi are jerks, but they're lovable jerks! They're such well developed characters, some of the best Blizzard has ever come up with. The mantid also have a culture I am genuinely interested in, and to see it all fall apart seems like just a huge waste. I didn't just cry when I heard that the Paragons are more than likely going to die, I sobbed, and it has been the only time I ever thought about cancelling my subscription because of how much it hurts. Go ahead and call me weird, but that's how I feel. It... still gives me a tight, uncomfortable feeling in my chest to think about this, even though (after being talked into it by friends) I've chosen to lock myself into my own headcanon rather than accept this horrible outcome.

And Junrei, I'm with you 100% on starting a separate topic about this. Damn it, I'm tearing up again...
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yeah, if you look at this video (best one I could find)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFPzC6X_94

The Paragons clearly do the death animation and don't get up or anything after the fight. :cry:

Well, in my mind, I'll just pretend they slunk off when the players moved on to the next boss, wounded and with hurt pride, deciding it would be best that they didn't worship Old Gods anymore.

I mean, how many times have we "killed" important NPCs, looted something from their dead corpse, only to see them show up in a future battle?
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Equeon wrote:Yeah, if you look at this video (best one I could find)

The Paragons clearly do the death animation and don't get up or anything after the fight. :cry:

Well, in my mind, I'll just pretend they slunk off when the players moved on to the next boss, wounded and with hurt pride, deciding it would be best that they didn't worship Old Gods anymore.

I mean, how many times have we "killed" important NPCs, looted something from their dead corpse, only to see them show up in a future battle?
I don't want to kill them.. but I'm pretty sure if they die during the fight they're..well dead. I don't like that AT ALL but this was the same way I felt when Illidan died. I liked Illidan.. He could have just been imprisoned again but they chose to kill him..

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Dirty-Claws wrote:
Equeon wrote:Yeah, if you look at this video (best one I could find)

I don't want to kill them.. but I'm pretty sure if they die during the fight they're..well dead. I don't like that AT ALL but this was the same way I felt when Illidan died. I liked Illidan.. He could have just been imprisoned again but they chose to kill him..
Well, he was the "big bad" of BC, or at least for most of us. We knew we were going to fight him from the beginning. The Klaxxi, we befriended and grew to like, despite their odd ways, stormed the Heart of Fear and killed the Empress with their help, and then received an ominous warning. When I went on that little tour with Kil'Ruk, I figured "hmm, a possible continuation for a future expansion, with the Old Gods!" not "oh lol raid boss in 2 patches"