Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ShootsAlot
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Re: Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

Unread post by ShootsAlot »

Myzou wrote:I half wonder...

We only fight 3 Klaxxi Paragons each week...

It's possible they AREN'T doing it on their own free will. Or it's possible they'll play the "The other 6 chose to betray Y'shaarj." card, and lore wise, none of them will actually be dead. Or they'll choose 3 to keep dead, and the other 6 stay on Azeroth to see how the other races live, free from the Old Gods, bringing on a new time of peace on Pandaria, where the Mantid and Pandaren work together.
I'm afraid not, we'll be fighting them all. If I the dungeon journal states this correctly "You will only face three Klaxxi Paragons at any time. The order in which Klaxxi Paragons will join the fight changes each week; but remains the same for the duration of the raid week.Any time a Klaxxi Paragon is defeated, any other active Paragons will heal to full and gain Paragon's Purpose. Defeating a Klaxxi Paragon causes the next Klaxxi Paragon to join the fight.." Only three Paragons are active at a time during the fight, which means when one dies or gets down to 1% another jumps right in if that's how the fight works. Consider it like the Ascendant Council, you only fight two at a time and when they drop to 25% the next two jump right in, this is just like that, except we'll be fighting 3 Paragons at a given time and when one is beaten, another comes in to take the weakened (or killed) paragon's place.
What did the buffalo say when his son left? Simple: Bison
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

ShootsAlot wrote:

It's possible they AREN'T doing it on their own free will. Or it's possible they'll play the "The other 6 chose to betray Y'shaarj." card, and lore wise, none of them will actually be dead. Or they'll choose 3 to keep dead, and the other 6 stay on Azeroth to see how the other races live, free from the Old Gods, bringing on a new time of peace on Pandaria, where the Mantid and Pandaren work together.
I'm afraid not, we'll be fighting them all. If I the dungeon journal states this correctly "You will only face three Klaxxi Paragons at any time. The order in which Klaxxi Paragons will join the fight changes each week; but remains the same for the duration of the raid week.Any time a Klaxxi Paragon is defeated, any other active Paragons will heal to full and gain Paragon's Purpose. Defeating a Klaxxi Paragon causes the next Klaxxi Paragon to join the fight.." Only three Paragons are active at a time during the fight, which means when one dies or gets down to 1% another jumps right in if that's how the fight works. Consider it like the Ascendant Council, you only fight two at a time and when they drop to 25% the next two jump right in, this is just like that, except we'll be fighting 3 Paragons at a given time and when one is beaten, another comes in to take the weakened (or killed) paragon's place.
*just plops on her butt as her eyes tear up. Then she begins to bawl like a baby*

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I don't like the idea of fighting the Golden Lotus members but the Klaxxi? Bring if on. It always seemed strange to me helping a bunch of talking cockroaches and then at the end they flat out admit that they can't be trusted. I'm dipping my arrows in RAID in anticipation. They are definitely my least favorite faction. I do like the mount they provided though.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Danielfboone wrote:I don't like the idea of fighting the Golden Lotus members but the Klaxxi? Bring if on. It always seemed strange to me helping a bunch of talking cockroaches and then at the end they flat out admit that they can't be trusted. I'm dipping my arrows in RAID in anticipation. They are definitely my least favorite faction. I do like the mount they provided though.
I grinding up to revered with them for shadopan which they made not require revered 1 day after, so I hope it is the golden lotus, those beaches made me waste lots of time >.<
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

ShootsAlot wrote:

I don't think you understood my post.

I was saying that it's possible that lore wise, only 3 of them will die. Like, they'll choose 3 to die, and the other 6 survive. As we only fight 3 each week.

We don't know the rest of the fight. They could be controlled. They could see the error of their ways after the first 3 die, and side with you over Y'shaarj which would be why you only fight 3, etc.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

if i recall correctly, one of the paragons did say that if ysharaaj ever returned the klaxxi would fight with him without question.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Tch. Everyone knows all bug races are evil. It's been a staple of sci fi/fantasy for a LONG time. The less like humans something is, the less likely they'll be on our side, and bugs are about as far as you can get.

I think the ONLY example I can come up with where this isn't true are the Thranx from Alan Dean Foster's Humanx novels, but that's pretty far back and I doubt anyone around here has read them.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Myzou wrote: I don't think you understood my post.

I was saying that it's possible that lore wise, only 3 of them will die. Like, they'll choose 3 to die, and the other 6 survive. As we only fight 3 each week.

We don't know the rest of the fight. They could be controlled. They could see the error of their ways after the first 3 die, and side with you over Y'shaarj which would be why you only fight 3, etc.
The point is, we don't fight only 3 of them each week. We fight all 9, but during the fight, only 3 are active at any time.

Think the Spirit Kings encounter from MV, just instead of 1 king you get a set of 3 paragons (more or less, another difference is the rotation rules). You start the fight with 3 paragons beating at you, and the remaining 6 "benched". When you kill one of the initial 3, one of the "benched" ones takes its place, and so on, untill you beat all 9 of them.

That they in fact enter the fight is sure, because the mechanics of the rotation (buffs to paragons upon the companion demise and pickupable buffs for the raid) are a huge part of the encounter.

However, I too hope we don't actually kill them, just beat the crap out of them and make them see that Garrosh is not much more of a Y'sharj than the Sha of Fear was. /hope

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

I just saw the little Yu'lon pet out by someone on the PTR - they mounted up and flew off before I could ask them how they got it. It -looked- like it was the pet.

In other news, little Niuzao appears to be coming as well! I guess it just took them longer to make his model.

Last time I checked the PTR he didn't show up under Battle Pets even though the others did.

Attachments
bbox.png
bbox.png (461.73 KiB) Viewed 11925 times
funk#1402

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Awww, yay! I was hoping we'd get a yak minipet. :)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

OMG so cuuuute! :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

While I'm very saddened to see some of my favorite characters in lore become my enemies.

GENERAL NAZGRIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I will say this, we've been through this entire expansion, praying that we'd someday get Spirit Beast versions of the four Gods of Pandaria, but instead we get these tiny little versions of them? come on now.

At this point it feels like Blizzard are using the Battle Pet system as a way to dismiss Hunter requests for new hunter pets.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'll take mini pets over hunter pets anyday. Why? Cause I can have them on ALL toons and enjoy them.

Plus I'm on the "I don't want lore character models tameable" team.
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

PorrasouxRex wrote:While I'm very saddened to see some of my favorite characters in lore become my enemies.

I will say this, we've been through this entire expansion, praying that we'd someday get Spirit Beast versions of the four Gods of Pandaria, but instead we get these tiny little versions of them? come on now.

At this point it feels like Blizzard are using the Battle Pet system as a way to dismiss Hunter requests for new hunter pets.
Erm. No offense but I believe we should be happy either way. Only one of the celestials even resembles a tameable model. I didn't think Blizzard would ever add them and I'm kinda glad they didn't. They're major lore characters on Pandaria. That just seems...kinda wrong. Hate my opinion if you like. It doesn't matter. I'm just excited I get a yak mini pet. I love Niuzao! :)

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Doctress wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:While I'm very saddened to see some of my favorite characters in lore become my enemies.

Erm. No offense but I believe we should be happy either way. Only one of the celestials even resembles a tameable model. I didn't think Blizzard would ever add them and I'm kinda glad they didn't. They're major lore characters on Pandaria. That just seems...kinda wrong. Hate my opinion if you like. It doesn't matter. I'm just excited I get a yak mini pet. I love Niuzao! :)
I'm one of those kinds of people that aren't into pet battles.

Here's a similar topic: I asked about the same subject with Malorne and the new stag model back in 4.2. Everyone raged about it, saying "Oh, it doesn't fit in with the lore" yet similar stag models were released in Pandaria. Mind you, not tameable yet.

Also, just because something is a Go- you know what, I shouldn't use the Loquena'hak example anymore. It's been waaay too long since Wotlk happened, and Blizzard always have different ideas/ideals in mind.

I just question the difference between Battle pets and Hunter pets. How Battle pets aren't lore breaking, and everyone accepts that now. While hunter pets are treated the exact same way. I get that it's a "mini-game" but is it so hard to include a tameable version of a Spirit Beast-like/Beast like model that I can have fight with me in THE ACTUAL GAME.

Epic battles using a unique looking beast? Fighting a raid boss or players with a cool looking pet? Oh no, we're going to waste an opportunity to use those models for players on mounts and mini-pets. Because somehow people accept that logic, but using them as a Hunter pet? Oh god, we crossed the line.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I have to agree with Porra. Pokewow pet versions of lore characters are fine, but hunter pet versions are not? Sorry, I don't buy that argument.

The bigger issue that is that there doesn't seem to be any design or development efforts going into new hunter pets anymore, while a TON of resources are going to Pokewow, and there are certainly places in the recent content where new pets could have been added.

However, looking at 5.4, there doesn't appear to be any relevant content points where new pets would makes sense. I fully expect that we won't see any new hunter pets in 5.4, and we'll have to wait for the new expac to see anything (despite Pokewow getting an entire island in 5.4....)

I don't have anything against the battle pets themselves, but I do believe that hunter pets have suffered as a result. (Does Noah even work for Blizz anymore, or was he kidnapped by the battle pet devs?)
Account has been closed at user's request.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I'm in the group where I don't feel lore characters should be hunter pets. Battle pets/companions are just an extra thing to me that has nothing to do with lore or classes and shouldn't even be compared to hunter pets (I have a mini Tyrael, totally WoW-related lol). Loque is the oddball cause he was the first I think, but never had anything like him again, and I hope we don't honestly. I'd love a nice model like him, but I don't want anything related to deity-like beings. I don't feel like hunters should be able to tame anything just cause it looks nice.

We have tons of pets, but it's never enough for some peeps lol. As much as I would like new pets, I don't think they need to always focus on making new things for one class. I do think they just need to finish adding hydras and perhaps stags, leaving Marlone's skin off-limits.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Battle pets/companions are just an extra thing to me that has nothing to do with lore or classes and shouldn't even be compared to hunter pets (I have a mini Tyrael, totally WoW-related lol).
This is the only thing I came here to say, woops. But yeah, there's a BIG difference between battle pets/mounts/all those cosmetic things and Hunter Pets, which are a lot less cosmetic. I mean, look at the battle pets we've been getting. Mini Tyrael? A val'kyr? A mini flame naga, of all things? These things can't really be explained in lore, because they actively go against lore. That's just how they work. Hunter pets, however, have always had a lean towards what actually makes sense. So it's okay to have a little god as a mini pet, because that's the kind of thing that we get as mini pets. Heck, we tote around dragon whelps all the time, and we know how smart they really are (looking at you Wrathion)! But as a hunter pet, well, that'd take a bit more explanation.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

These following pets appear to be rewards tied to the pet tournament on the Timeless Isle: Aspect of Chi-Ji: Flying, Aspect of Niuzao: Beast, Aspect of Xuen: Beast, Aspect of Yu'lon: Dragonkin.

Right now they all have the following abilities, which is subject to change in later PTR builds: Claw, Evanescence, Leap, Rend, Spectral Strike, Prowl.

....Right now they all have the following abilities, which is subject to change in later PTR builds: Claw, Evanescence, Leap, Rend, Spectral Strike, Prowl.....

..Claw, Evanescence, Leap, Rend, Spectral Strike, Prowl.....

..Spectral Strike :shock:

Spectral Strike
3 Turn Cooldown
50% Hit Chance

Strikes at the enemy with the power of a spirit beast, causing 40 Magic damage.

Always hits if the target is Blinded.

..Strikes at the enemy with the power of a spirit beast, causing 40 Magic damage......

..with the power of a spirit beast......

..spirit beast.....

..Spirit Beast.....

..SPIRIT BEAST!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*dies*

SB, are you TRYING to prompt a stampede? xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!