Hunter Changes in 5.4

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Hunter Changes in 5.4

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Notes from MMO Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/327 ... uild-17056

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 100% weapon damage plus 2,306 150% weapon damage plus 3,459 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 20 Focus. 40 yd range. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 25%, and reducing all damage taken by 15% 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. Replaces Aspect of the Hawk. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Binding Shot You fire a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards of the landing arrow for 10 sec. If targets move 5 yards from the arrow they are stunned for 5 sec (3 sec PvP) and will be immune to the effects of Binding Shot for 10 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec LvL 30 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.

Spirit Bond While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% 3% of total health every 2 sec. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent.

Beast Mastery

Exotic Beasts You master the art of beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and reducing the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 0%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

Marksmanship

Silencing Shot A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - LvL 30 Talent Marksmanship Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 24 sec cooldown.

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Mend Pet Gives your Mend Pet ability a 50% 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick. Major Glyph.
Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 20%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.

I'm very unhappy about Silencing Shot...:<
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Re: Hunter Changes on wednesday

Unread post by Gelannerai »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Notes from MMO Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/327 ... uild-17056

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 100% weapon damage plus 2,306 150% weapon damage plus 3,459 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 20 Focus. 40 yd range. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of an iron hawk, increasing ranged attack power by 25%, and reducing all damage taken by 15% 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. Replaces Aspect of the Hawk. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Binding Shot You fire a magical projectile, tethering the enemy and any other enemies within 5 yards of the landing arrow for 10 sec. If targets move 5 yards from the arrow they are stunned for 5 sec (3 sec PvP) and will be immune to the effects of Binding Shot for 10 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec LvL 30 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.

Spirit Bond While your pet is active, you and your pet will regenerate 2% 3% of total health every 2 sec. Hunter - LvL 45 Talent.

Beast Mastery

Exotic Beasts You master the art of beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and reducing the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 0%. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

Marksmanship

Silencing Shot A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - LvL 30 Talent Marksmanship Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 24 sec cooldown.

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Mend Pet Gives your Mend Pet ability a 50% 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from your pet each tick. Major Glyph.
Glyph of No Escape Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by 20%. Major Glyph. 100%. Major Glyph.

I'm very unhappy about Silencing Shot...:<
Wow. So Binding Shot is going back on the talent tree, replacing Silencing Shot, which will once again be MM only? I'm not sure Blizzard knows what to do with us at this point.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Silencing Shot is going to be MM only? I use it a lot, though... And Beast Mastery seems pretty useless, now...
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm quite dumbstruck at this point...not sure what they are doing or what we did to deserve this :S Did some hunter stop a blizz excutive from getting into art school or what? >.>

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

What....

That is even FURTHER backwards.

Silencing Shot is seriously key for hunters. Sigh.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kalliope wrote:What....

I too am dispapointed, just... erk.

I had a scout through other classes to see it they were pulling moving around others CC to try and balance/remove some from the game (as they have been saying there is too much CC these days)... but sadly I failed to see anyone else's CC be effected like this.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Kalliope wrote:What....

I too am dispapointed, just... erk.

I had a scout through other classes to see it they were pulling moving around others CC to try and balance/remove some from the game (as they have been saying there is too much CC these days)... but sadly I failed to see anyone else's CC be effected like this.
We're the only pure dps class that doesn't have its silence baseline as I recall. Sigh.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Guess we'll all be taking Intimidation, or soloing as Marks.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

They've said repeatedly that they felt 'Silencing Shot feels too mandatory but we don't want to give it to all specs because then people will just take another CC talent from that tier and there will be too much CC again'. Not that Marks hunters now don't have both, including BM's signature Intim if they want it.

Sigh. Just.... sigh. It was bad enough fighting mobs like the panda rares to start with; now it will be impossible since Marks can't pull the power to drop one and no one else has an interrupt (unless you bring an interrupt pet and I'm not totally sure they aren't immune to such things). Also if you Intim a panda rare (instead of silencing) they just immediately recast their heal instead of being halted for one cycle, so it basically doesn't help.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

:|

blizzerd water u doin' ?

No really, I find every other class I play loads more fun than my hunter - the only redeeming aspect of my hunter is the ability to tame pets. Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but I've just found playing my hunter to feel very sloppy lately. I really do hope for some changes to come that make playing the game more fun and interesting but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe some neat changes to survival? Or all the specs, for that matter. It doesn't have to be a buff to make me happy haha, but I know I don't speak for everyone.

I mean I saw what some hunters were able to pull off in arena with Hunter/Disc/melee and it was really a bit out of hand. I agree that in some cases, I think, changes should reflect the differences in PvE and PvP. While I understand that they don't balance anything around solo-ing things, I do wish they would keep solo-ing and Brawler's Guild in mind when they balance. Just... keep it in mind. IDK that may be too much to ask for.

I think I'm making my Boomkin or Monk my main now. It's not even about how much damage I do - it's about how fun it is the play the class. So on the bright side, while I don't get a lot of damage out from my Boomkin (she's not geared so well yet) it is a very fun spec to play (for me at least). As for my hunter, I have fun hunting and taming pets but that's just not a huge aspect of the game to me. Maybe I'll find a way to start having fun on my hunter again.

Er... am I making sense?

EDIT: on the bright side - it looks like they are adding new pet icons like Wain asked so that's good :D

IDK I'm not gonna give up hope on hunters just yet.

Remember these are just initial builds.
Last edited by Funk on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Guess it's time to go back to rallying for tri-spec, if I'm going to need a Marks spec purely for an interrupt. :(

Stampede nerf then this because of PvP... sucks for those of us who only PvE.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Hunter Changes in 5.4

Unread post by Wain »

I split this topic off from http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=20950 since this pertains to all the PTR changes.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I guess we could use a interupt pet for rares and such, but still I'm echoing what Kalli said earlier.
"We're the only pure dps class that doesn't have its silence baseline as I recall. Sigh."

­
­
­
Slickrock

Well, with the improvement to BM AOE, guess it's time to dump the SV spec and start working on MM in anticipation of this change.

Sigh...
Slickrock

SpiritBinder wrote:I guess we could use a interupt pet for rares and such, but still I'm echoing what Kalli said earlier.
"We're the only pure dps class that doesn't have its silence baseline as I recall. Sigh."
Problem with the pets is with the nerf to cooldowns, you have once chance in 2 minutes to get it right, otherwise you are dead.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think someone went on leave and whoever has been nerfing shamans since cata is filling in...but seriously I hope the hunter community makes alot of noise and they do a double take on this. Time to do that chicken little Spirit talked about and run around flailing arms till they start to listen!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Slickrock wrote: Problem with the pets is with the nerf to cooldowns, you have once chance in 2 minutes to get it right, otherwise you are dead.

I believe the Gorillas "Pummel" ability is still on a 30 second cool down, which is not quite as good as the 24 seconds that silencing has, but it's better than dead I guess.

­
­
­
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Silencing Shot was MM only prior to Mists.

Not sure why people are acting like it's so foreign. You haven't even had it more than a year as BM/SV. o_O
Slickrock

Myzou wrote:Silencing Shot was MM only prior to Mists.

Not sure why people are acting like it's so foreign. You haven't even had it more than a year as BM/SV. o_O
Prior we didn't have solo content that required it. And everyone was Marks anyway.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Slickrock wrote:Prior we didn't have solo content that required it. And everyone was Marks anyway.
The truth of it is that the removal of Silencing Shot is actually just to do with PVP, Blizzard does add any weight about whether it effects your ability to solo Pandarian rares or not, it's not even a blip on their radar.

­
­
­