Hunter T16 preview

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Artill
Realm: Ravencrest

Re: Hunter T16 preview

Unread post by Artill »

Uploaded a video myself of the tier set ingame. Apparently the normal version is the dark one with green (atleast for now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_2IM4FInw

I also noticed that Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers got leaves flying arround with each shot which doesnt seem to be there at live.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ickabob wrote:Yay! Yet another 'wtf is this?' set for hunters. Looks like I'll be mogging again.
Mhmm thank god for xmog! If it's going to be a "time" set I want a raindow scarf and a bag of jelly babies hanging off my belt :mrgreen: Just sayin.

Also the bow animation is very cool, it looks like the leaves are falling off as you shoot like a branch being shaken...love it! Guess my tauren is going back to her green set!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:
Ickabob wrote:Yay! Yet another 'wtf is this?' set for hunters. Looks like I'll be mogging again.
Mhmm thank god for xmog! If it's going to be a "time" set I want a raindow scarf and a bag of jelly babies hanging off my belt :mrgreen: Just sayin.
:D

Oh and a red flying phone box called "The Sidrat"

This is one of those sets though that is not stalker themed by the looks of it with. Looks like it's being named "Unblinking Vigil", and for the complete set we have to head to Ulduar, you know, cause we need to stack more spirit for the dps :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Artill wrote:Uploaded a video myself of the tier set ingame. Apparently the normal version is the dark one with green (atleast for now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv_2IM4FInw

I also noticed that Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers got leaves flying arround with each shot which doesnt seem to be there at live.

Thanks for the vid.

I don't mind the set, don't love it either, it's meh. Better than some of the past ones, but nothing to get excited about either.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't mind it too much. I love the shoulders. The glowing helm thing is kind of creepy and dehumanizing but not as disconcerting as I expected. But... it doesn't feel like a hunter suit to me. More like "everything for 20 miles, see me coming and run!"

Still, at least it's interesting. In expansions to come, people may still make use of the light-beam pieces for transmog. Some of the colourings and shapes of other sets have been far more "safe" and forgettable. I honestly respect them more for going a bit weird but memorable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Really dont like the head with the one eye thingy..bah
Shoulders arent my favorite.

Same for the head from the new pvp set,dont like it.
Slickrock

Worst part is the gloves and boots on a dwarf.. stompyboots and BIG cuffs.. :-P
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Whole thing looks not quite right, no Sir I don't like it.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

That video makes me Really like this set, It is much better than our previous tiers of Dead animal armor.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Jeanne
Realm: Dragonmaw

Unread post by Jeanne »

It's not that the set looks bad and, after wearing various animal and humanoid parts for several years, it's certainly a welcome change.

I'm just not sure how it fits in the theme of attacking Orgrimmar or why a Hunter would want to wear so many flashlights or why the helmet completely hides our face.

I've looked at it several times in the hope that it'll grow on me, but at the moment I'll likely transmog anything over t16.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

It's Titan themed (elaborate patterns, pointless glowing crap, but sleek), which seems odd given the placement of it in the tier; it would've been better suited for ToT. The Thunder King's reign was built on stolen Titan tech. I mean, the Titans *did* kill Yshaarj, seal away his heart under the Vale, and the Vale does definitely have remnants of Titan tech and influence, but not so much that it'd be worth basing a tier outfit off of. It would've been neat to have something referencing the Beastmaster portions of Horde lore, or something based off the Night Elf Sentinels.

I like the set, but I feel it would've been more acceptable in a tier deliberately based off the Titans, in an Ulduar-like setting. But every tier season has the odd outfit out, so I guess this is ours.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

looking at a bunch of the sets, i'd say a few of the designers were watching iron man/avengers the night before. most of the sets have the same line and circle glow pattern on them somewhere. it just seems to be divided between more high tech like ours and lower tech like rouge/druid/lock/druid/pally
Slickrock

Nevish wrote:It's Titan themed (elaborate patterns, pointless glowing crap, but sleek), which seems odd given the placement of it in the tier; it would've been better suited for ToT. The Thunder King's reign was built on stolen Titan tech. I mean, the Titans *did* kill Yshaarj, seal away his heart under the Vale, and the Vale does definitely have remnants of Titan tech and influence, but not so much that it'd be worth basing a tier outfit off of. It would've been neat to have something referencing the Beastmaster portions of Horde lore, or something based off the Night Elf Sentinels.

I like the set, but I feel it would've been more acceptable in a tier deliberately based off the Titans, in an Ulduar-like setting. But every tier season has the odd outfit out, so I guess this is ours.
True. It is out of place, and doesn't fit with the goblin-tech of the Org mechanical bosses.

I don't mind the glows even, but it just doesn't have the "snap" it needs to be a good set.

Still better than boar-stalker.

Side note: Take a look at the mage set, on a dwarf male, and then crank up some 60's hippie-rock. That mage set doesn't really fit the coming tier either.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nevish »

Slickrock wrote:
Nevish wrote:It's Titan themed (elaborate patterns, pointless glowing crap, but sleek), which seems odd given the placement of it in the tier; it would've been better suited for ToT. The Thunder King's reign was built on stolen Titan tech. I mean, the Titans *did* kill Yshaarj, seal away his heart under the Vale, and the Vale does definitely have remnants of Titan tech and influence, but not so much that it'd be worth basing a tier outfit off of. It would've been neat to have something referencing the Beastmaster portions of Horde lore, or something based off the Night Elf Sentinels.

True. It is out of place, and doesn't fit with the goblin-tech of the Org mechanical bosses.

I don't mind the glows even, but it just doesn't have the "snap" it needs to be a good set.

Still better than boar-stalker.

Side note: Take a look at the mage set, on a dwarf male, and then crank up some 60's hippie-rock. That mage set doesn't really fit the coming tier either.
HAHAHAHAHA. The mage set looks too similar to the Time Lord set they had in Dragon Soul. Which is fine with me, since I missed out on getting my mage upto that level bracket before the LFR version became obsolete. So, second chance!

But, does anyone else feel like the recent tier sets are kind of slapped together? They just feel lacking in something, but I can't place my finger on it.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Nevish wrote:But, does anyone else feel like the recent tier sets are kind of slapped together? They just feel lacking in something, but I can't place my finger on it.
I was looking at the warlock one earlier and the middle-bit ("stomach" or lower torso) looks really unfinished. The texture stops abruptly and there seems to be a solid block of colour beneath until the belt starts. Same thing with the rim of the gloves:

Whatever's going on. At least this set still looks like it needs finishing. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up tweaking things here and there. (Personally I think the DK tier is very lacking and looks more like quest or dungeon blues than a tier set. D: Also the Warrior set has absolutely ridiculously bright spell effects!?)
Attachments
lock16.jpg
lock16.jpg (137.67 KiB) Viewed 13598 times
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nevish »

Yoruko wrote:
Nevish wrote:But, does anyone else feel like the recent tier sets are kind of slapped together? They just feel lacking in something, but I can't place my finger on it.
I was looking at the warlock one earlier and the middle-bit ("stomach" or lower torso) looks really unfinished. The texture stops abruptly and there seems to be a solid block of colour beneath until the belt starts. Same thing with the rim of the gloves:

Whatever's going on. At least this set still looks like it needs finishing. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up tweaking things here and there. (Personally I think the DK tier is very lacking and looks more like quest or dungeon blues than a tier set. D: Also the Warrior set has absolutely ridiculously bright spell effects!?)
While I don't mind the plain patches of colour, that reeeeally needs some texturing. It looks rushed. And I really like the DK tier, but you're right, something about it is lacking.

Now that I'm looking at all the tier gear side by side...there's a looooot of repeating motifs that look too similar to one another on most of the outfits. It all looks like it could be easily exchanged out with other pieces of gear while not losing the overall visual feel. Maybe this set was designed with transmog in mind? Hmm.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

it's likely a problem with the belt rather than the robes, something similar happens with the firestrike cord (shado-pan assault caster belt)
Angerfang
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore,Stormrage,

Unread post by Angerfang »

Derax wrote:That video makes me Really like this set, It is much better than our previous tiers of Dead animal armor.

this
Slickrock

Umm... can anyone think of a weapon that actually goes with this set? Mantid gun is probably the closest, but the color is wrong.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

There is nothing about this hunter set that even remotly says 'hunter' to me. I am really not sure if the people designing these sets even think about the class they are being designed fo, or kf they just make a bunch of sets and then asign them to random classes.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?