New mounts in 5.4 so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New mounts in 5.4 so far...

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:I have always wanted to see a picture of Galakrond. I also kinda wanted to see the Lich King raise its skeleton in Dragonblight (although Galakrond's skeleton fits more the regular dragon model than protodrake, who have wider flatter heads, like an alligator. His skeleton looks like the the sharper heads of dragons, who favor lizards. then again, I dont think we have seen a protodrake skeleton in game...)
My guess is their decision to make him a protodrake, and the Aspects to be the first real dragons, was a very recent thing. Maybe they thought it would make a better pulp fantasy story that way.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So now we have our Storm Crow model! And it looks very nice. We just need to find out where it comes from!

Maybe this will be the "Heroic Garrosh" mount they spoke of, though it doesn't seem to fit theme-wise.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ooh that is pretty!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:So now we have our Storm Crow model! And it looks very nice. We just need to find out where it comes from!

Maybe this will be the "Heroic Garrosh" mount they spoke of, though it doesn't seem to fit theme-wise.
It could be you know.... I could swear I can see some of it's feathers hanging out of that Mystery Crate on WCM... ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I hope its not cause that means I'll never get one :*(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Reins of the Vicious Warsaber
Reins of the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse

That sounds like.. pvp.. and you know the arena or rated bgs that regular casual pvpers can't get...

And I want that crow! lol but ugh if that's the heroic garrosh mount I will not be amused.. cause I wont get it. Unless I pay for it..
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

stromcrow y u no come from isle of thunder
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

sasrei7 wrote:Reins of the Vicious Warsaber
Reins of the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse
That sounds like.. pvp.. and you know the arena or rated bgs that regular casual pvpers can't get...
Indeed, the "Vicious" titles and the flags they carry both point to them being new PvP mounts, in line with the Vicious War Steed and Vicious War Wolf. So I doubt I'll see them either! It'll be interesting to see what they plan to use them for, though.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Wain wrote: Image
Screw you, droos, my shammy /NEEDs it! (and even more so if it's a transformation kind of a mount)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

Is this the flying raven lord mount we've all been wanting? It does look very similar to Druid bird form though.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be the heroic Garrosh drop. :( I never see them under my own saddle. It doesn't even match him anyway...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Updated for new details. We now know the proper names of the new tiger, skeletal horse and shredder mounts, and we now know the source of the shredder (Engineering) but not the other two.

I think everything we know of has been added to the site now, but please let us know if you notice anything missing.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

We also (probably) know the source of the warsaber and skeletal horse. A new vendor in 5.4 that will sell either the RBG horse and the saber to you if you are Alliance, or the RBG wolf and the skeletal warhorse to you if you are Horde.

The currency is 'Vicious Saddle' and I have a feeling that it will be the reward for the achievement that currently gives the Vicious War Wolf/Vicious War Steed. So now when you get the achievement, instead of getting the wolf or steed, you get a saddle and you can choose between wolf/skeletal horse and saber/steed.

The alliance version of the vendor has nothing to sell yet, but the horde one does.

Second picture mine, first one courtesy of Insane Guy of Doom@Scrolls of Lore
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

We do already know where the pvp mounts will come from...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423552957
In order to get these lovely PVP mounts you need 100 3v3 wins and 40 rbg wins per season

Alright, I really don't know where you came up with these these numbers, but whatever happened to mumper saying these mounts were for a wider pvp audience? How is adding a season requirement for this acceptable? Why don't you just demand gladiator out of it?

My realm cant even put together an RBG and I despise arenas. I figured I'd have to do some arenas, but why 3v3? Why cant we pick what we want to do? I like 2s. I'd gladly do 2s.

RBGS should stay out of this factor. 40 wins is absolutely unacceptable. Its like joining a raid group with people you don't know and being treated like dirt by people you don't know. m not subjecting myself to abuse by random asses. I was very happy when I was told these would be for a wider audience, but it seems like you've just narrowed your audience by a good number. Why not BGs? What is the facination with RBGS?

Thanks blizzard, you've broken my heart. Guess we should expect new mounts every season?
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Qinni wrote:We do already know where the pvp mounts will come from...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423552957
In order to get these lovely PVP mounts you need 100 3v3 wins and 40 rbg wins per season

Alright, I really don't know where you came up with these these numbers, but whatever happened to mumper saying these mounts were for a wider pvp audience? How is adding a season requirement for this acceptable? Why don't you just demand gladiator out of it?

My realm cant even put together an RBG and I despise arenas. I figured I'd have to do some arenas, but why 3v3? Why cant we pick what we want to do? I like 2s. I'd gladly do 2s.

RBGS should stay out of this factor. 40 wins is absolutely unacceptable. Its like joining a raid group with people you don't know and being treated like dirt by people you don't know. m not subjecting myself to abuse by random asses. I was very happy when I was told these would be for a wider audience, but it seems like you've just narrowed your audience by a good number. Why not BGs? What is the facination with RBGS?

Thanks blizzard, you've broken my heart. Guess we should expect new mounts every season?
Gotta love the QQ there. The odd thing is that it requires 3v3 specifically, and not other arena sizes. The new arena system will make it easier to do 3s, and 100 wins is not impossible, but it will take a good deal of work. Also the QQer here has forgotten that with the new virtual realms, there will be a much larger pool to group with for RBGs

I can imagine that once raiding winds down some after Garrosh dies, that more people will be trying this, especially with these added mounts.

But really, if you hate PVP, are the QQers like in the quote gonna do it just for the mount?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slick, we don't even know how the virtual realms work exactly so you can't say "Oh he forgot this" when we're not aware of the details or how well it works yet. :/

Personally I agree with him, on that note. RBGs are terrible. Worse than LFR when you get one full of jerks. I'd rather it just be normal bgs or something. Gives us non 'pvp or gtfo' people a bit more wiggle room.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

That saddens me, I would be willing to go into random bgs and stuff like that( like earn x amount of honor or conquest for the season, or win a certain amount of bgs), but this takes getting teams together. Perhaps it will be easier when everyone is going for the mount and we've killed garrosh and all. This expansion I've always felt undergeared pvp-wise, overbursted and jaded with pvp. On a hunter in ToT gear I can do pretty good damage in random bgs, but in arena etc....I die too easily.

Maybe I should just try with my holy pala or disco priest if I even bother going for it. I have no idea how long the lull will be this time around. They say it won't be like ds.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I don't think I'd want to sit on a "Vicious Saddle". Something just doesn't sound right there.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:Slick, we don't even know how the virtual realms work exactly so you can't say "Oh he forgot this" when we're not aware of the details or how well it works yet. :/

Personally I agree with him, on that note. RBGs are terrible. Worse than LFR when you get one full of jerks. I'd rather it just be normal bgs or something. Gives us non 'pvp or gtfo' people a bit more wiggle room.
Regarding the virtual realms, it will act like everyone from the joined realms will be on one big server, where you just have an asterisk or something next to your name if you are not from the same "realm", AH, guilds, grouping, will all be shared from what they have told us.

The only thing we really don't know is what realms will be grouped, and how they will be grouped.

Regular BGs won't work if they really want this to be a PVP based reward. Anyone can grind out 40, or even 100 BG wins with no skill at all.

Would I like the mount? Sure. Do I have the skill to get it? Probably not. Am I gonna cry about it? no. (Same goes for some of the raiding reward mounts).

Considering how long the next season is going to be, 100 3's wins is actually not all that much, if you really want to work for that mount.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, thanks for the further info, guys!

It sounds like the requirements for the new pvp mounts may not be finalized yet, but at least we have some idea. I'll adjust the mount descriptions but not state them as though it's set in stone.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I agree with what Qinni posted. They already added new RGB munts but we havent had normal BG mounts added for a long time. Maybe its time they added something for the more casual pvper and mount collector. The harcores have 2 nice mounts plus the arena ones.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~