New mounts in 5.4 so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New mounts in 5.4 so far...

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:
Wain wrote:The new patch also suggests that the next arena season (13) mount will be a new cloud serpent: Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent.
So far we only have the name, which can be found in the new achievement. We don't know the appearance or anything else. A placeholder for it will be up on WCM soon.
Wowhead has models for those PVP mounts, I assume not placeholder?
http://www.wowhead.com/news=216724/5-4- ... mor-glyphs
Thanks for catching that :) That looks like exactly the same model as previous season, but with new (old) colours. Presumably they haven't decided which to use yet.

If they are using old colours this time (but with pvp armour) then it also opens up the possibility they'll use the white skin on on a pve mount ! :) In fact a rare white cloud serpent on Timeless Isle that dropped a PvE mount of the same colour would have been even more interesting than the black lightning one. Ah well :)

Quivering wrote:Also how many mounts have been datamined over the past few patches that the source isn't confirmed?
Fey dragon
Hearthsteed (some sort of Hearthstone promo but nothing definitive yet, right?)
Stormcrow
Also, Greatfather's Riding Turtle (though we can probably guess a few things about it)

And you're right about the Hearthsteed. It did look like a reward for participating in a Hearthstone beta test, but I remember players posting, worried that they might not get in and might miss the mount. A blue poster said to wait and see what they had planned, so there must be more to it than just that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Castile wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
Quivering wrote:As of todays PTR build 17191, the Storm Crow mount has an item: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104011-stormcrow

It is listed as requiring level 20. Isn't that indicative of a Store mount?
I hope not, as it will be one I won't be getting then.. the more of the store mounts we get, the gladder I am that I have TLPD..
Why on earth not? I have all the store mounts and alot of rare drops I farmed in game...what differece does paying for it make?

Well I hope it is and not some stupid low drop rate from an unfarmable boss >.>
Because I don't buy store mounts. Hate seeing 50 or more of them in SW that first day, nor do I like paying for in-game content. But to each their own.

I don't mind the concept of store mounts or pets, but they aren't for me. What concerns me is when the new mounts are either a) store mounts, or b) raid/heroic/dps-boss-while-standing-on-your-head mounts, and nothing really available to people who play the game normally and want things they can do on their own.

I miss things like TLPD. They don't all need to be that way, but it would be nice if there were some to chase after.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dont want another TLPD so long as CRZ is around. Ever.

Gimme something more like OS10 or OS25.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I would like to see some rewards for really challenging solo stuff, like the proving grounds, just like a really challenging version. Since it scales your gear, you have to depend solely on your own ability, and either rise to the challenge yourself or not. I guess I am just over RNG and grinding/farm/camp based "prestige" items.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:I dont want another TLPD so long as CRZ is around. Ever.

Gimme something more like OS10 or OS25.
I agree, no more Aeonaxx/TLPD mounts. Esp when you have to either spend stupid amounts of time in game doing nothing but camp or fighting off 100 other ppl that aren't even on your realm >.>

Wouldn't mind a solo challenge reward. Like a senario-ish situation or a really long quest like the gryphens/wyverns from dominance point/sheildwall.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wouldn't mind an ultra-rare mount again, providing it was somehow made practically impossible to camp for. Something that you know you'd only ever get by chancing upon it so you'd never feel inclined or obliged to camp with 100 other desperate people.

But right now it feels like there are so many things to farm for that I'd really rather not have many more added. It gets to a point where there's so much saturation it's hard to feel genuine excitement at new ones.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Well, since everyone wants to exclude what I want, I'll need to campaign for the elimination of store bought mounts.

In other words, if you don't want to camp for a rare, you don't need to, and that doesn't mean they should never add another one.

I'd much rather see a rare than a .01% drop in a dungeon or raid.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

:roll:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Slickrock wrote:Well, since everyone wants to exclude what I want, I'll need to campaign for the elimination of store bought mounts.

In other words, if you don't want to camp for a rare, you don't need to, and that doesn't mean they should never add another one.

No offense but Blizzard isn't going to get rid of store mounts/pets/toys anytime soon. Anything that makes them money is a good thing in their eyes.

So whats the difference between getting rid of a low drop rate mount (that you can go back and farm solo in the next xpac) and getting rid of a rare spawn that would take just as long to farm yet you have to compete with other ppl to get it? I personally don't like rare spawns just because so many jerks will try to ninja tag it or stack on your camping spot which imo is just rude and unfair. It makes wanting to get them very unappealing. but thats just my personal experience, you might have very positive experience of them.

No ones picking on what you want or don't want specifically btw and its all speculation ofcourse.

Shadowlands

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:I wouldn't mind an ultra-rare mount again, providing it was somehow made practically impossible to camp for. Something that you know you'd only ever get by chancing upon it so you'd never feel inclined or obliged to camp with 100 other desperate people.

But right now it feels like there are so many things to farm for that I'd really rather not have many more added. It gets to a point where there's so much saturation it's hard to feel genuine excitement at new ones.
Alani, anyone?

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Castile wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Well, since everyone wants to exclude what I want, I'll need to campaign for the elimination of store bought mounts.

No offense but Blizzard isn't going to get rid of store mounts/pets/toys anytime soon. Anything that makes them money is a good thing in their eyes.

So whats the difference between getting rid of a low drop rate mount (that you can go back and farm solo in the next xpac) and getting rid of a rare spawn that would take just as long to farm yet you have to compete with other ppl to get it? I personally don't like rare spawns just because so many jerks will try to ninja tag it or stack on your camping spot which imo is just rude and unfair. It makes wanting to get them very unappealing. but thats just my personal experience, you might have very positive experience of them.

No ones picking on what you want or don't want specifically btw and its all speculation ofcourse.

My point was, there's no reason there can't be both.
Slickrock

Junrei wrote:
Wain wrote:I wouldn't mind an ultra-rare mount again, providing it was somehow made practically impossible to camp for. Something that you know you'd only ever get by chancing upon it so you'd never feel inclined or obliged to camp with 100 other desperate people.

Alani, anyone?
Alani is the worst yet, farming for incredibly rare drop items. I'd rather occasionally camp a rare spawn.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:
Junrei wrote:

Alani, anyone?
Alani is the worst yet, farming for incredibly rare drop items. I'd rather occasionally camp a rare spawn.
I'm inclined to agree, actually. I'll take a TLPD over an Alani type thing ANYDAY.

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Alani was an interesting twist on the rare world mount idea. I thought, when it was first revealed how you got it, that it would be rare but the RNG would be wrapped up in 10 drops instead of 10 bazillion hours of camping. I thought the idea was that it was to be rare, but if you put in effort, you would eventually get it.

And thats when I discovered the 00.00000000000000000000001% drop rate on the shards. lolnope. I dont even care for the thundering serpents anyway.

And people sell Alani on my server for 30k -_-
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Speaking of Alani...I'm wondering if they might up the drop rate of those next expansion...? Since depending on where the next expansion is set, not many ppl will be in pandaland anymore....just a speculation ofcourse! I have all of two shards as i haven't bothered to farm it yet (althought for 30k might not be work my time haha!).

Shadowlands

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I've reached exalted through questing, dailies and grinding and yet not once have I ever seen a shard drop...I really dont want to see more rare mounts like Alani unless the drop rate on the required item(s) are somewhat more obtainable (even if say its a higher drop from a daily rewards cache)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slickrock

Makoes wrote:I've reached exalted through questing, dailies and grinding and yet not once have I ever seen a shard drop...I really dont want to see more rare mounts like Alani unless the drop rate on the required item(s) are somewhat more obtainable (even if say its a higher drop from a daily rewards cache)
If they do another rare like that, it should be ONE item. You find it, great, you got the mount, you got lucky. Grinding for rare drops is far worse than camping. (In all my time in the Vale, I saw one Shard drop). And if they do a one item drop, it should then have a tough solo challenge to go with it, since they like solo scenarios so much now.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Me too, I'm exalted with everybody and only ever got one skyshard. I hope they never do another one like that.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I'm inclined to disagree...I don't mind grinding for things (yes i know I'm insane lol) but camping? Nope sorry can't do that. I can kill dinos for 8 hrs (and did for alot of my eggs) but if you ask me to sit still for more than an hr, forget it!

Shadowlands

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Danielfboone wrote:Me too, I'm exalted with everybody and only ever got one skyshard. I hope they never do another one like that.
Same, and never seen one... did I mention I go and grind mogu when I've got spare time... and no still 0!

I dont mind rare spawns but then I dont mind grinding, but they need to get rid of the low drop rate. Somthing simmilar to the Obsidian Warbeads for the Talbuk Mounts, at least you could slowly see your progress.

I'm actually a little sad there was not 5 man mount drops the exp, I quite like those as an option for rare mounts too.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­