New mounts in 5.4 so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New mounts in 5.4 so far...

Unread post by Wain »

I changed "Heroic Garrosh Mount" to "Kor'kron Juggernaut" and will get a pic up on WCM soon. We're not sure which colour of mecha scorpid it will be, so I'll put up a montage shot of all four.

I also prepared entries for the following mounts that have appeared in the new patch:
  • Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent - Arena Season 14 award. Seems to be the same armour as the Malevolent one, but a different colour
  • Prideful Gladiator's Cloud Serpent - Arena Season 15 award. Seems to be the same armour as the Malevolent one, but a different colour
  • Ashhide Mushan Beast - probably a black mushan. Purchased with Bloody Coins from a yaungol vendor on Timeless Isle
  • Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent - black lightning cloud serpent. Probably related to Huolon, a rare of the same appearance
They should be up on WCM soon.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added the montage shot for the Juggernaut.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

So Sky Golems are bugged on the PTR, meaning the materials aren't consumed when making them so people are making them by the millions lol.

so I got one to do a side by side of Horde and Alliance.

also flying this thing is AWFUL to me. definitely be selling my first.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for checking :)

I thought the flying looked cool in the youtube videos, but maybe it's different when you're behind the camera.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Negatory about the Ashhide Mushan dropping from Ordos. Its sold from an Ordon vendor for bloody coins.

How do you get bloody coins? Buy and use the item highlighted. OY!

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

I can see some people doing kill trading to get that fairly quickly.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Edit: Just found this out about the Quivering Firestorm Egg.

I assumed that since the egg dropped from a thundering onyx cloud serpent, and that there was now a thundering onyx cloud serpent mount, that the egg "hatched" into said mount.

Wellllllllllllllll maybe not. According to http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33250, it appears to be a BOA for Cloud Serpent riding rep. I think it is silly to have a difficult rare drop a rare egg for a bit of BOA rep when the eggs are still farmable but... I guess thats what the egg is for. After this latest PTR build goes live, I will try to confirm.

If this is indeed the case, perhaps Ordos drops the thundering onyx cloud serpent?
Slickrock wrote:I can see some people doing kill trading to get that fairly quickly.
Not going to lie, the thought crossed my mind.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks Quiv :) Awesome info. I've updated the info accordingly. Luckily the latest mounts aren't up on WCM yet.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

A few questions
1: How easy is it to get timeless coins to buy the Censer?
2: How many coins do you get when you kill someone?
3: When you use it, and you transform, do you get some sort of super powers? Because there is no way in hell you're going to be able to beat anyone when you start with 10% of your health unless you have amazing self healing capabilities or stun-locking.
4: Is the Censer consumed on use? x_x

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... gon101.jpg
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... htmare.jpg
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... gs_fel.jpg

....WARLOCK GREEN FIRE FLYING MOUNTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! MAYBE?

I'm seriously beside myself going "Oh my goodnes....OH MY GOODNESS...AK:JSFKGLJSDG"
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Tsuki wrote:How easy is it to get timeless coins to buy the Censer?
Ridiculously easy. The handful of opening quests awards them, every chest on the island has them and 97% of things you kill drop them. The bigger and badder the mob you kill, the more coins. Everything on the island is faction tap so get in a farming group and murder everything. (this is assuming the current drop totals are close to intended. it has been tweaked a few times already, it feels good right now).

As for your other questions, everytime I use the dumb thing, it kills me lol. So not sure about all that.

Edit, there is a second item you can get: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102463. It costs 50 bloody coins or it can drop off one of the Timeless Isle rares (Zesqua). It just puts the buff on you, no sacrifice of life. However the wording on this item says "pvp kills have a chance to drop bloody coins." The censure can only be used on Timeless Isle while the Oath buff let me hearth.

I got a kill in with the Oath buff and I got 1 coin. Could be more with the Censer, or maybe just guaranteed verses the chance with the Oath, I dont know yet. I suck at PVP.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Meggers wrote:http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... gon101.jpg
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... htmare.jpg
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... gs_fel.jpg

....WARLOCK GREEN FIRE FLYING MOUNTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! MAYBE?

I'm seriously beside myself going "Oh my goodnes....OH MY GOODNESS...AK:JSFKGLJSDG"
The first thing that popped into my mind looking at those is just updating looks for those who complete the green fire stuff, the mounts and demon wings. Not seeing where one would get flying mount from these.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

MaximumOverdrive wrote: The first thing that popped into my mind looking at those is just updating looks for those who complete the green fire stuff, the mounts and demon wings. Not seeing where one would get flying mount from these.
Yeah, they've been systematically making green fire versions of everything warlock and I suspect these are nothing more than that. For some reason they can't add different fire/aura colours to the one model (or don't seem to do it anyway), so if they want a new aura on the same creature they create an entirely new model just for that.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Quivering wrote:
Tsuki wrote:How easy is it to get timeless coins to buy the Censer?
Ridiculously easy. The handful of opening quests awards them, every chest on the island has them and 97% of things you kill drop them. The bigger and badder the mob you kill, the more coins. Everything on the island is faction tap so get in a farming group and murder everything. (this is assuming the current drop totals are close to intended. it has been tweaked a few times already, it feels good right now).

As for your other questions, everytime I use the dumb thing, it kills me lol. So not sure about all that.

Edit, there is a second item you can get: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102463. It costs 50 bloody coins or it can drop off one of the Timeless Isle rares (Zesqua). It just puts the buff on you, no sacrifice of life. However the wording on this item says "pvp kills have a chance to drop bloody coins." The censure can only be used on Timeless Isle while the Oath buff let me hearth.

I got a kill in with the Oath buff and I got 1 coin. Could be more with the Censer, or maybe just guaranteed verses the chance with the Oath, I dont know yet. I suck at PVP.
This sounds like a "grab a friend of the opposite faction and farm their butt" kind of grind to me, like the ol dark talbuk grind in BC where grps would switch honor kills till everyone had the tokens for the mount :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We now have the Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent up on WCM. It's going to be purchasable from the Shaohao quartermaster for 22,500 Timeless Coins. You also need rep with Shaohao: "Venerate" level friendship.

The rest of the very newest mounts aren't up there yet, but we hope to get them up soon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Updated WCM with four more upcoming mounts:
  • Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent - Arena Season 14 award. Seems to be the same armour as the Malevolent one, but a different colour (colour unknown)
  • Prideful Gladiator's Cloud Serpent - Arena Season 15 award. Seems to be the same armour as the Malevolent one, but a different colour (colour unknown)
  • Ashhide Mushan Beast - a black mushan with black saddle. Purchased with Bloody Coins.
  • Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent - black lightning cloud serpent. Probably related to Huolon, a rare of the same appearance, but no proof yet

Also, while this doesn't pertain to 5.4, I figured I'll mention it here. I put in a new image for the Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent.

The "white" cloud serpent skin in WoW's main data folder is very pink, and that's the one we'd used for the original image. However it became clear that the in-game mount is a very frosty blue-white. At first I thought that the model was altering the colour in a way that WMV wasn't rendering, but it turns out it's actually using a second "white" skin (different colour, but with the same name) that is hidden in a cache subfolder of Data. WMV is using a different one to what the game is using. So I fixed that.

So the in-game one is:

The other one, which we had depicted originally, I renamed as "warmwhite", i.e.:

The exciting thing is there's now TWO unused colours for regular cloud serpents. And even if the pvpers did get upset about their mount colour being reused (though there continues to be many precedents for that so hopefully not), there's always the pinkish white instead. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

How about Reins of Kol-Gai't <the Whitener>? ;)

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:How about Reins of Kol-Gai't <the Whitener>? ;)

You must be a dad wain cause that was a dad joke -.-

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:You must be a dad wain cause that was a dad joke -.-
That is... very unlikely ;) But yes, it was a terrible joke, sorry :) I just can't get past the fact he looks toothpaste coloured ;) (pretty, though)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Just some updates.

Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent now costs 100,000 Timeless coins and still rep based (what appears to be the equivalent of being "best friend" with Shaohao.)

The Quivering Firestorm Egg is still does nothing at Anja, and Ordos doesn't have a loot table yet so don't know about the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent.

And I'll just leave this here...

hint: its a green fire dreadsteed