More nerfs... and other changes.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: More nerfs... and other changes.

Unread post by Kalliope »

Citing sources is good.

I'll bow out of the discussion, since I'm very far removed from current numbers. Hopefully those will balance out.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ickabob wrote:Sorry, I've been a little angry lately. Most our nerfs we've been getting lately have been a direct result of PVP complaints about hunters being too powerful.

I'm sure this is no different.
I hear you. I'm just so angry at all these pvp based nerfs!! I don't raid normal anymore BUT I like to be somewhat useful in lfr and I like my burst/cd's for soloing and other 'what used to be fun' hunter stuff. Stop killing my freakin game blizz!! Taking away silencing shot was bad enough espically since we have to kill a mob that heals itself for a hunter related item!

Just make them turn off in bgs/arena or w/e. Is it really that hard?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:Citing sources is good.

I'll bow out of the discussion, since I'm very far removed from current numbers. Hopefully those will balance out.
There was a GC post later today that said they they would compensate us for the Readiness change, if they leave the change as is, but they are probably going to do what they did with the Stampede change, and give flat dps boosts to basic talents again.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ickabob wrote:
Slickrock wrote:And as to why I'm calling it a PVP based nerf? It's because all these nerfs are around reducing burst or CC which is what all the PVP QQ is about.
You just hit the nail on the head, good sir.
Indeed and I saw it brought up multiple times on the forum where people were going "NERF HUNTARS!". The two biggest things brought up was Stampede(pets doing damage) and Readiness(for BW)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Personally, as weird as it might sound, I'm happy with Readiness change. Now I can save it for situations where I need more survival, instead of using it instantly to use second AMoC, Rapid Fire etc.

Also, most hunter PvP "conversations" on forums that I have seen are about "triple-trinket", so maybe this makes then shut the **** up.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Junrei wrote:Indeed and I saw it brought up multiple times on the forum where people were going "NERF HUNTARS!". The two biggest things brought up was Stampede(pets doing damage) and Readiness(for BW)
There is way too much hunter hate going around lately. Why not hate on warlocks with their fears (that they can kill you through), plethora of defensive moves, insane damage with moves like the dreaded Chaos Bolt, or AoE in BG's with Fire and Brimstone spreading Immolates and Incinerates? Not to mention that locks are on top of raid DPS meters right now. I'm going off topic here and by no means hate warlocks, but just as an example they need to lay off us with these nerfs. It's making me dizzy. :?
Atieno
Realm: The Sha'tar - EU

Unread post by Atieno »

I'm a PvE BM hunter and honestly I'm getting upset and tired with all these nerfs.

Hunter's are not the best DPS class by a long shot, our best spec is middle of the road and due to PvP we're getting nerfed into oblivion.

Frost mage at the moment is the best DPS spec their is in PvE with insane dmg amounts, however its also extremly viable as a PvP spec and yet it's running about almost unscathed.

So much has been nerfed in this upcoming patch that I've got to the point where I don't want to play my hunter. I've been working so hard this tier to raise my DPS and help my raiding team and yet no matter what I do, it seems that blizz is determined to relegate me to doing the same DPS as a tank. (if im lucky)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ickabob wrote:
Junrei wrote:Indeed and I saw it brought up multiple times on the forum where people were going "NERF HUNTARS!". The two biggest things brought up was Stampede(pets doing damage) and Readiness(for BW)
There is way too much hunter hate going around lately. Why not hate on warlocks with their fears (that they can kill you through), plethora of defensive moves, insane damage with moves like the dreaded Chaos Bolt, or AoE in BG's with Fire and Brimstone spreading Immolates and Incinerates? Not to mention that locks are on top of raid DPS meters right now. I'm going off topic here and by no means hate warlocks, but just as an example they need to lay off us with these nerfs. It's making me dizzy. :?
Warlocks get a lot of hate(hence the major nerf to KJC), believe me. Hunters just have gotten a lot more lately.

I'd rather people hate on DKs.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Atieno wrote:I'm a PvE BM hunter and honestly I'm getting upset and tired with all these nerfs.

Hunter's are not the best DPS class by a long shot, our best spec is middle of the road and due to PvP we're getting nerfed into oblivion.

Frost mage at the moment is the best DPS spec their is in PvE with insane dmg amounts, however its also extremly viable as a PvP spec and yet it's running about almost unscathed.

So much has been nerfed in this upcoming patch that I've got to the point where I don't want to play my hunter. I've been working so hard this tier to raise my DPS and help my raiding team and yet no matter what I do, it seems that blizz is determined to relegate me to doing the same DPS as a tank. (if im lucky)
Assuming that GC comes through on what he said that we would be compensated for the Readiness change, we'll probably get more static dps boosts to basic shots. What this means is we fall further and further behind, particularly to shaman and monks, who are topping the charts at least in my raids. You certainly should be outdpsing the tank, but, you aren't gonna get close to some of those other classes anymore.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Well least Aria didn't get hit again (Albeit the reason they put the damage reduction in the first place was because the armor did bugger all) but godamnit. Would help if Steppes wasn't so bleeding boring to haul through getting Mitsuko up for OS runs and Vortex is still not coughing up my drake so Sendeni is still stuck there.

Being a Balance Druid as long as I have it's hard to be optimistic about how much they try and rebalance things with the whole the lets boost everybody not sort out flatlining BM abilities.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

It's reaching a point, that I'm debating if I even want to buy the next expansion.. I hate to imagine how week we will be against the new mobs.. My shadow priest is fun to play, but only once he has some ok gear.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Adam, keep in mind, NONE of this is set in stone. Until it hits live servers, it is subject to change(and even then, it can change then too). Also 5.4 has absolutely nothing to do with the next expansion so it's a bit unfair to judge the next expansion even before Blizzcon. That should be out of your thoughts atm.

LisaaraPokefarm

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Im not surprised about the nerf.. wonder what they will put in its place probably just going to up a damage of something, doubt they will put something new in cause people complain about all the buttons we have to use. But really the thing that bugs me the most is that BM is my fave spec it used to be about pets and burst damage.. now arcane shot is better then KC, stamepede is essentially useless, our lvl 69 skill is pretty much useless.. besides the whole hey yay.. exotic beasts.. but really it feels less and less like its own spec. I hate MM and I don't care for surv just cause I swear sometimes I have ADD and the whole shiny yellow around the spells distract me lol

Im just becoming less and less impressed with Wow.. I don't enjoy raiding anymore either .. I just wish they would think about something other then world of pvp.. cause its not all about one general thing.
Slickrock

AdamSavage wrote:It's reaching a point, that I'm debating if I even want to buy the next expansion.. I hate to imagine how week we will be against the new mobs.. My shadow priest is fun to play, but only once he has some ok gear.
The beginning of the expac isn't the problem, it's how we get slowly nerfed over the course of it to satisfy the QQ...
Slickrock

I do expect that they will boost some base damage to compensate. The problem is it still won't compensate completly for the burst loss.

The ironic thing is that as much as they say they want challenging playstyle, they are making arcane and cobra/steady the key of our dps. (I'll never say that on the forums though, otherwise they will come up with some other lame complicated solution).
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd rather see BW get a damage boost (and/or longer duration) to compensate for the nerf, and/or a buff to Kill command. Atm though...I feel that BM is just getting ground into the ground and trampled on. Spells that were fun and added flavor to the class are being castrated to the point where I am wondering whether of not I should just stand there and auto-shot and read a book...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slickrock

The other thing that should be noted here is that we are also seeing the fruits of Blizz yet again failing to adequately forsee the effects of stat and gear scaling.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I could be completely wrong here, but this idea that it may not actually be the big time pvpers that are complaining, well it makes a little sense to me. Sure, classes have been buffed and nerfed because of pvp since this game was born, but we all know recently the resilience change, giving everyone a base resilience. I almost really want to think it's the newer people to pvp (Who've never really done it before) that the big people complaining about certain classes. I don't want to call them "pve heroes", but these may be the people who barely every touched pvp before and decided to go ahead try it with the new changes. Some don't realize that handling another actual player in the game is much MUCH different then handling an AI. Therefor they go to Blizzard, often calling for nerfs.

Sadly, pvp nerfs can and will drastically affect pve. Just my thoughts. It's an idea that's been sitting in the back of my head for a while.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Junrei wrote:Adam, keep in mind, NONE of this is set in stone. Until it hits live servers, it is subject to change(and even then, it can change then too). Also 5.4 has absolutely nothing to do with the next expansion so it's a bit unfair to judge the next expansion even before Blizzcon. That should be out of your thoughts atm.
It would be more of my own personal protest I guess.. It will obviously come down to what changes they have in mind for the next expansion of course. However, if they keep going down this path.. I'm not sure what I will do.

They have already proven they can separate PVP from PVE.. "The newest example is this: Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds)."
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Believe me, I'm not happy about this either but class changes fluctuate a lot all the time so this isn't something that will chase me away.

LisaaraPokefarm