Looks like Blizz listened..somewhat.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Deadblaster
Realm: Ragnaros,Ghostlands

Looks like Blizz listened..somewhat.

Unread post by Deadblaster »

Glyph of Scattered Thoughts (NYI) Your Scatter Shot no longer Disorients the target, but now interrupts their spellcasts, preventing any spells in the same school from being cast for 4 sec, and Scatter Shot's range is increased by 0 yards.
So,its either a silence or a Disorient we get to choose from.not both.I don't know what to say.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Looks like Blizz listened..somewhat.

Unread post by Finduilas »

At least some way you still came Hutia. I probably won't use the glyph as I like my normal scatter shot too much in pvp situations, but for taming this special rare... I might put it in and then remove it again.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Finduilas wrote:At least some way you still came Hutia. I probably won't use the glyph as I like my normal scatter shot too much in pvp situations, but for taming this special rare... I might put it in and then remove it again.
This, exactly. I was going to say that the range is too short to be practical, but I've used scatter on Hutia, so there's that.

It's a band-aid, but at least we're getting that much. That's good.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

wow, Blizzard really has us by the short and curlies when a crappy band-aid fix can actually be seen as a positive move.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sukurachi wrote:wow, Blizzard really has us by the short and curlies when a crappy band-aid fix can actually be seen as a positive move.
Indeed, but it's clear they really really want to cut down our CC and related skills.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't understand it. Sure scatter's range is shorter than silence, but doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose for removing silence from all specs? Do they just not want SV and BM to have a disorient AND a silence baseline?

Don't get me wrong, I will take it, but from a philosophy standpoint, I can't make heads or tails of it.
Kalliope

Quivering wrote:I don't understand it. Sure scatter's range is shorter than silence, but doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose for removing silence from all specs? Do they just not want SV and BM to have a disorient AND a silence baseline?

Don't get me wrong, I will take it, but from a philosophy standpoint, I can't make heads or tails of it.
I guess that's about right. Having access to that many different CCs/utility effects without swapping pets might be considered a bit much. But pet AI....

YouTube Edition

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Quivering wrote:I don't understand it. Sure scatter's range is shorter than silence, but doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose for removing silence from all specs? Do they just not want SV and BM to have a disorient AND a silence baseline?

It'd be easier if they actually sat down, thought out a concise and reasonable list of changes, and kept us updated on the whole process. This will only just squeak by, but they shouldn't nerf us so recklessly that we need band-aids like this in the first place.

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I don't like it.. we have so many pretty much essential glyphs that its going to make this.. suck. Whats going to take its place binding shot in that tier? I mean intimidation is well kinda sub par doesn't work on quite a lot of target, wyvern sting.. it's a CC but not really used much in raids and binding shot during a raid who really would use it.. I mean.. silence shot may have felt mandatory but that's because it was the only thing really worthwhile in that tier lol.

Atleast that's how I feel...
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Kalliope wrote:

I guess that's about right. Having access to that many different CCs/utility effects without swapping pets might be considered a bit much. But pet AI....

Which is funny, since MM will continue to have that much CC.
Kalliope

Gelannerai wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Which is funny, since MM will continue to have that much CC.
But MM doesn't have BW as a get out of jail free card or extra bit of burst. There's a tradeoff for the utility.

YouTube Edition

Slickrock

sasrei7 wrote:I don't like it.. we have so many pretty much essential glyphs that its going to make this.. suck. Whats going to take its place binding shot in that tier? I mean intimidation is well kinda sub par doesn't work on quite a lot of target, wyvern sting.. it's a CC but not really used much in raids and binding shot during a raid who really would use it.. I mean.. silence shot may have felt mandatory but that's because it was the only thing really worthwhile in that tier lol.

Atleast that's how I feel...
Yeah, that tier is pretty much a joke now as far as raiding is concerned.
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Kalliope wrote:
But MM doesn't have BW as a get out of jail free card or extra bit of burst. There's a tradeoff for the utility.
To be fair, neither does SV, and they're losing their utility just like BM is.

I guess I'm trying to point out how these nerfs are actually pretty silly when you compare the utility/burst capability of, say, BM, to the utility/burst of Mage/Rogue/Warlock. I agree with the Readiness nerf, but they need to revert the others, as Readiness was the issue from the start and they just couldn't wrap their heads around it until it was too late.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

It's not too late.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

This glyph is a crappy band-aid at best. Scatter as an interrupt will be inferior to other class's options and here's why:

1. Scatter Shot has a 30 second CD. That's long if you compare it to Rogues 15 second Kick CD or Shaman's 12 second CD Wind Shear.

2. Scatter has a 20 yard range. Wind Shear is 25 yards and Mage's Counterspell is a whopping FORTY yards.

3. Scatter is on the GCD. Other interrupts are not on the GCD. This means, that in the heat of the moment when interrupting often matters most, you'll likely be mid cast and have to stop your casting (using a /stopcasting macro) and use your interrupt, but won't because you're GCD locked.

We shouldn't have to take a badly implemented band-aid that gives us second rate functionality compared to what other classes have baseline. That's not to mention that no PVPer in their right mind will ever use this glyph because it means giving up Scatter trapping. God forbid if there happens to be a PVE encounter where we have to control adds and interrupt. We'd be screwed.

I also remember GC stating that they want to move away from mandatory glyphs, yet I'm pretty sure this one will become mandatory for PVE, right along side Deterrance and Animal Bond. I guess adding new spells is hard.
Slickrock

Ickabob wrote:This glyph is a crappy band-aid at best. Scatter as an interrupt will be inferior to other class's options and here's why:

1. Scatter Shot has a 30 second CD. That's long if you compare it to Rogues 15 second Kick CD or Shaman's 12 second CD Wind Shear.

2. Scatter has a 20 yard range. Wind Shear is 25 yards and Mage's Counterspell is a whopping FORTY yards.

3. Scatter is on the GCD. Other interrupts are not on the GCD. This means, that in the heat of the moment when interrupting often matters most, you'll likely be mid cast and have to stop your casting (using a /stopcasting macro) and use your interrupt, but won't because you're GCD locked.

We shouldn't have to take a badly implemented band-aid that gives us second rate functionality compared to what other classes have baseline. That's not to mention that no PVPer in their right mind will ever use this glyph because it means giving up Scatter trapping. God forbid if there happens to be a PVE encounter where we have to control adds and interrupt. We'd be screwed.

I also remember GC stating that they want to move away from mandatory glyphs, yet I'm pretty sure this one will become mandatory for PVE, right along side Deterrance and Animal Bond. I guess adding new spells is hard.
For what I used Silencing Shot for, I can probably live with the glyph. Of course, we'll have to test it, and see if it doesn't have other consequences. ASSUMING they fix the range with the glyph.

The big question for the Panderia rares is, will this stop the cast and reset their cycle, or just push back the heal cast? Same question for the taming targets that self-heal or do other casts.

I could see PVPers using this in certain circumstances depending on what comp they were facing.. could provide a double-silence for MM, which would be interesting. (Scatter, target trinkets, Silence... with the caveat here that I am a PVP noob)

For raiding, I'm re-evaluating what the required glyphs really are. Disengage is useless on many fights, so I've stopped using that. Animal Bond is good, but our health usually isn't an issue in raids. EW, nope, our pets aren't dying consistently. Mend pet? again, not an issue in current raids. Really, there are no game-changing glyphs for raiding at all. Some bonus heals is about all you get. So taking some heals and the scatter glyph (for ONE fight in ToT... Horridon) is about as good as it gets.

I would actually like a minor Glyph to REDUCE the range of Disengage, so you wouldn't have to be as concerned about butt-pulling or jumping into other fire when raiding.
Kalliope

Gelannerai wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
To be fair, neither does SV, and they're losing their utility just like BM is.

I guess I'm trying to point out how these nerfs are actually pretty silly when you compare the utility/burst capability of, say, BM, to the utility/burst of Mage/Rogue/Warlock. I agree with the Readiness nerf, but they need to revert the others, as Readiness was the issue from the start and they just couldn't wrap their heads around it until it was too late.
Tis a fair point; survival's been crap again except for the most undergeared of hunters in the first tier of raiding in an expansion. Ugh. At least the last I heard.

I seriously hope that all of this means that the guild is getting another massive overhaul that will fix a number of these issues.

YouTube Edition

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Slickrock wrote:For raiding, I'm re-evaluating what the required glyphs really are. Disengage is useless on many fights, so I've stopped using that. Animal Bond is good, but our health usually isn't an issue in raids. EW, nope, our pets aren't dying consistently. Mend pet? again, not an issue in current raids. Really, there are no game-changing glyphs for raiding at all. Some bonus heals is about all you get.
Glyph of Disengage may be situational, but Glyph of Deterrence and Animal Bond are not. In heroic raiding there is so much damage going out that the healers need all the help they can get, so the bonus healing from Animal Bond goes a long way. The Deterrence glyph is vital for a similar reason, as there are times where popping it has saved my butt, like Quills on Ji'Kun or Interrupting Jolt on Dark Animus. We don't need any more mandatory glyphs, and I'm sure the scatter glyph will end up being one from the looks of some of the Siege of Orgrimmar fights.
Slickrock

Ickabob wrote:
Slickrock wrote:For raiding, I'm re-evaluating what the required glyphs really are. Disengage is useless on many fights, so I've stopped using that. Animal Bond is good, but our health usually isn't an issue in raids. EW, nope, our pets aren't dying consistently. Mend pet? again, not an issue in current raids. Really, there are no game-changing glyphs for raiding at all. Some bonus heals is about all you get.
Glyph of Disengage may be situational, but Glyph of Deterrence and Animal Bond are not. In heroic raiding there is so much damage going out that the healers need all the help they can get, so the bonus healing from Animal Bond goes a long way. The Deterrence glyph is vital for a similar reason, as there are times where popping it has saved my butt, like Quills on Ji'Kun or Interrupting Jolt on Dark Animus. We don't need any more mandatory glyphs, and I'm sure the scatter glyph will end up being one from the looks of some of the Siege of Orgrimmar fights.
True, for heroics, the damage is ramped way up. (In my current raid group, I'm usually the last one standing, so I'm looking for other utility, which isn't there.).