Mend Pet Glyph Nerf...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Mend Pet Glyph Nerf...

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Old.
Glyph of Mending: Increases the total amount of healing done by your Mend Pet ability by 60%.
New.
Glyph of Mending: Your Mend Pet now ticks every 1 sec, but the duration is reduced by 5 sec and it gains a 10 sec cooldown.
This is pretty sad as that Glyph means A LOT to me when I'm doing anything solo... in fact it's kind of a nerf to have it that to not have it... :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mend Pet Glyph Nerf...

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wtf....><;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh my. If they don't do something to the baseline spell to compensate for the healing loss, this may rustle my jimmies.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Quivering wrote:Oh my. If they don't do something to the baseline spell to compensate for the healing loss, this may rustle my jimmies.
Very much agreed, especially in Scenarios where I'm pet tanking

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

SpiritBinder wrote:Old.
Glyph of Mending: Increases the total amount of healing done by your Mend Pet ability by 60%.
New.
Glyph of Mending: Your Mend Pet now ticks every 1 sec, but the duration is reduced by 5 sec and it gains a 10 sec cooldown.
This is pretty sad as that Glyph means A LOT to me when I'm doing anything solo... in fact it's kind of a nerf to have it that to not have it... :|
That's stupid... Why would they do this ? They enjoy pissing off the Hunter population ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

They must enjoy pissing us off, considering we're the only class that hasn't otherwise gotten new vanity glyphs yet...

...and the vanity glyphs we started out with have just not been all that hot.
AdamSavage

Well it's still early in PTR, so things could change.. It's looking more likely I will stick to my shadow priest in the patch.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

AdamSavage wrote: That's stupid... Why would they do this ? They enjoy pissing off the Hunter population ?
Pretty much this. Wtf!! I love that glyph for soloing stuff...its pretty much half the reason i log on now I don't raid full time anymore...they want to kill the game for the solo hunters or something?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

This is my face right now...

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yes lets remember the lesson of Silencing shot and Stampede. We don't know whats up their sleeve.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I suspect this is another PVP nerf, but they need to make it apply only in rated PVP if so.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Cartoon Qinni is not amused.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Quivering wrote:Yes lets remember the lesson of Silencing shot and Stampede. We don't know whats up their sleeve.
It's true and your right, we don’t know what’s up their sleeve.

The thing I'm trying to understand is the intent and or benefit of this new version now. We have straight up lost any bonus healing from this glyph now as it stands. It will now make your mend pet tick twice as fast for 1/2 time of the old one (Now 5 seconds)... but. It now how a cooldown of 10 seconds, which is the same amount of time that the over version used to heal over, thus there is no healing bonus.

The only benefit I can see from this new glyph is if your pet takes burst damage and needs topping up fast.

It actually looks like PVP buff rather than a nerf. If a player/players decide to focus on your pet, you will now have 100% extra healing (instead of the 60% the old glyph provided) and 5 second to try and get your pet out of danger. Possibly it could also help one recover from your pet taking a large amount of PVE damage in a short period when the proverbial hits the fan.

However IMO the drawbacks of this glyph outweigh the actually having it at all. Having a mend pet rolling on your pet from the beginning of a fight (assuming your pet is tanking) will keep your pet topped up for a longer period of time. This new version actually encourages us to be more of a reactionary healer, to get the most out of it, we need our pet to more take damage to begin with as to not waste the bonus healing. With our current spell there is no wasted healing because it has no cooldown, and can be recast at any time.

Again if this glyphs benefit if meant to help your pet recover faster from large amounts of damage, this is also it’s draw back. If you a tanking a mob that can cause your pet larger amounts of damage in a short period of time, there is potential that this mob may also hit your pet with one of these large damaging hits within the last 5 seconds of the glyphs cooldown, where your pet is receiving no heals, nor can you heal again until your mend pet now comes off cooldown. This can be very far more detrimental to your pets health as there is nothing you can do then until the heal come off cooldown. This effect can also be compounding and you will end up chasing your tail trying to keep your pet up.

Lastly the cooldown itself will again cause more damage taken over all in general. I overlap mend pets, all the time when tanking heavy hitting mobs. I do this if I know that I'm low on focus and need to cast a Cobra Shot/Steady Shot or two. Your pet can take a lot of damage in 2-4 seconds of combat with no incoming heals. If Mend pet falls off during these casted shots, again you can go from full to 1/2 health (very easy to happen on Isle of Giants) To be able to recast Mend Pet when the is still 3-4 second left on the spell may cost be a global, but it can also save my pets live, just but being able to overlap them and safely cast my focus regens.

And again, all this reactionary healing and tail chasing stress, with NO bonus healing, I just don't understand the intent... that and it's still labelled as a major Glyph.

Anyways, I just really hope there is something else to come to the class or this glyph. In its current state, I'd have to pick any other glyph, or none if I had to in its stead.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Back to MD glyph....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I am curious as to the reasoning behind it, but unless it goes live as is, my hands shall remain unwrung and my jimmies unrustled. Sometimes we gotta let the casserole bake before we know how its gonna turn out.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

That face will be in my nightmares.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

I usually don't mind so much when Blizzard makes "bad" decisions, as I usually find a way to live with that change or it doesn't concern me.

But this...

There goes my high end soloing, including Warbringers (just one more mount RNG, just one more!).
AdamSavage

Has anyone tried this on the PTR yet ?

Dr. Who Video!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

So, I was nagging a certain rainbow bird on twitter today...
EubenHadd ‏@EubenHadd 5h
@Rygarius But it does reduce the overall healing of Mend Pet in favor of a quicker heal, right?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rygarius ‏@Rygarius 5h
@eubenhadd And adds a 10 sec cooldown.
Expand
EubenHadd ‏@EubenHadd 5h
@Rygarius But the 60% bonus healing is gone right? So now the base heal can be faster, but no more bonus to the healing, correct?
Expand
Rygarius ‏@Rygarius 4h
@eubenhadd Yeah, the glyph itself has been changed.
Expand
EubenHadd ‏@EubenHadd 4h
@Rygarius Those who pet tank and solo are gonna miss the old version.. new version seems more for PVP. :-P
Expand
Rygarius ‏@Rygarius 3h
@eubenhadd Good news, the glyph is now a flat increase to the periodic effect so it heals every 1 sec, full duration.
So see his last update, we'll have to see what that looks like on the next PTR build.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hm....Lets see how that works then.

LisaaraPokefarm