barrens quests gone in 5.4

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: barrens quests gone in 5.4

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Last few days on my server when a caravan falls over I've been able to get all the loot as there is no one doing them :lol: So being on a server with no one doing them does have it's advantages sometimes XD
tekovince
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by tekovince »

I grabbed the troll shoes on a druid, never had to kill a single enemy. I just flew around and grabbed the lootable wood from the ground in flight form. they respawn fast enough that you can constantly loop around the area and always find some. The only one that's a bit harder is the meat since the Kor'kron dudes there use bows.

Also did the same thing on my monk using the glyph of zen flight and the food buff from Freeze-Dried Hyena Jerky. Not as fast as druid and if you get hit you can get knocked out of zen flight but still found it faster than killing them.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I admit, the troll shoes are what I am most interested in. If they were BoE or *especially* BoA, I'd farm up enough for all my characters; I've had *so* many times I wanted a morph that gave bare feet. But with my other level 90 characters not being even near high enough ilevel for getting them, and Kura having no 'bare foot' morphs to make it worth getting that much wood for him.... it kinda pisses me off. :/
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So a better explanation of what will stay or go in 5.4 has been posted:
Those of you who have a Radical Mojo after the patch goes live will still be able to use it with existing armor tokens. However, Ravika, the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster, will no longer be available for purchases, but you will have a rare chance at receiving the Raptorhide Boxing Gloves and Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone by killing the Kor’kron, and other associated mobs in Northern Barrens.
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9661246250#1
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

it's now been confirmed that the other Barrens items (the cosmetic ones), are being removed entirely. This latest blue post:
Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.
Though there was also this later snippet:
Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.
Source.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Thank goodness. The shoes are the one thing that I was really being upset about missing. I have a couple characters who are drooling for them.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So wait....the title IS being removed or is it able to be obtained again?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Title should be gone, doesn't make sense for it to be available later
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sense or not, they need to allow me to use my title across my account then if that's the case.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I"m pretty sure the title will no longer be obtainable. It's a "I was here when that happened" kind of thing.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:I"m pretty sure the title will no longer be obtainable. It's a "I was here when that happened" kind of thing.
Will they allow alts, Horde or Alliance, to use the title or are they gonna be buttheads about that?

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:
Wain wrote:I"m pretty sure the title will no longer be obtainable. It's a "I was here when that happened" kind of thing.
Will they allow alts, Horde or Alliance, to use the title or are they gonna be buttheads about that?
I'm actually not sure. The full quote (in which that very question was asked) was:
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?
Also, titles account-wide pretty please?

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.
The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens. Think of the action in those areas as exclusive for where we are at this point in the game (not unlike the gathering quests for Ahn'Qiraj and the Scourge Event before Wrath of the Lich King).
As you can see, they avoided answering the "account" bit. Maybe deliberate, maybe just forgot in the long reply. But the nature of the comments suggests "no".
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I dont understand their reasoning for keeping the title on the single character only. I am trying to raise a pvp toon ASAP to get the Hordebreaker and I doubt I can go from 15-90 between now and Sept 10 (with my schedule).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Hmm I best do those quests on my new dinged 90 then, I assumed the title was account wide but i guess not..

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yes, it would be odd, given the precedents. Titles like "Scarab Lord" are account-wide, despite representing a piece of WoW history.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seriously. It should be account wide.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Agreed that it should be account wide, just not earnable after next week..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

which title is it, exactly? and how far into the quests do you have to be to get it?

right now I'm at the point where I have the weekly "painfully grind annoying items from even more annoying mobs until you have ridiculous quantities of pointless items" quest.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Depending on your faction, its "the Hordebreaker" for Alliance and "Darkspear revolutionary" for horde. You get it once you do the "gather 15 of each resource" quest and then the "gather 150 of each" weekly after that. That gives you the ach and title on that toon.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Just got the horde one for Talu. Annoyed Lunajin wont have it cause she's level 30 and there's no way I'd get to 90 by the 10th, even with heirlooms.

LisaaraPokefarm