Herioc End Dungeons

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Herioc End Dungeons

Unread post by evil950510 »

Both Wrath and Cata had a string of heroic dungeons that led up to the final raid. However there has been no talk of them this expansion instead we get scenerios. I am wrong or are they not happening this time?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Herioc End Dungeons

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah they are utilizing scenarios and heroic scenarios more than dungeons this go around. I'm not sure how I feel about it personally.
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Yeah, the initial 5 mans that came out with MoP are the only 5 mans this expansion.

Suddenly they've become too much hard work since Wrath to do alongside decent sized raid tiers. Makes you wonder how they did such massive raid tiers (ToC excepted) alongside 5 mans back in Wrath.

Cata had 5 mans, but re-used resources for some of them and had smaller raid tiers, and now we've bigger raid tiers (bigger than Wrath even), but no 5 mans?

Looks like Scenarios and heroic Scenarios have by and large replaced 5 man dungeons, which itself slows down the general gearing process...
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Sar wrote:Yeah, the initial 5 mans that came out with MoP are the only 5 mans this expansion.

Suddenly they've become too much hard work since Wrath to do alongside decent sized raid tiers. Makes you wonder how they did such massive raid tiers (ToC excepted) alongside 5 mans back in Wrath.

Cata had 5 mans, but re-used resources for some of them and had smaller raid tiers, and now we've bigger raid tiers (bigger than Wrath even), but no 5 mans?

Looks like Scenarios and heroic Scenarios have by and large replaced 5 man dungeons, which itself slows down the general gearing process...
This, except, I don't think there's a negative impact on the gearing process. If anything, with the heroic caches, it helps it. I'd much rather see the resources spent on other content, rather than a 5-man that gets outdated quickly.

Basically, LFR, and now Flex, have replaced heroic 5-mans, along with the scenarios.
Account has been closed at user's request.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Not sure how everyone else feels. But I actually really enjoy the scenarios.
It's allot more fun, and fast paced than the usual tank and spank of regular dungeons. The hour long qeues for dps. Not worshipping the healer or tank? Get kicked.
You actually feel like you are doing something to, not just standing on the purple dot and spamming skills in order.
I'm ok with the change. Would be nice if they made some different looking gear for it though.