SPIRIT RAPTORS :O

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

SPIRIT RAPTORS :O

Unread post by ashdawn »

For shamans :( at least we are one step closer to seeing a spirit raptor we can tame that looks good, found it in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDup-IGjRmw
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: SPIRIT RAPTORS :O

Unread post by Slickrock »

Hate to say it, but it's quite unlikely that we'll get that anytime soon. Considering all the huff around the last time.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I'm actually very excited for this. I was thinking of level a troll enhancement shaman. This may have sparked me to do so. :D

Especially happy that shamans are getting such AWESOME minor glyphs FINALLY! We didn't have ANY that were fun aside from the Spirit Wolf one. Shamans really got borked with fun minor glyphs. :(

I'm glad Blizz is fixing this though as my shaman is my main.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Totally agreed Doc, would be swell if they maybe made a glyph that let you also change your wolf/travel into one if these guys too while they are at the whole Raptor theme :)
Bring of the shaman love :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

umm hunters don't really have awesome minor glyphs.. woot fireworks.. woot same pet for stampede... nice shammies get some love but hunters really could use an awesome minor glyph mine I don't even have all 3 glyphed lol
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

sasrei7 wrote:umm hunters don't really have awesome minor glyphs.. woot fireworks.. woot same pet for stampede... nice shammies get some love but hunters really could use an awesome minor glyph mine I don't even have all 3 glyphed lol
Hunters did at least have some cool ones though. I know many hunters who have all 3 glyphed. Shammies literally had NONE. Most shamans I know only have 1 minor glyph.

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

ya but none real "omgosh I need to have it cause its sooo cool!" atleast for me anyways
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Actually, for the Shaman glyph one, I adore the ones they have for Minor, but that's because I like convenience and was crazy happy for insta water walking when turning into a ghost wolf and far sight indoors, as I HATE having to cross water with a passion and I love to look at things from different viewpoints in the game which can give me great screenshots few people can get. Aesthetically I was and still am all over turning my ghost wolf form into the spirit-y wolf

Hunters do sadly have lackluster glyphs for aesthetics. Convenience, yes like Fetch, Revive Pet, and Tame Beast, which are the ones I use, but not much going for em in general when compared to many other classes. Though the Glyph of Aspects is cute, thats my only favorite for aesthetic-only glyphs they have. The firework one thankfully I never see used cause I really don't like it and could never run with someone who uses it. Theres enough motion graphics in a dungeon without seeing fireworks being spammed at a target xP

If I had a troll shaman, I'd probably be all over dem raptors, but then again, I LOOOOVE the spirit wolves.....

I am just LOVING though, the raining frogs and glyph of compy. LOOOOOOVE. :lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm going to enjoy trying these out on my shaman (I haven't yet), but as a hunter I wouldn't feel too sad if they were never made tameable. They... look fine for shaman pets, but their effects aren't quite up to spirit beast I don't think. It looks like a regular raptor with just a single effect applied. Even the spirit beasts that people have been more critical of have had more than this. They're perfectly good as shaman adds in combat, though, and should be fun :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I told myself I wasn't going to roll any more alts.
Then Blizzard goes and does this.

Along with the Compy glyph, I now need a troll Shaman.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Well, for hunter glyphs, there seems to be a focus fire one that has some sort of visual effect depending on how many stacks you have.
Inb4 it's just a UI change to the arrows to show arrows equal to stacks (as if I didn't alreay never notice those arrows)

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Hmm ponders an enhancement offspec for her ele shaman....:D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

A couple of the shaman minor glyphs are useful (indoor farsight and water walking when in wolf form) but there really aren't any 'fun' ones currently. Gee, my shammy can make 4 totems appear when plopping one down. Aside from being boring, those fake totems'll actually still aggro aggressive mobs that get close to them, even if the 'real' totem has been planted again elsewhere. I'll almost certainly go with the compy glyph.

I'm planning on trying out enhancement, so that raptor glyph could be neat. The rain of frogs one is cute, but I'd rather see it be tied in with Healing Rain or something. Seriously, my elemental shammy'd be casting that in raid and pvp just to see the frogs.

As for a spirit beast based upon the enhancement glyph raptors, I'd prefer a nicer model than just the plain basic raptor skin.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

The spirit TRex would be nice too.. /sigh
Account has been closed at user's request.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Slickrock wrote:The spirit TRex would be nice too.. /sigh
personally I would love a sha touched raptor/T-rex
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Awww yiss, finally my troll shaman can get more proximity with the raptors! Now if they would only give us a glyph that turns the travel form into a raptor as well. I always felt wolves were more of an orc thing and while my shaman sticks to all things that are amphibian, reptilian or dinosaur.. the travel form just felt out of place. (I'm super thankful for the spectral wolf glyph though.) And hey, druids get two different options for looks on their travel form! :D
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Yoruko wrote:Awww yiss, finally my troll shaman can get more proximity with the raptors! Now if they would only give us a glyph that turns the travel form into a raptor as well. I always felt wolves were more of an orc thing and while my shaman sticks to all things that are amphibian, reptilian or dinosaur.. the travel form just felt out of place. (I'm super thankful for the spectral wolf glyph though.) And hey, druids get two different options for looks on their travel form! :D
I said the exact same thing and vowed to roll a troll shaman just because of this glyph.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Nevish wrote:
Yoruko wrote:Awww yiss, finally my troll shaman can get more proximity with the raptors! Now if they would only give us a glyph that turns the travel form into a raptor as well. I always felt wolves were more of an orc thing and while my shaman sticks to all things that are amphibian, reptilian or dinosaur.. the travel form just felt out of place. (I'm super thankful for the spectral wolf glyph though.) And hey, druids get two different options for looks on their travel form! :D
I said the exact same thing and vowed to roll a troll shaman just because of this glyph.
Aw, did you? How did I miss that! D: Oh well, I'm happy to hear I wasn't the only one getting that thought.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Yoruko wrote:
Nevish wrote:
Aw, did you? How did I miss that! D: Oh well, I'm happy to hear I wasn't the only one getting that thought.
Ah, no! I didn't say it here! I was showing my mother the videos, haha, and we were going "OMG SPIRIT RAPTORS OMG TROLLS". Sorry about that!